ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Tour is Over!
Hong Kong Harbour Fest, November 9, 2003 by Mike Clarke
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: tid bits from article on Tony Mott (rock photog) Return to archive
11-01-03 02:41 AM
fmk438j Just thought I'd post some of the stuff he says about the stones.

"Mick Jagger said you should always treat stars as ordinary human beings and 'normal folk' as stars."

"Mick Jagger has this thing about his scraggy neck: his manager, Tony King, told me that if you wanted shots to be on tour posters, go instead for the extended neck, and facial expressions that take attention away from it."

Mott covered Mick Jagger's Australian solo tour in 1988, and the two subseuent stones' tours, where he had a chance to see the Glimmer Twins up close. "They're yin and yang, Mick and Keith. Mick is the diplomat, the charmer, and I can see why women adore him; he doesn't like upsetting people, whereas Keith doesn't give a toss who he upsets. Mick had a code when he had to do a big meet and greet - the handshake jobs. When he'd had enough, he'd say to me, 'You're looking a bit tired Tone', which was my cue to pack up my cameras, so he could say to the next person, 'Oh, sorry, photographer's had to go', and it made him look good."
Still, he adds, Jagger was unstinting with his time at the Australian family reunion dinner the singer organised in 1995 at the behest of his Australian mother: "he and Jerry spent four hours having their photo taken with everyone there."

Tony Mott's book 'Every Picture Tells a Story is published soon.