ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Tour is Over!
Hong Kong Harbour Fest, November 9, 2003 by Mike Clarke
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: We Love You Return to archive
10-30-03 09:53 PM
Shockspeeder So this was released as a single and it bombed...but I think it rocks! Mainly I can't get enough of Brian Jones on the mellotron, and We Love You just jams with it. The Black Box version is an instrumental version that is different from the released version and they both have their rockin; parts to them. Jesus H. Christ, obtain both versions and listen to them and watch the promo film. It all so anti-government and telling the cats in blue to fuck off!
10-31-03 05:32 PM
Shockspeeder I'm sorry
11-01-03 07:59 AM
corgi37 And it was produced brilliantly. Listen to the channel swapping, the reverb on the drums, the lush swell of the backing vocals. Many moons ago i posted how i would have loved for this song to be an encore song on the licks tour. Apart from never doing it live (am i righ in saying that?), the song really rocks and would be a nice touch to for all us fans. Didnt happen though.
11-01-03 12:06 PM
Prodigal Son If you can get over the beatle-dominating harmonies (if you're like jb that might hinder it-hey, John and Paul do give it that authentic touch), it's a wonderful psychedelic treat. I love the chopped-up rhythms of that melletron and all the production techniques. Then to alleviate that mood, a middle section that rocks out.
11-01-03 04:28 PM
c.k. That is one cool, trippy song. I'm not a big beatles fan myself but I think they really fit in well with the whole weird psychedelic sound of it. They definitly should have put this song on Satanic Majesties. I'd love to see the promo film, there's a pic of it in according to rolling stones with keith dressed as a judge.
11-01-03 07:09 PM
caro I'd love to see that film too, especially since I found these pics a few months ago.... Looks fun.

[Edited by caro]
11-01-03 07:25 PM
c.k. Cool pictures. I wish they'd release it on video or something.
11-01-03 11:47 PM
CousinCocaine
I LOVE WE LOVE YOU !!

That one and 2000 light years are really missing on 40Licks!

It's a shame they missed the great chance to show that psychedelic side of the Stones to the unknowing masses!
CC
11-02-03 02:38 PM
Shockspeeder I think I am into Brian's mellotron the most. I hear it in Stray Cat Blues and a little in a couple others mostly on Buttons & Satanic blah hail Satan!!! @@
11-02-03 04:40 PM
Child of the Moon We Love You...

One of my all-time favorite Stones songs. Probably top fove or so.

Damn, I love that song...
11-02-03 07:22 PM
beer i have the video for We Love You, it's pretty good. Mick keith and Marianne in the courtroom, plus footage of the Stones in the studio.

There's also a video for Child Of The Moon, but i've never seen it.