ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Tour is Over!
Hong Kong Harbour Fest, November 9, 2003 by Mike Clarke
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mickchickxxx on R.O. Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-30-03 09:34 PM
mickchickxxx Hi Everyone,I decided to register a new account so I can post under the screen name I am referred to most- "Mickchickxxx" rather than "tumbling_dice", so now there will be no confusion!
btw.... What is the "Breakfast Show" thing mean below my name?
Love,
Becca
10-30-03 10:44 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
mickchickxxx wrote:
What is the "Breakfast Show" thing mean below my name?
Love,
Becca

from a stones boot, "gimme Shelter" sound track i believe, mick introduces the band/show with this line - "welcome to the breakfast show" maybe it was the first of two shows in a day - gazza would know all the details on that
10-30-03 10:56 PM
fmk438j Not mention the movie itself.

Hey SIA, speaking of GS, I saw it at the Valhalla in Sydney the other week and it was excellent. So, so loud. Such a great experience hearing it at that volume, feeling the bass through the floorboards.

I think I heard it was going to tour the country (little indie cinemas of course), so keep your eyes open. Well worth checking out.

10-30-03 11:09 PM
stonedinaustralia thanks for tip fmk - had you seen it before as i wonder if the version you saw had the additonal footage that wasn't in th eoriginal but was added for the "digital" release - i understand there was (at least) additional footage of the muscle shoals scenes

10-31-03 02:26 AM
marko Welcome to the breakfast show.That what Mick said on 1969
tour,just before first notes of jjf.i think it was New York.
and its on ya yas too?
10-31-03 02:57 AM
mac_daddy yep Mick said it at MSG. It is Voodoo's way of welcoming people to the board - it seems to show up until your second post...

that Criterion DVD of Gimme Selter is an absolute must own! Did you know that they almost called the film "Love in Vain" (which apparently was the working title)..?

the Maysles also did "Dont Look Back," didn't they?
10-31-03 09:46 AM
SHINE A LIGHT yes, i knew they were going to call it "love in vain" and i think they should have stayed with that working title.
which "don't look back" do you mean? i do not think the maysel brothers did that one, but i could be wrong. my husband is a professor of cinematography, i'll ask him later.
10-31-03 11:13 AM
SHINE A LIGHT I HAVE THE ANSWER...MY PROFESSOR HUSBAND JUST CALLED ME...THE FILM "DON'T LOOK BACK" IS A 1966 FILM, DONE BY D.A. PENNEBAKER. IT'S A FILM ABOUT BOB DYLAN.
10-31-03 11:33 AM
jb Welcome again to one of the sweetest ladies I know...with a great sense of humour and who also happens to worship Mick Taylor.
10-31-03 12:02 PM
mickchickxxx Thanks Josh! It's great to be here on Rocks Off.
10-31-03 12:14 PM
Pattie
Hi again!
10-31-03 12:16 PM
mickchickxxx Hi Pattie, Nice to see u again.
10-31-03 12:30 PM
Pattie
You too!!

Boy we're super nice and polite haha, anyway, it was nice talking to you yesterday. I'm sure we'll talk again, I'm trying to get Rik and Nanky in there too. Where are they?
10-31-03 01:27 PM
nankerphelge Minxy!
10-31-03 01:47 PM
Pattie
Nanky!! Let's talk sometime
10-31-03 01:50 PM
nankerphelge Pattie, if you were here right now, I'd take you on the Sweet Virginia nankyHalloweenachibabarhopathon!!

10-31-03 02:02 PM
Pattie
Wow, sounds like fun.
10-31-03 02:26 PM
nankerphelge By definition

nanky = fun!!

10-31-03 02:28 PM
jb By definition
Nanker=horndog.
10-31-03 11:59 PM
littleredrooster "The Breakfast Show" refers to the afternoon show on the Friday following Thanksgiving at MSG, NYC in November 1969.
There was a second show that night.
I attended this 'breakfast' concert!

Roostah
11-01-03 03:39 AM
NHStonesfan some great lines in that movie

my favorite is Cahrlie's "well done Sonny"
11-01-03 02:36 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
NHStonesfan wrote:
some great lines in that movie

my favorite is Cahrlie's "well done Sonny"

Not to mention Charlie again on "Oh dear, what a shame...."

PRICELESS!
11-01-03 02:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well that's the reason and I think is a very stonesy way to say WELCOME
11-01-03 02:47 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
I HAVE THE ANSWER...MY PROFESSOR HUSBAND JUST CALLED ME...THE FILM "DON'T LOOK BACK" IS A 1966 FILM, DONE BY D.A. PENNEBAKER. IT'S A FILM ABOUT BOB DYLAN.

pennebaker, not the Maysles...

another great rock doc!

another is that film that just aired on Sundance about producer Tom Dowd. By any chance, did anybody tape that one..?

[Edited by mac_daddy]
11-01-03 03:09 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Well that's the reason and I think is a very stonesy way to say WELCOME

So put that greeting message under my nickname Gerardo.
Didn't you notice? I've been a little away from the board. DAmn, what a long time, I am back again......
Good to be here again.....
11-01-03 03:17 PM
nankerphelge Where ya been JJF?

There's rumours a flyin' that the Stones are headed your way next year!!

11-01-03 04:37 PM
J.J.Flash Hi Nanky my friend. I hope you are fine!
I bloody hope they schedule some dates next year!
We are anxiously waiting!

Best regards!
11-01-03 08:10 PM
nankerphelge MUST GO TO RIO...

Who's with me?
11-01-03 09:58 PM
J.J.Flash Not exactly Rio, but I'm living in Santos, a city by the sea, about 70 Km from S�o Paulo. Feel free to stay a couple of weeks at my home.
11-02-03 01:19 AM
littleredrooster Hey JJF!
Where have you been??
I've missed you and Vamp!

2005 will be YOUR time to enjoy that long awaited tour!

My favorite line from GS is

'Cousin Minnie says, How Deelissous!' KR
Page: 1 2