ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Tour is Over!
Hong Kong Harbour Fest, November 9, 2003 by Mike Clarke
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'm sorry but...Beatles Bootlegs Return to archive
10-30-03 09:35 AM
Fiji Joe Sorry, but I wanna give a Beatles Boot to a Friend of mine who is a huge fan...Can anyone tell me what the "must have" beatles boot is?...with good sound quality

Also, would anyone be willing to trade that boot for Stones boots?
10-30-03 10:15 AM
riffhard64 JB is gonna freak...lmao
10-30-03 10:47 AM
telecaster Fiji "Freaks" was on last night on Turner

What a movie
10-30-03 11:20 AM
Fiji Joe Dang...and I missed it...was too busy watching "What's Happening" reruns
11-03-03 04:07 PM
Fiji Joe So does anyone have an answer?
11-03-03 04:21 PM
jb Ask Bill O'Reiley..a huge Beatles fan..
11-03-03 04:32 PM
Gazza >Sorry, but I wanna give a Beatles Boot to a Friend of mine who is a huge fan...Can anyone tell me what the "must have" beatles boot is?...with good sound quality

depends what era youre looking for. Theres a lot of good studio bootlegs but with the 3 Anthology double CD's, most of that stuff has been released officially now. same with the radio sessions,as theyve ended up on the BBC albums.

They didnt play any live shows after 29.8.66 (apart from the rooftop show at Apple which was filmed for "let it be" - available as "the complete rooftop concert") so most of the decent sounding live bootlegs would be TV shows, such a Ed sullivan etc. I'm not an expert on Beatles bootleg TITLES (I'm sure others are more qualified) but I've a reasonable idea of whats out there.

Theres a couple of good TV shows from the last tour filmed at the Budokan in Tokyo which would be available
11-03-03 05:21 PM
mannydstone
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Sorry, but I wanna give a Beatles Boot to a Friend of mine who is a huge fan...Can anyone tell me what the "must have" beatles boot is?...with good sound quality

Also, would anyone be willing to trade that boot for Stones boots?

I have some live Beatles:ED Sullivan,Stockholm,Paris,Toyo most of it is vv good.
11-03-03 09:28 PM
mac_daddy there are some good studio outtake boots...

you can coompress the Get Back Sessions to one disc - there is enough good material to fill a disc. The Apple rooftop disc is good, too (which I think might be, in part, from the material on the Get Back Sessions). I get bored because I can't listen to them do take after take, but like I said, you can make a good comilation disc out of all of it. For the Stones fans out there, Billy Preston plays keys on it as well (I am convinced the only reason they hired him in the first place was to give the finger to the Beatles, but that is a topic for another thread "Stones Sidemen Lore" or something...)
11-03-03 10:08 PM
glencar That Anthology would be a great thing for the Stones to copy. I actually like my sole Beatles Anthology CD(#2).
11-03-03 10:49 PM
Prodigal Son Yeah, Live at the BBC was the meat of the bootlegs but now it's on and about officially. And it's great, too. I mean, the Beatles are a lot closer to being the Stones on this album than any other time. Hell, they do nearly the same songs.