ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Tour is Over!
Hong Kong Harbour Fest, November 9, 2003 by Mike Clarke
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Strokes' Room On Fire Return to archive
10-29-03 07:28 AM
Factory Girl Why does the new cd have 2 previously released songs?? "Meet Me in the Bathroom" and 1 more.

"I demand a rebate, Ronnie!!"
10-29-03 07:54 AM
Honky Tonk Man Hey FG! Do you have the album yet? Im picking up my copy today. Have those two songs been released before? Im 99% certain that they haven't. Live versions of "Meet Me In The Bathroom" has been floating around for ages. I first heard that song over a year ago!

Alex
10-29-03 08:15 AM
Factory Girl Hey Alex! Yep, I have it. I heard "Meet Me" so many times before. So, it was released to my ears already...lol. The cd only has 11 songs. LMK what you think.

Have the Libertines also. They sound like the young Who & Beatles combined, imo.
10-29-03 11:26 AM
Jumacfly meet me in the bathroom was played live during their last tour...a great song indeed!
10-29-03 03:15 PM
Zeeta A friend said to me yesterday re the Strokes new single 12.51:

"Sounds like the demo song on your little brother's Casio keyboard !!"

I agreed...
10-29-03 03:44 PM
Honky Tonk Man FG, ITS A MASTERPEICE!

It's too damn short though. 33 minutes!

Alex
10-29-03 05:29 PM
hmps "FG, ITS A MASTERPEICE!"

I bet my friends, Jimi Hendrix and Miles Davis, would've been pleased to hear that.

If you feel a need to call something in todays musicscene a "masterpiece" it should be Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros "Streetcore".
released Oct 21, 2003.

get it

dig it

it's london calling - on the other side.

10-30-03 02:20 PM
Factory Girl Alex, I don't think its a masterpiece! And, its too damn short!! Do I need to drink while I'm listening to it???And, I just got my new Vicko prescription!!

new Joe Strummer-no, I'm not getting it. Not interested.

Iggy/Stooges-better be earthshattering, Ronnie!!
10-30-03 05:26 PM
Scot Rocks Overall I think its excellent, a really good follow up to Is this it and its one of those ones that gets better the more you listen to it, such as Exile. Looking forward to seeing them on Dec. 1st.

Mark
10-30-03 09:25 PM
Boomy I don't know.

To me, "12:51" is ok, but it just seems like Nintendo background music.

Is that Jules guy even singing on that? I can barely hear his mumbling...
11-01-03 03:38 PM
UGot2Rollme I just saw the +studio cool+ video for House on Fire and it seems like these guys are some semi'posers wanna be Stones..1/4 talent Guns'n Rosers....YAWN... Half baked, the only thing I liked about the video was the drummer wearing the Rolling Stones tour '81 shirt.

If these gals are the carriers of the Torch, then should the whole f...ckin house be burned down, now , babe, because they aint sh//t...........

Does anyone agree with me, or have I just had too much whisky?
11-01-03 03:51 PM
Factory Girl LOL, its Room On Fire. I see it as a disappointment, and I really wanted to like this cd.

Too much whisky is not a bad thing.

"I'm off to listen to Mad at Gravity, Ronnie"
11-01-03 04:32 PM
UGot2Rollme BURNIN DOWN THE (STROKEs) HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd much rather listen to the Grateful Dead..

in fact I am now and I love it.

...........am i alone? ...........

!Wake up to Find out that You are the Eyes of the world!

11-01-03 06:31 PM
gypsy You know what else is on fire?
Those SOONERS!!!
11-01-03 07:55 PM
nankerphelge No kidding

Where's Joey??

How'd his team do????
11-01-03 08:03 PM
gypsy Joey is probably snorting snot and shitting liquid...cuz his team was beat by Texas.
11-01-03 08:07 PM
nankerphelge Yes it was wadn't it!!

Shitting liquid in large quantities!

Developing.....
11-01-03 08:30 PM
gypsy I bet he's hiding under his futon, crying, whilst trying to sing a Simon and Garfunkel tune..."Like a Bridge Over Troubled Water."
11-02-03 06:22 AM
Honky Tonk Man Room On Fire officialy my favourite album at the moment. I listen to it on the train to work, on the way home to work, before i go to bed, blah, blah blah.

They have stuck to the winning formula of Is This It, but i think they have really developed musically. There are some nice guitar moments on this record.I don't think it has any songs to match "Last Nite" or "Hard To Explain", but IT IS a better album overall.

Mark, one word to say to you. BASTARD

Alex