ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Tour is Over!
Hong Kong Harbour Fest, November 9, 2003 by Mike Clarke
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mojo not Special Issue Return to archive
10-25-03 05:56 PM
Jacques Hi everybody
sorry to disturb you with that but I'm agree..
Sorry for my poor English, but does anybody can help me or us. I ordered Special RS issue on 13th August and I've still nothing except my Visa card charged. They were serious before...
Thanks
Jacques

Here the mails (I've seen such things before on the board).

Hi again
about one month more....
and no news about Mojo Rolling Stones issue I ordered on 13th of August, and you charge my Credit card...
Incredible, no more explanations since beginning of October and of course no deliver.
I can't understand it. could please send me the issue or refund.
I thought you were serious, but I think now you're not. I can't understand why you gave me no news for 3 weeks now!!!
Sorry for my bad English but I was used to read good issues from you.
Still waiting for my issue or an answer from you.
Amicalement
Best regards
Jacques Lafarge
----- Original Message -----
To: '[email protected]'
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 3:02 PM
Subject: Rolling Stones special issue of Mojo 595649

Dear Jacques

> Thank you for your email.
>
> Due to an overwhelming response to this offer I unfortunately have to
> advise we are currently in the process of obtaining further stock. As
> soon as this is received all outstanding orders will be fulfilled.
>
> Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this has caused,
> I do however trust it will not spoil your enjoyment of the magazine.
>
> I trust this has clarified the situation, however should you require any
> further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Lisa Rendell
> Email Customer Services
> We publish over 70 leading magazines on Music, Sport, Motoring, Fashion
> and much more. Why not give a gift subscription. It's a unique and
> thoughtful present that lasts all year. www.emapmagazines.co.uk
>
> ----------
> From: Jacques Lafarge[SMTP:[email protected]]
> Sent: 29 September 2003 10:08
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Still waiting for my special issue
>
> Hi
> I ordered on the Rolling Stones special issue of Mojo on 13th august as
> you can see below.
> My card was charged, but I have not still received this issue.
> Thank you for your answer.
> Best regards
> Jacques
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: subscription.co.uk
> To: MR J LAFARGE
> Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 3:57 PM
> Subject: Mojo Rolling Stones Special On-line Purchase Confirmation
>
> Thank you for your order
>
> Product:Mojo Rolling Stones Special
10-25-03 07:19 PM
beer I still haven't gotten anything either. that mojostones guy is full of shit. he(or she) posted on this board offering this magazine for sale. the company doesn't even have the magazine.
10-25-03 07:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Uhhhhh....why didn't you guys just go to a local magazine shop and get one? I paid a total, including tax, of $8.75. And I walked out of the store looking at the thing.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I just don't understand why you did what you did.
10-25-03 08:30 PM
beer I wish i would have. I was under the impression that this was a special issue that was for order only.

10-25-03 09:56 PM
gypsy Not everyone is as sharp as you, SS.
10-26-03 08:22 AM
Monkey Woman Jacques, I tried ordering the mag online in early August too and received nothing. (As you are wondering, Sir S, there's a simple reason for doing that: when you live in continental Europe, the english language mags are not always easy to find in news stores. It's even truer of special issues.) Luckily for me, I was in London in September and simply bought a copy in a shop!
But I must add that I also ordered NME's special Stones issue and got it in timely fashion.
10-26-03 09:48 AM
Sir Stonesalot >the english language mags are not always easy to find in news stores. It's even truer of special issues.) <

Ahhhhh...I see. That makes sense.
10-26-03 01:39 PM
Martha Hey Jacques,

I am in the same banana boat. Evidently they are out of stock and promised me they will get my issue to me as soon as they refill.

I didn't get the magazine at a store SS, because I have to drive at least an hour (one way) to find a store. And HOPE that it would have that special copy once I got there which is too much of a hassle...time, effort and energy I do not possess. I can wait. Hell, time flies August feels like just yesterday to me anyway!

I know they will ship the magazine as soon as they have it back in stock. I got the same response as you did Jacques after I inquired last week.

I think it'll be alright! Hang tight..but not too tight! LOL

I think of it as something to look forward to that is Stonesicated...I always like that idea!!!!
10-26-03 01:47 PM
padre I bought my NME and MOJO specials both from the nearest kiosk. So, the avaibility for that kinda stuff seems to be in order at least in Finland.
BTW, the MOJO issue has some of the best articles on the Stones I've ever read. REALLY good stuff all the way through. I've read A LOT of Stones articles in my life, so it's great that the writers of the MOJO issue have still found something new to say about the band and albums. Very good writing.
10-26-03 03:16 PM
Sir Stonesalot I agree Padre. What I've read of the MOJO special is very well done. Great photos too.
10-27-03 12:14 AM
Child of the Moon I bought the NME special yesterday. It's really nice, full of interesting vintage 60's stuff. Nice interviews with Mick and Brian. Still have yet to pick up the Mojo mag, but I'm looking forward to finding it!
10-27-03 04:59 AM
Doxa "I paid a total, including tax, of $8.75."

Well, I paid some 15 euros, in the "nearest kiosk" as Padre
did. We here in Finland seem to have that kind of stuff but
it costs...

Yeah, good articles but Nick Kent's Jagger portrait sucks.

Doxa
10-27-03 06:37 AM
Mojostones Hello all
Sorry to hear that some of you are still waiting for your MOJO Stones magazines. If you have not received any communication from the subscriptions dept with regards to your outstanding order, then drop me a line here and I will look into it on your behalf.
Once again, please accept our apologies for this. Demand for the magazine was overwhelming. Thanks for your patience.

Mark Blake
Managing Editor
MOJO Rolling Stones

[email protected]
10-27-03 08:07 AM
padre
quote:
Doxa wrote:
Well, I paid some 15 euros, in the "nearest kiosk" as Padre
did. We here in Finland seem to have that kind of stuff but
it costs...Doxa

Yeah, even the lady behind the counter coudn't believe the price! "I must check this, there must be an error...it can't be this much..." I had to think twice before purchasing, but after reading the mag, there's no regrets.
10-27-03 11:17 AM
Martha Mojostones...e-mail sent! Thanks for the help!

This issue sounds absolutely delicious!!!!

.....salivating like Pavlov's dog......
10-27-03 05:16 PM
Jacques Hi
HAPPY to get news from MOJO to their (our) special Rolling Stones issue.
Personally, I'm not surprised of the success of this event, you make very good issues and I think it's the year of Licks...
I hope you will be now efficient. And hope you'll send us the issue as quickly as you charged the credit cards.
Thanks for your answer and action.
Amicalement
Jacques
10-29-03 09:14 AM
FPM C10 I wouldn't dream of NOT owning the Mojo issue - every Stones fan should have it - but there is some very BAD writing in it. The Brian Jones article has some great stuff, in particular some new comments by Mick and Charlie, but it's thrown in there along with some just ridiculous quotes by Terry Rawlings, who wrote one of those conspiracy books. And author Rob Chapman offers us the wonderful observation that Brian had a "bum like two boiled eggs in a handkerchief". Yeeeech.

And the article about Mick by Nick Kent is shite, too. I HATE Nick Kent. The only worthwhile thing Sid Vicious ever did was beat Nick up. At least he didn't repeat his absurd assertions about Keith hijacking the cherry picker or beating up Ronnie onstage, but really, that guy is a waste of ink.

But none of that means the issue isn't cool as hell. It's amazing how many pictures there are of that band! You'd think by NOW us Stones obsessives would have seen all of them, but there seems to be an endless supply. They have to be among the most-photographed humans on the planet.
10-29-03 09:49 AM
Joey " absurd assertions about Keith hijacking ............. "

Hijacking ?!?!?!

HIJACKING ?!?!?!

Did someone on this board say , " Hijacking ?!?!?!?! "

Developing ..............................like a pleasurable rash that gets under your skin and STAYS there .

" Bite Me Ronnie "

H.R. Puffin Joe !
10-29-03 11:05 AM
Lady P Pardon de ne pas faire l'effort d'�crire en (mauvais) anglais... Moi j'ai trouv� Mojo et le NME d�but septembre � Paris chez W.H.SMITH rue de Rivoli tout simplement.
Chouettes num�ros.
10-29-03 04:21 PM
jean-pierre M ..to lady P..
..� quel num�ro ??..la "rue" est longue......
Jean-Pierre
10-29-03 05:07 PM
Monkey Woman To Jean-Pierre: 248 rue de Rivoli

(merci PagesJaunes.fr !)
10-30-03 01:40 PM
caro Hi Jacques, salut tout le monde...
Je suis pass�e a WH Smith aujourd'hui : ils n'ont plus de hors-s�rie Mojo, et ne vont pas en recevoir d'autres. Merci quand m�me pour l'adresse, Lady P : le magasin est une mine d'or. Il y a quelques bouquins sur les Stones, et surtout toute la presse musicale anglaise (ET on a le droit de feuilleter les magazines, ce que je trouve tr�s sympathique!)
10-31-03 05:21 PM
Jacques Hi
You're all Parisians...and lucky for that not for all things...
But I live in Limousin (not Black Limousine). And Mojo has difficulties to come to us.
Limousin is a small part middle south of France for our Friends anywhere in the world.
But I like it !!!!
10-31-03 05:33 PM
caro Hi Jacques! I've been to your town once and I loved it, but I was 6 years old then, and surrounded by about 200 other screaming kids like me (colo de vacances!). So I supposed I would have liked any place back then.
I'll try to look in other good magazine shops I know, and will e-mail you if I find Mojo. But I suppose it's a little bit late now to find left-over issues...
Anyway, maybe they'll send it to you some day!
11-01-03 02:22 PM
Lady P Je reviens seulement aujourd'hui...
Oui, WH Smith, institution parisienne s'il en est, est proche du m�tro Concorde. D�sol�e, mais ma g�ographie personnelle de Paris retient mieux les stations de m�tro que les num�ros de voirie !
Une autre bonne adresse, Press'tissimo, Boulevard Saint Michel, sur la gauche quand on vient de la Seine, un peu plus haut que l'entr�e principale du jardin du Luxembourg (et face � celui ci), RER Luxembourg. Press'tissimo fait la presse internationale, et si c'est pas chez WHSmith, c'est l� (et vice versa).
Le club fran�ais des Stones a r�cemment indiqu� qu'on pouvait (avait pu ?) trouver ces num�ros chez Gibert, toujours Bd Saint Michel, mais sur la droite, Gibert Musique, un peu au-dessus du croisement avec le Bd Saint Germain, m�tro Saint Michel.
Voir aussi, mais pour la presse plus underground, la mythique librairie Parall�les, rue Saint Honor� (NE ME DEMANDEZ PAS LE NUMERO!!!!!), dans la partie de la rue qui est situ�e pr�s du forum des Halles.
Le MOJO sp�cial Stones propose � la derni�re page de commander d'anciens num�ros sp�ciaux, consacr�s au Beatles, � Led Zep, etc. Pourquoi ne serait ce pas le cas pour celui sur les Stones � terme ? A noter que Mojo a sorti l'an dernier (octobre 2002) un sp�cial Stones �galement, avec 4 couvertures diff�rentes, j'ai celui avec Keith, trouv� chez Press'tissimo � l'�poque. Allez peut �tre voir sur leur site : www.mojo4music.com sait on jamais ?
Enfin, suivre ce qui sort chez Uncut, ils ont fait une longue, tr�s longue interview de Keith l'an dernier. Encore un truc anglais, que serait on sans eux ?�. I love you, English people�.
Bien et tr�s stonement � vous,
Lady P
11-01-03 02:30 PM
Lady P Et pour r�pondre � Doxa, en Finlande - qui, s�rement ne comprendra rien � notre idiome, mais on peut toujours r�ver - j'ajoute que chez nous aussi c'est cher, le Mojo en question co�tait environ 14 euros ici.
11-01-03 04:47 PM
Gazza >And the article about Mick by Nick Kent is shite, too. I HATE Nick Kent. The only worthwhile thing Sid Vicious ever did was beat Nick up. At least he didn't repeat his absurd assertions about Keith hijacking the cherry picker or beating up Ronnie onstage, but really, that guy is a waste of ink.

Apparently the "cherry picker" story in Gothenburg is true, although Kent's assertion that keith proceeded to play a twenty minute guitar solo on it is complete and utter bullshit (the audio evidence is clear enough!)

As for the "Keith punching Ronnie on the face" at Wembley story. The video of the show proves it was simply a figment of Kent's imagination. However, several biographies since have re-hashed it as if it's gospel. Bockris' did, the new Keith bio out next week by Christopher Sandford that the Daily Mail serialised a few days ago repeated it and I'd hazard a guess that piece of shite "Old Gods Almost Dead" probably devoted ample time to it as well.

11-02-03 06:33 AM
Honky Tonk Man Why does everyone get so het-up about whats true and what isn't? I'm going to buy the new Keith biography and i don't care if it's 50 % fiction. Half of Keiths legend is built around story's which are only half true or not true at all.

I just enjoy a good read. If it's got wildly exadurated tales about sex and drugs and supposed blood transfusions in Switzerland, that ay okay with me.

Alex