ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Cardinals Stadium Phoenix, AZ - 8th November 2006
© Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dems Top GOP By 13 Points To Control Congress Return to archive
6th November 2006 03:24 PM
WattsAtScotts FOX News Poll: Dems Top GOP by 13 Points in Race to Control Congress

Monday, November 06, 2006

By Dana Blanton

Story tools
sponsored by

NEW YORK — Nearly half of likely voters — 49 percent — favor the Democratic candidate in their House district and 36 percent the Republican, with 15 percent still undecided in a FOX News poll conducted the final weekend before the midterm elections.

More Democrats (37 percent) than Republicans (26 percent) say they are extremely interested in tomorrow’s elections, and more Democrats (89 percent) than Republicans (81 percent) say they plan to vote for their party’s candidate in their district.

• Check Your State, Check Your Race by clicking BALANCE OF POWER dropdown menu above.

"The issue is whether Republican targeting and their ‘get-out-to-vote’ machine can overcome the greater Democratic interest in the electorate," says Opinion Dynamics Chairman John Gorman. "Who is likely to vote will make the difference tomorrow."

Independents favor the Democratic candidate by 42 percent to 27 percent, with 30 percent saying they will vote for a third party candidate or are still undecided, which raises the question of whether these independents really will vote tomorrow.

Column Archive
Full-page FNC Poll Archive
Stories
o 10/26/06 FOX News Poll: Democrats Preferred on Most Issues
o Former Foley Aide Fordham Tells Ethics Panel His Side of Page Scandal
o 10/12/06 FOX News Poll: Voters Divided on U.S. Involvement in Iraq
o Full-page FNC Poll Archive
Video
o Pivotal Poll

Among those saying they will vote for the Democratic House candidate, twice as many say it is because they want a change in leadership (54 percent), while others say it is because they agree with the policies of the Democratic Party (21 percent).

On the flip side, those voting for the Republican are more likely to say their vote is because they agree with the party’s policies (40 percent), than to keep the current leadership (29 percent).

Votes for the Democratic candidates look more solid: 86 percent say they will definitely vote for the Democrat and 12 percent say they could still change their mind. Among those favoring the Republican candidate in their district, 78 percent are definite they will vote that way and 19 percent say they may change their vote.

Opinion Dynamics Corporation conducted the national telephone poll of 900 likely voters for FOX News from November 4 to November 5. The poll has a 3-point error margin.

By a 13-percentage point margin, more voters think most Democrats in Congress deserve to be re-elected (46 percent) than think most Republicans deserve re-election (33 percent). Furthermore, a 52-percent majority of voters says most Republicans in Congress do not deserve re-election, including 33 percent of self-identified Republicans.

A majority approves of the job their own representative is doing (53 percent), although most disapprove of the job Congress is doing overall (57 percent).

President Bush ’s job ratings continue to stay in negative territory this week: a 54-percent majority of Americans disapproves of the job Bush is doing and 38 percent approve, down 2 percentage points since late October.

For reference, according to 1994 midterm election exit poll results, at that time 44 percent of voters said they approved of the job President Clinton was doing and 52 percent disapproved. Six years into Clinton’s presidency, the same point as Bush is today, 55 percent of voters approved and 43 percent disapproved (1998 FOX News Exit Poll).

Voters who approve of Bush’s job performance favor the Republican House candidate by 75 percent to 9 percent, while those who disapprove back the Democrat by fully 78 percent.

In addition, voters say they would be more likely to vote for a candidate who opposes Bush on key issues (39 percent) than for one who supports Bush (25 percent). One in three voters say Bush will not be a major factor in their vote for Congress this year.

Although half of voters say they will give the candidate’s political party the same amount of consideration this year as in the past, four times as many (37 percent) say the candidate’s party will be more important this year when deciding their vote than say it will be less important (9 percent).

Americans are about equally likely to say the country would be safe from terrorism if Democrats gain control of Congress (28 percent) or if Republicans keep control (31 percent), with another 35 percent saying it would not make a difference which party has control.

On Iraq, by a 37 percent to 30 percent margin, voters think it is more likely a solution would be found if Democrats win control than if Republicans stay in power.

Finally, a 61 percent majority of voters think Democrats will try to cancel the Bush administration tax cuts if they win control of Congress, including not only 73 percent of Republicans, but also 56 percent of Democrats.
6th November 2006 03:28 PM
rasputin56 Fox News
story tools

Classic.
6th November 2006 03:28 PM
jb I have read most of the Polls today, and all seem to point to a narrow win in the House, and republicans holding on by 2 or more in the senate.
6th November 2006 03:32 PM
rasputin56 These generic polls mean little. I agree with your assessment but I think the Sen. may be a tad closer. 50-50 (49+1 ind) would be nice. That'll keep Dick out of the hunting fields. His close friends will be forever in the Dems debt for that.
6th November 2006 03:36 PM
jb Ford loss in TN ended all hope...but I am excited as hell at the prospects of those right wing fanatics having to hear Speaker Of The House Pelosi!!!!
6th November 2006 03:39 PM
rasputin56
quote:
jb wrote:
Ford loss in TN ended all hope...but I am excited as hell at the prospects of those right wing fanatics having to hear Speaker Of The House Pelosi!!!!

That in itself will be worth the price of admission for the next two years. By 2008, Rush won't have to pretend to be shaking.
6th November 2006 03:40 PM
voodoodrew The only poll that matters is the one taken tomorrow.

As for my prediction - House goes dem by 1 or 2 seats.

In the Senate, the Rep's will lose in PA and probably RI. However, I think they will be get couple of surprise wins in MD and possibly NJ, though the latter looks less likely.

Regardless of what your political leanings are, tomorrow will be interesting for all.
6th November 2006 03:41 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

[cc:ss]
[Edited by Joey]
6th November 2006 03:43 PM
jb Win or lose I am driving this upon delivery:
http://files.myopera.com/jonimueller/blog/2005%20Maserati%20Quattroporte-slvr-fVl=mx=.jpg
6th November 2006 03:58 PM
Joey

6th November 2006 03:59 PM
Jumping Jack but I am excited as hell at the prospects of those right wing fanatics having to hear Speaker Of The House Pelosi!!!!

Will she really look like Jacko after her victory surgery? That woman ties her eyebrows in a bun behind her head.
6th November 2006 04:02 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
but I am excited as hell at the prospects of those right wing fanatics having to hear Speaker Of The House Pelosi!!!!

Will she really look like Jacko after her victory surgery? That woman ties her eyebrows in a bun behind her head.

She is attractive imo.
6th November 2006 04:03 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

She is attractive imo.

I concur --- she arouses ' the Lil' Joey ' .

LBJOEY !
6th November 2006 04:06 PM
WattsAtScotts You have got to be kidding
6th November 2006 04:09 PM
jb She is attractive imo!!!
6th November 2006 04:11 PM
Jumping Jack She is the twin sister of the Runaway Bride!!!
6th November 2006 04:17 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
She is the twin sister of the Runaway Bride!!!

She is substantially more attractive than Katherine Harris.
6th November 2006 04:23 PM
gimmekeef We are about to replace one group of lying assholes...with another...
6th November 2006 04:25 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
We are about to replace one group of lying assholes...with another...

I am now madly in love with Nancy Pelosi .....

...it is true .

Joey Pelosi
6th November 2006 04:26 PM
Jumping Jack Jacko is more attractive than Katherine Harris.

Joey longs for the days of Janet Reno again, LOL!!!
6th November 2006 04:27 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Jacko is more attractive than Katherine Harris.

Jumping Jack .....

I got my WHO MSG '06 & WHO Philly '06 in the mail over the weekend ........the DVD's SMOKE !!!!!

YES !!!!!!

6th November 2006 04:34 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Jacko is more attractive than Katherine Harris.

JJ...I'll have to show you the paperwork from an Immigration lawsuit I won personally uncontested versus Ms Reno several years ago.....LOL....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)