ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Cardinals Stadium Phoenix, AZ - 8th November 2006
© Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oakland!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th November 2006 12:08 PM
Gimme Shelter Well, I'm off to see the Stones in Oakland!!!!!
6th November 2006 12:09 PM
Joey
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Well, I'm off to see the Stones in Oakland!!!!!

Enjoy the show ---- BEST STONES YET !!!
6th November 2006 12:11 PM
mojoman
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Well, I'm off to see the Stones in Oakland!!!!!

its nine in the morning. hope you will still be walking by showtime!!!
6th November 2006 12:12 PM
LadyJane Have fun!!!

WE have quite the contingent tonight, no?

Gimme Shelter
Lethargy
Pdog
SheRat
Poplar
monkey_man

Who am I forgetting???

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
6th November 2006 12:14 PM
Saint Sway hopefully some of the rarites from the Beacon shows get carried over to tonites set
6th November 2006 12:15 PM
monkey_man
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Have fun!!!

WE have quite the contingent tonight, no?

Gimme Shelter
Lethargy
Pdog
SheRat

Who am I forgetting???

LJ.

MM
Poplar
6th November 2006 12:16 PM
jb Another less than 30k in a 50k seat venue.
6th November 2006 12:18 PM
LadyJane
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

MM
Poplar

thank you!!!

Hope you all meet up!!!

We need some pics from the West coast for a change.

LJ.
6th November 2006 12:55 PM
Lethargy As long as I get to hear She Was Hot and Midnight Rambler tonight, I'll absorb all the warhorses they can throw at me!
6th November 2006 12:57 PM
jb They have had a lot of time to fill this up...I hope it turns out OK. Needless to say I am shattered about the way this is ending as far as sales...
6th November 2006 01:00 PM
Saint Sway will this show get tarped?
6th November 2006 01:07 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
will this show get tarped?

I predict they will deflate several blimps to cover all the seating on the 3rd level!
6th November 2006 01:23 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
Another less than 30k in a 50k seat venue.

Maybe they'll invite all the old fat Angels like Sonny Barger to take up the space!
6th November 2006 01:28 PM
Poplar
God, work is TOO TOUGH today. Holy hell, I feel like I'm in high school again, waiting for the bell to ring.

I hereby request all Northern Californians to make way for me during my dash from Sacratomato to Oakland. Please clear I-80 at 6pm. I expect this drive to take 1 hour, and no more. Speed limit be damned.

The move to Monday has screwed many a fan. There will be tarps, trust me. Despite it all, I'm pumped, and ready to rock. Oddly enough, since some folks I know couldn't go, I've been able to swap for better seats (and refund my originals). As it turns out, I'll see this show for free from the 6th row in front of Keith. Not bad, eh?

Can't wait to meet some of you. Pdog, i have your number, and I'd love to catch up with Gimmie Shelter. GS, pm me your cell # if you hav't left yet.

OK, must try to work now.

fuck yeah!!!!!
6th November 2006 01:40 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Poplar wrote:

God, work is TOO TOUGH today. Holy hell, I feel like I'm in high school again, waiting for the bell to ring.

I hereby request all Northern Californians to make way for me during my dash from Sacratomato to Oakland. Please clear I-80 at 6pm. I expect this drive to take 1 hour, and no more. Speed limit be damned.

The move to Monday has screwed many a fan. There will be tarps, trust me. Despite it all, I'm pumped, and ready to rock. Oddly enough, since some folks I know couldn't go, I've been able to swap for better seats (and refund my originals). As it turns out, I'll see this show for free from the 6th row in front of Keith. Not bad, eh?

Can't wait to meet some of you. Pdog, i have your number, and I'd love to catch up with Gimmie Shelter. GS, pm me your cell # if you hav't left yet.

OK, must try to work now.

fuck yeah!!!!!

Best of luck doing I 80 at that hour. . .I think you'll only hit a slowdown as you get close to the bridge. I just scored comps myself!! The floor seems wide open!!
6th November 2006 01:50 PM
Lethargy Hey Oakland attendees, any pre-show public gatherings taking place? I'll be taking Bart to the show from the Peninsula. Not many safe gathering places near Oakland stadium, but I was thinking of stopping off in S.F. somewhere on the way if I depart in time...
6th November 2006 01:59 PM
sweetcharmedlife I am heading out to Oakland tonight to catch my 17th Stones show, and on to Phoenix wed. for #18. If they can pull off both these shows with everything that's going on, it will be a minor miracle.
On a personal note. I have a birthday request for the boys. PLEASE play either Memory Motel, or Wild Horses. Thanks, have fun everybody!
6th November 2006 02:05 PM
Lethargy
quote:
jb wrote:
They have had a lot of time to fill this up...I hope it turns out OK. Needless to say I am shattered about the way this is ending as far as sales...

What's worse for the sales (but good for the fans in a way) is that they offered refunds for those that didn't accept the new Monday date. So even for fans that DID buy a ticket, many of them probably took advantage of the refund offer.

I don't have high hopes for this show, but plan on having fun anyway!
6th November 2006 02:06 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
will this show get tarped?

The third deck for all baseball games have been tarped, and The A's were in the playooffs... It's a no brainers, the tarps are going to be there!
6th November 2006 02:18 PM
Lethargy
quote:
pdog wrote:

The third deck for all baseball games have been tarped, and The A's were in the playooffs... It's a no brainers, the tarps are going to be there!

Humiliation!

Why didn't they decide to play some damn arenas instead of playing to half-empty stadiums. Duh - no brainer. It's so simple that, well, Cohl and Jagger don't see it.
6th November 2006 02:18 PM
Poplar anyone have a helicopter i can borrow for about 45 minutes tonight?
i'm starting to get real nervous about some I-80 accident fucking up the whole thing.

man, it's gonna be one rewarding swig of whiskey when i park the car over there.

ok .. must work now.
[Edited by Poplar]
6th November 2006 02:21 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Poplar wrote:
anyone have a helicopter i can borrow for about 45 minutes tonight?
i'm starting to get real nervous about some I-80 accident fucking up the whole thing.

man, it's gonna be one rewarding swig of whiskey when i park the car over there.

ok .. must work now.
[Edited by Poplar]

Dude skip lunch. . .leave at 5!!!
6th November 2006 02:32 PM
Poplar
Leaving at 6 is pushing it.
I'm in TV, so skipping out and having someone booth my show is no small favor - in November sweeps no less. Why do the stones always tour California during sweeps? Conspiracy I tell ya.

I'm trying to knock the show out ASAP, and hand it off to my associate producer as soon as there's nothing else i can do. 6pm at the latest, maybe 1/4 till. It's all about bay bridge area traffic. If that's not a cluster, I'm confident we're there with time to greet!

6th November 2006 02:34 PM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:
anyone have a helicopter i can borrow for about 45 minutes tonight?

ok .. must work now.
[Edited by Poplar]

You do have the alt. route of taking 680 over to 580 and coming in that way too...
I wouldn't stress, just listen to traffic reports if you get nervous...
You have afew alt. routes to try if needed, highway 24 through the tunnels might be another option...
6th November 2006 02:39 PM
Some Guy If you can't tarp me somebody will.
6th November 2006 02:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Hey Oakland attendees, any pre-show public gatherings taking place? I'll be taking Bart to the show from the Peninsula. Not many safe gathering places near Oakland stadium, but I was thinking of stopping off in S.F. somewhere on the way if I depart in time...

you mean Shidoobee's arent throwing a block party in Compton?
6th November 2006 02:55 PM
monkey_man FYI for all those who want to catch Van the Man tonight: He is going on at 6:45 sharp! I don't know why so early . . .must be a curfew, weeknight thing.
6th November 2006 03:00 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
FYI for all those who want to catch Van the Man tonight: He is going on at 6:45 sharp! I don't know why so early . . .must be a curfew, weeknight thing.

I beleive he's playing a full set, so he'll play until 730 or so, then The Stones, they may go on a bit earlier than usual, but I kinda doubt that...
6th November 2006 03:18 PM
Poplar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
you mean Shidoobee's arent throwing a block party in Compton?

not to be mean, but I'd kinda like to see that. ok that was mean.
[Edited by Poplar]
6th November 2006 03:21 PM
jb This will be tarped like Chicago?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)