ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Cardinals Stadium Phoenix, AZ - 8th November 2006
© Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The New Yorker Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th November 2006 11:59 AM
throbby They let me go after the Sunday show because I was too tall, too tan, and too manly to be a NY Stones fan.

I saw the hired hands on Wed. evening. Tall Eastern European blondes for the most part. Being able to converse in English was not a requirement. Some of the guys hired were totally over the top, a Johnny Depp look alike with a decided junky feel and others in assorted "costumes". It really makes me wonder who was responsible for the selections. If it was the Stones I feel quite ashamed by it all.
7th November 2006 12:01 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
They let me go after the Sunday show because I was too tall, too tan, and too manly to be a NY Stones fan.

I saw the hired hands on Wed. evening. Tall Eastern European blondes for the most part. Being able to converse in English was not a requirement. Some of the guys hired were totally over the top, a Johnny Depp look alike with a decided junky feel and others in assorted "costumes". It really makes me wonder who was responsible for the selections. If it was the Stones I feel quite ashamed by it all.

You at least deserved to be there as you are a great fan and nice looking man...I am embarrassed for the band.
7th November 2006 12:09 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
throbby wrote:
They let me go after the Sunday show because I was too tall, too tan, and too manly to be a NY Stones fan.

Yeah, I saw those guys too. One of 'em had on what looked to be a spiked Kaiser helmet. I gotta admit, they were awfully cute, BUT...you and Luxxy shoulda been in the front row...no bout adoubt it.
7th November 2006 12:09 PM
Saint Sway I liked the faux junkie models they put in the Love Is Strong video. Especially the one puking.
7th November 2006 12:12 PM
throbby jb wrote:
...I am embarrassed for the band.

...and they in turn are embarrassed of us.

The extras were asked to dress "hip" and "trendy" and to "act" excited while the Stones played songs that were 25 to 40 years old.

...a sad state of affairs indeed

7th November 2006 12:14 PM
jb They are embarrassed of us......and we are embarrassed of us.
7th November 2006 12:17 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
They are embarrassed of us......and we are embarrassed of us.

Speak for yourself.

I'm not embarrased by anyone, most of all MYSELF.

This obsession with good looks...it's so ridiculous.

Have we learned nothing from the Chicago fiasco...ie good looks does not necessarily mean good person, good intentions, good heart??

LJ.
7th November 2006 12:20 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:
They are embarrassed of us......and we are embarrassed of us.

Speak for yourself! I for one am NOT embarrassed of us.

LOL! LJ, great minds DO think alike!
Seriously, though, I've met a fine-looking bunch of folks on this tour. I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen with ANY of 'em (except for one who shall remain nameless). Period.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
7th November 2006 12:22 PM
chevysales and... we are NOT all shidoobee's damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i saw a post on shiddobee a week back where the poster said he gave this interview and took credit for telling the writer real fans of the stones are called shidoobee's.

wtf another shidoob noob
[Edited by chevysales]
7th November 2006 12:24 PM
throbby Easy now. A lot of good Shidoobee folk out there.
7th November 2006 12:26 PM
LadyJane
quote:
throbby wrote:
Easy now. A lot of good Shidoobee folk out there.

Yes there are!!!!

This thread is taking a nasty turn, no?

LJ.
7th November 2006 12:26 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
throbby wrote:

Yes. Many, MANY good Shidoobee folk out there.
7th November 2006 12:33 PM
concerned citizen
quote:
jb wrote:

Can you elaborate?

"concerned citizen wrote:

How many people here are sick to death of the summit spammers? It is unseemly.

I think they took that into account too, and only hired a handful of young shidoobee newbies. They have lurkers, and there is a reason why Rocks Off people were not called. Namely, the summit group."

How so? I think I said what needed to be said. I cannot go into detail about the process. I hope you understand.

7th November 2006 12:38 PM
chevysales
quote:
throbby wrote:

thats fine i have no problem with that and i agree but as i stated in a shiddobee post last week when i read about the interviewee saying all fans of the stones are called shidoobee's that's the part that pissed me off.

sorry if i didn't make myself clear in above post... especially as there nice fans everywhere... which is my point exactly.

the "shiddob noob" part you see was taken from a post above mine which i found humorous.

and i never meant this in a nasty way (no more so than the original poster/interviewee i spoke of saying what they did... now i could have taken it wrong if it was only the article but i read the post the guy put about about this article last week) and i will not be classified as anything but a fan of the rolling stones, plain and simple.

and you my friend never should have gotten the bump from the movie/dvd.

[Edited by chevysales]
7th November 2006 12:41 PM
Saint Sway maybe the requirement for the contest should of been that you have to provide 10 ticket stubs from shows you attended this tour
7th November 2006 12:42 PM
throbby concerned citizen wrote:

They have lurkers...

To all lurkers, the year is 2006, not 1976.
7th November 2006 01:14 PM
jb
quote:
concerned citizen wrote:

"concerned citizen wrote:

I think they took that into account too, and only hired a handful of young shidoobee newbies. They have lurkers, and there is a reason why Rocks Off people were not called. Namely, the summit group."

How so? I think I said what needed to be said. I cannot go into detail about the process. I hope you understand.

I am still not sure what this post is referring to....
7th November 2006 01:17 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
jb wrote:

WTF!!! Why??????
7th November 2006 01:19 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I clearly stated in my contest entry that I was very willing to flash my tits. Yet I never received a call back.

You too?!?!?!? Maybe too many of us wrote that.
7th November 2006 01:23 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:

nor i?

off to earn a living i go...
7th November 2006 01:25 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
jb wrote:

Josh, relax. The Beacon show was great. Lovin' Cup is one of those songs that's a little awkward live. It's a song you are just happy to have been there for.

The show on the whole was incredible. I can not be confused with the butt suckers in our community. I watched Keith closely as I always do and he was fantastic. So was Ronnie although the songs were not really show cases for lead guitar. Charlie was above and beyond anything I had ever seen and Mick was his usual self.

It was a dream set list. Literally the kind we here would post as a wish list. The execution was right there, too.

I feel terrible you missed out as I wanted to buy you a beer. But please don't lower yourself by trashing the Beacon shows as a result.

The filming I'm guessing is more Martin "The Gnome" Scorsese's making. Although the Stones could have told him to shove it up his miniature ass. But I'm thinking when you hire a guy like that, you just let him run with it. Whatever. The real fans were in the balcony.

7th November 2006 01:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
You too?!?!?!? Maybe too many of us wrote that.

in hindsight, it was probably the picture I sent of me flashing that cost me
7th November 2006 01:26 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Josh, relax. The Beacon show was great. Lovin' Cup is one of those songs that's a little awkward live. It's a song you are just happy to have been there for.

The show on the whole was incredible. I can not be confused with the butt suckers in our community. I watched Keith closely as I always do and he was fantastic. So was Ronnie although the songs were not really show cases for lead guitar. Charlie was above and beyond anything I had ever seen and Mick was his usual self.

It was a dream set list. Literally the kind we here would post as a wish list. The execution was right there, too.

I feel terrible you missed out as I wanted to buy you a beer. But please don't lower yourself by trashing the Beacon shows as a result.

The filming I'm guessing is more Martin "The Gnome" Scorsese's making. Although the Stones could have told him to shove it up his miniature ass. But I'm thinking when you hire a guy like that, you just let him run with it. Whatever. The real fans were in the balcony.

Dream on!
7th November 2006 01:37 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Dream on!

HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!
7th November 2006 01:45 PM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I am very happy for you...I am trashing the process more than the show....
7th November 2006 01:46 PM
jb
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

WTF!!! Why??????

funny!!!
7th November 2006 01:53 PM
Joey " I can not be confused with the butt suckers in our community. "

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
7th November 2006 02:21 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Joey wrote:
.. Did you watch the debates last night ?!?! Didn't John Kerry look " Commanding " and " Knowledgeable " ?!?!?! .....We got ourselves a winner THIS time

7th November 2006 02:28 PM
Deranged Citizen
quote:
concerned citizen wrote:

I think they took that into account too, and only hired a handful of young shidoobee newbies. They have lurkers, and there is a reason why Rock Off people were not called. Namely, the summit group.

I know crazy. And you sound like a loon. Would you like to share a padded cell with me?
7th November 2006 02:28 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

The Joey is on fire today

That's right old pal .

Tomorrow you shall KNEEL before the Joey !

" It is going to be so sweet Ronnie -- Fourteen Friggin YEARS in the wilderness "

Custard Shooter ! ™
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)