ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Cardinals Stadium Phoenix, AZ - 8th November 2006
© Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlie sighting in SF tonight! Return to archive
5th November 2006 11:53 PM
monkey_man http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm569.showMessage?topicID=36.topic

I don't have any complaints about The Stones postponing the show a day. Tonight tuesrubie and myself went to the Slanted Door at The Ferry Building in San Francisco for an early dinner. As we entered the lobby my sweetheart whispers "there's Charlie Watts". Sure enough there was Charlie leaving the dining area with a woman and a bodyguard.

As he walk two feet past us, the "awe-struck" took over. I got a big lump in my throat. I couldn't say a word. He looked right at us as we smiled. His guard smiled back acknowledging our awe-stuckness, with appreciation as we respected his right to privacy. He was wearing a black motorcycle coat looking ever so distinguished.

This made for quite a conversation for dinner as the full moon rose over the bay bridge while we ate our meal. It was a beautiful night in SF. We hope that Charlie was enjoying it too. Can't wait for tomorrow......
6th November 2006 12:03 AM
mojoman mick ate dinner at the slanted door back in 99 at its old address in the mission. one of the best and inexpensive restaurants.
6th November 2006 12:30 AM
Bingo Did you see Keith in The Tenderloin or 16th and Mission? :wink:
6th November 2006 12:43 AM
monkey_man
quote:
Bingo wrote:
Did you see Keith in The Tenderloin or 16th and Mission? :wink:

I think I almost hit him walking out in front of my car at 16th and South Van Ness! I saw Mick doing Karaoke at the Mint. . . I hope his voice is OK for tomorrow!
[Edited by monkey_man]
6th November 2006 12:44 AM
Bingo Near the Mission Hotel. LOL
6th November 2006 12:58 AM
Starbuck did you try the antique stores? i hear charlie goes there quite often.
6th November 2006 03:42 AM
pdog I drove like a maniac through the city tonight, no Stones were spotted!
I'm sure they'll be wandering the city tomorrow before they head to Oaklnd to play to 21k people!
6th November 2006 11:25 AM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:
I drove like a maniac through the city tonight, no Stones were spotted!
I'm sure they'll be wandering the city tomorrow before they head to Oaklnd to play to 21k people!

they only sold 21k for oakland stadium? shit thats a long way since four shows in 97. hope you have a good time at the show pdog. the full moon first nite on the november 97 run was a show i'll never forget.
6th November 2006 11:29 AM
WJ
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Sure enough there was Charlie leaving the dining area with a woman and a bodyguard.

Who was the woman?
6th November 2006 11:34 AM
Lethargy I'll be there at Oakland tonight. Hopefully it won't be too cold - we don't want another arthritic night for Keith. PDog - you still going? That's good. I thought maybe you would be refunding your tickets due to your recent experiences. Hope you enjoy it.

I can't help but think this will be my last Stones show.
6th November 2006 12:14 PM
monkey_man
quote:
WJ wrote:

Who was the woman?

Dunno. . .I grabbed the post from shidoobee.
6th November 2006 01:51 PM
Lethargy
quote:
WJ wrote:

Who was the woman?

Does Shirley tour with these guys like some of the other stones ladies?
6th November 2006 01:55 PM
WJ
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Does Shirley tour with these guys like some of the other stones ladies?

I heard she prefers to stay at home; which is why I was wondering who the woman was.

Does he really need a bodyguard to go to dinner?
6th November 2006 03:17 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Bingo wrote:
Did you see Keith in The Tenderloin or 16th and Mission? :wink:

Yeah, he was"just trying to score".
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)