ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Cardinals Stadium Phoenix, AZ - 8th November 2006
© Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Loving Cup with Jack White on YouTube Return to archive
5th November 2006 12:58 PM
quackenbush This is a short clip I found on YouTube.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQfqMcv74iQ
5th November 2006 01:12 PM
The_Worst PHAT BEACH!!!!

GREAT STUFF!!!!
5th November 2006 01:12 PM
Straycat87 short, but good ! Thanks for the info !
6th November 2006 11:40 AM
F505 Not bad but the clip stops at the moment the song becomes exciting!
6th November 2006 11:53 AM
Boogie-Woogie does anybody know if the loving cup video from the montreux reh. 1972 is playback or live ?

i think micks singing is live but sometimes the guitarparts dont fit or have i something on my eyes ?
6th November 2006 12:23 PM
jb Not good!!!
6th November 2006 12:24 PM
Some Guy It does not move me.
6th November 2006 12:24 PM
The Wick It's great that they got him and I pray that he produces the next album- if there is one- but this was a pretty boring version. The song can and should be so much more exciting. Don't mean to be picky but he also has that Yankee trying to sing Southern thing going on where it gets nasal. Sort of like Keith on Say it's Not You where it sounds a tad embarassing. One of the remarkable things about Mick is that although it's not perfect, he has never really got nasal when he does it.
[Edited by The Wick]
6th November 2006 12:26 PM
jb Really disappointing and lacks any of the emotion as on the album version...weak guitars as well...overrated performance report by those attending Beacon ..... not as "special" as we had hoped.

[Edited by jb]
6th November 2006 12:27 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
The Wick wrote:
It's great that they got him and I pray that he produces the next album- if there is one- but this was a pretty boring version. The song can and should be so much more exciting. Don't want to be picky but he also has that Yankee trying to sing Southern thing going on where it gets nasal. Sort of like Keith on Say it's Not You where it sounds a tad embarassing. One of the remarkable things about Mick is that although it's not perfect, he has never really got nasal when he does it.

Are you sure you don't want to be picky?
6th November 2006 12:30 PM
The Wick
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Are you sure you don't want to be picky?

Nice one. I changed it for you Mr. Lawyer Man.
6th November 2006 12:34 PM
Saint Sway the tempo changes make this one a bit tricky to play live. Stones never seem to be able to pull it off correctly. Chuck dropped the ball on this one and they sound awkward. Always a bit of a mess. Just never works. They should stop trying to get it right live and strictly leave this one to the Black Crowes.
6th November 2006 12:58 PM
jb It's called not having MT on guitar...the man owned this song..
6th November 2006 02:06 PM
F505 A lot of grouching in this thread!
6th November 2006 02:31 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
A lot of grouching in this thread!

We're stones fans,,,,old bitter fucks who love getting abused by this band time and time again...
6th November 2006 02:46 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
jb wrote:
It's called not having MT on guitar...the man owned this song..

How so?
6th November 2006 06:08 PM
Soldatti It worked better in 2002, Cleveland's version is the best.
6th November 2006 06:22 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
It worked better in 2002, Cleveland's version is the best.

Ask KW2?
6th November 2006 09:24 PM
mrhipfl Jack White was at the loving cup?? When was this?
6th November 2006 11:49 PM
MP Weeeelll....personally....speaking, that is....I liked it. So sue me.....
7th November 2006 06:47 AM
Steel Wheels What a suck ass version. Jack White has no business on this song - my favorite Stones song. It's weak, and Jack sings the lines I want to hear from Mick.

This joins the Dave Matthews fiasco as yet another song ruined.

Thanks Mick, for once again fucking me over. No more guest spots, please. Sing your songs. I would have BOOOOED this performance, especially if I paid $500 bucks a ticket.

Oh, that's right. For some reason Beacon tickets went for 50 bucks or so. Thanks again Mick.
7th November 2006 07:17 AM
Mel Belli I liked it.
7th November 2006 07:22 AM
Flairville It seems fine to me, I'd prefer it if it were only Mick singing.
7th November 2006 10:39 AM
jb This was really bad....not real emotion and a complte lack of rhythm/tempo.
7th November 2006 01:22 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
jb wrote:
This was really bad....not real emotion and a complte lack of rhythm/tempo.

WTF? Why???? Why???????
7th November 2006 03:02 PM
Chuck execrable
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)