ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Cardinals Stadium Phoenix, AZ - 8th November 2006
© Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: (NSC) The Who Last Night And A Concert First For Me Return to archive
5th November 2006 11:01 AM
Dan
I saw the inside of the Hollywood Bowl restroom for the first time ever last night!

Actually I wandered almost every inch of the lower half of the Bowl. I have always complained about the sound there but during the course of the evening I found a few places where it sounded alright. It was a lot of fun.

I went to an art gallery showing of old punk rock photos earlier tonight (See LA Weekly cover story). I thought maybe I would just watch the bands there on a stage a few feet away from the open bar. A Ramones tribute band was playing. The setlist was already taped to the stage and looked like a great show. But I already had a few drinks, looked at all the pictures 3 times, talked to some of my friends and got bored. It was also getting really crowded. It was almost 8:00.

So I went down the street to the Hollywood Bowl where the Who was playing. Within a few minutes I scored a ticket for $10 and went inside. I don't even know if it was a good seat because I never saw it.

I wandered all over the place and even found a place almost to the men's room where you can see the video screen really good and hear it almost loud but just can't see the stage. It was like seeing The Who at the Drive In.

During the mini opera I crashed through some bushes into the lower section. Told the usher who popped me I wanted to see where my Aerosmith seat is on Tuesday.

During the encore I darted into the terrace section and by the end of the show I was almost to the edge of the pool circle but I was never able to make it all the way to the front. But finally I experienced decent sound and volume at the Bowl as I got closer. I got a good look at the stage and band too.

They played new songs which were alright. Early in the show Pete introduced the band and pointed out that keyboard player John "Rabbit" Bundrick is off tending to his ailing wife.

It's also a relief knowing the show is being archived and sold almost immedietly in DVD format so I know I will end up seeing it all one way or the other.

Highlight of the show was "Eminence Front." I had a lot of fun and it was cheaper than going to see The Departed down the street. Buyer's market for sure if anyone is thinking of going tonight. Last night was more like a reconnaisance mission for me so I might go again tonight, stay still and try to enjoy the show.
5th November 2006 01:41 PM
gimmekeef Fear and Loathing at The Who?
5th November 2006 04:43 PM
Joey " Highlight of the show was "Eminence Front." I had a lot of fun and it was cheaper than going to see The Departed down the street. Buyer's market for sure if anyone is thinking of going tonight. Last night was more like a reconnaisance mission for me so I might go again tonight, stay still and try to enjoy the show. "

I like this story .

Enjoy the show this evening --- BEST WHO YET

JJJJJJJJJJJACKY BOY !!!
5th November 2006 07:19 PM
Homercles Who's filling in for Rabbit?
[Edited by Homercles]
6th November 2006 10:36 AM
Joey " Who's filling in for Rabbit? "

6th November 2006 11:15 AM
Dan
quote:
Homercles wrote:
Who's filling in for Rabbit?

His keyboard tech. Pete said he jumped in without any rehearsals. I did it again last night, once again $10 this time I took it a little slower. They played "Substitute." "Black Widow Eyes" is a great song too.
6th November 2006 11:17 AM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:

His keyboard tech. Pete said he jumped in without any rehearsals. I did it again last night, once again $10 this time I took it a little slower. They played "Substitute." "Black Widow Eyes" is a great song too.

Cool !

You are much loved .....I admire your ' spunk '
6th November 2006 12:01 PM
Saint Sway great story Dan. You are the Jack Bauer of concert crashing.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)