ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Cardinals Stadium Phoenix, AZ - 8th November 2006
© Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan theatre show in NY presale Return to archive
4th November 2006 07:43 AM
Bitch I used this link to buy a presale theatre show ticket for Nov 20 in NYC! Password is fiorello. In case anyone wants to get into this before the public sale on Nov 10th.

http://my.execpc.com/~billp61/dates.html

4th November 2006 09:51 AM
GotToRollMe I'm in, Bitch! See ya there!

Here's the link I used with the "fiorello" password:

http://bobdylan.com/moderntimes/tour/main.html

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
4th November 2006 10:07 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
F505 wrote:

Don't complain you haven't been warned!

Moi? Complain?
4th November 2006 10:17 AM
F505 Sorry I thought you were talking about the musical!!!!
4th November 2006 10:24 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
F505 wrote:
Sorry I thought you were talking about the musical!!!!

Oh, HELL no, they'd have to pay ME to go see that!
4th November 2006 01:46 PM
Bitch New York City Center's History

New York City Center, with its unique neo-Moorish facade, was built in 1923 as a meeting hall for the members of the Ancient Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine. After it had reverted to City ownership, the building was saved from destruction by Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia and City Council President Newbold Morris, who created Manhattan's first performing arts center: a 2,750-seat New York home for the best of theater, music, and dance.

On December 11, 1943, City Center officially opened its doors with a special concert by the New York Philharmonic; LaGuardia himself took the baton to conduct the national anthem. New York City Opera and New York City Ballet were both created at City Center. Leopold Stokowski and Leonard Bernstein led the New York City Symphony. Legendary actors gave legendary performances – from Paul Robeson in Othello to Tallulah Bankhead in A Streetcar Named Desire. Jose Ferrer then Maurice Evans served as director of the City Center Drama Company. Jean Dalrymple brought to the City Center stage one after another revivals of the hit musicals of the 1940's and 1950's. City Center quickly became a cultural haven for New Yorkers: an affordable – and fun – complement to the Broadway theater, Carnegie Hall, and the Metropolitan Opera House.

In the mid-'70s, with the opera and ballet moving to Lincoln Center and the building underused, City Center was again slated for demolition. Under the leadership of chairman Howard M. Squadron, the theater was re-dedicated as New York's premiere home for dance and was given landmark status. The City Center 55th Street Theater Foundation was formed to manage the complex and ensure its survival as a performing arts center.

Today, New York City Center provides special services (significant rental underwriting, ticketing, production/technical help, marketing assistance) to the many companies that perform here, annually including Alvin Ailey® American Dance Theater, Paul Taylor Dance Company, and American Ballet Theatre. City Center presents (events such as Rob Fisher and The Coffee Club Orchestra), co-presents, and commercially rents the Mainstage theater, and is the long-time home for the Manhattan Theatre Club, with its full season of plays and "Writers in Performance" series in City Center's Stage I and Stage II theaters.

The jewel in City Center's producing crown is New York City Center's Encores!® Great American Musicals in Concert, introduced in 1994 to critical and audience acclaim. It has successfully brought a new audience into this theater – and kept them here, with an annual subscription renewal rate over 95% – who are encouraged to cross over and enjoy other programming at the same venue. Consistently attracting the best of reigning entertainment talent and discovering the stars of the future, City Center Encores! has garnered a fistful of awards, including the 2000 Tony® Honor for Excellence in Theatre, the Lucille Lortel, and the Outer Critics Circle. When the 1996 Encores! version of Chicago (Bebe Neuwirth, Ann Reinking, James Naughton) was remounted on Broadway it received six Tony awards, the most ever given to a musical revival.

Committed since its founding to be an educational resource for the diverse New York community, New York City Center has long offered opportunities for students and teachers. For over ten years, New York City Center's Young People's Dance Series has brought professional artists into public schools; brought their students into the Mainstage theater experience; and brought the creativity, discipline, and excitement of the music and movement into the schools' core curricula. This renowned effort, nationally recognized in 1999 by the President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities, has been expanded into workshops, musical theater components, and teacher education programs, and today reaches out to educate and enlighten both young and general audiences.

For 60 years, New York City Center has hosted some of America's and the world's most amazing performers and productions. Each season unveils exciting new developments. With each word, with each step, with each note from its glorious stage, New York City Center is proud to bring to life Mayor LaGuardia's dream of a home for the arts and its audience.

4th November 2006 02:40 PM
Paranoid_Android Wow!!! As a child, (7-11yo), I performed at NYCC many times...in various ways...I mean plays...Imagine...me & Zimmy on the same stage only 32 yrs apart!!!
6th November 2006 08:26 AM
Bitch Paranoid A are you going to the theatre show?
6th November 2006 10:37 AM
Saint Sway YGTRM,
I'm not seeing a number of tix to select on the sale page. Anyone know if this pre-sale sold out?
6th November 2006 10:41 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Paranoid A are you going to the theatre show?

No Bitch, I am not...wish I could...I am already bowing out of his Nov 17th gig here in DC...you know why...
6th November 2006 11:18 PM
Bitch Saint Sway you are right, it isnt allowing tix numbers so maybe the presales are gone. Public sale is Nov 10th maybe more tickets will be released then.
7th November 2006 12:54 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
YGTRM,
I'm not seeing a number of tix to select on the sale page. Anyone know if this pre-sale sold out?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is already sold out. Tickets were going fast on the morning of the presale, and when I checked back that evening, there were only upper balcony seats left.
7th November 2006 11:35 AM
Saint Sway looks like I may be getting hooked up with a freebie to this... hopefully...

As Joey says: developing...
7th November 2006 11:48 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
looks like I may be getting hooked up with a freebie to this... hopefully...

As Joey says: developing...

Nice! Ya can't beat free! Free is my favorite kind of ticket!
7th November 2006 12:07 PM
Martha Wish I could get there! Lucky dawgs!

xxoo,
Martha
7th November 2006 08:10 PM
GotToRollMe Just got an email from bobdylan.com:

Last Chance for New York City Center Tickets!

The pre-sale sold out in a heartbeat. So for those who missed it we are making a limited number of tickets available for sale to the general public.

Here's your last chance for tickets to the last show on the fall tour at the intimate City Center.

New York City Center
7:00 PM Doors, 8:00 PM Show
On-sale: Friday, November 10 @ 10AM(EST)

CLICK HERE to buy tickets at bobdylan.com
----------------------------------------------
This is the link provided:
http://www.bobdylan.com/moderntimes/tour/main.html
So I guess they held a few seats back for Friday's public sale. Good luck.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)