ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Cardinals Stadium Phoenix, AZ - 8th November 2006
© Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MTV European Music Awards (NSC) Return to archive
3rd November 2006 03:19 AM
FotiniD Apart from the Killers and Muse (who were both superb imo, especially Muse), what a complete waste of time, money and effort that was. The night had no rhythm whatsoever, Justin was quite ridiculous as a host at times, the guests presenting the awards were in a huge percent mediocre calibre "stars", no excitement, no surprises, no "event" atmosphere. Nothing.

We watched it with my sister for about an hour and some minutes and then switched to the local adaptation of Survivor. It was THAT bad.

There was a time when MTV was actually relevant, big bands were called in to play at the awards, lovely stages, things happening when you didn't expect them and good music. There really was. Even when it promoted all the silly pop stuff, even THAT had some quality in it. And I've had it with hip hop and all those rich, alienated bastards who want to come off as the common guys from Bronx, for crying out loud, while living in huge villas and arriving with dark shaded luxury cars. They're as close to those people as Paris is to Grace Kelly.
3rd November 2006 07:03 AM
egon was christina there?
3rd November 2006 07:05 AM
FotiniD
quote:
egon wrote:
was christina there?

When I saw her name in the nominees I told my sister she would never make it to the show, as she was in NYC... "singing" the previous night... amongst other things

She did get an award and had a video speech saying her thank you's.
3rd November 2006 07:12 AM
egon she's very talented.... or so people say.
3rd November 2006 08:01 AM
Honky Tonk Man Did The Killers win anything? Sam's Town is fantastic.
3rd November 2006 08:19 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Did The Killers win anything? Sam's Town is fantastic.

yes..they did

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6109030.stm
3rd November 2006 08:46 AM
gimmekeef But wait!..there was some HUGEEEEEEEE Backstage drama:.LOL

Kanye a sore loser at MTV Awards

Kanye West appears backstage at the MTV Europe music awards in Copenhagen, Denmark Thursday Nov. 2, 2006 (AP Photo/John McConnico)

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) - Rap star Kanye West was named Best Hip Hop artist but still came off as a sore loser at the MTV Europe Music Awards.

West apparently was so disappointed at not winning for Best Video that he crashed the stage Thursday in Copenhagen when the award was being presented to Justice and Simian for "We Are Your Friends." In a tirade riddled with expletives, West said he should have won the prize for his video "Touch The Sky," because it "cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it. I was jumping across canyons."

"If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility," West said.

The rapper grabbed the Best Hip Hop award earlier in the night in a star-studded event hosted by Justin Timberlake in the Danish capital.

3rd November 2006 02:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The winners

Best Male: Justin Timberlake
Best Group: Depeche Mode
Best Hip Hop Act: Kanye West
Best Song: Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
Best Pop Act: Justin Timberlake
Best Female: Christina Aguilera
Best Rock Act: The Killers
Best Alternative Act: Muse
Best R&B Act: Rihanna
Best Album: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
Best Video: Justice Vs Simian - We Are Your Friends
Best UK & Ireland Act: The Kooks

3rd November 2006 07:01 PM
BONOISLOVE "If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility"

Well, buddy, If I don't show up, the awards show doesn't matter at all.
4th November 2006 05:26 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The winners

Best Rock Act: The Killers

LOL!!!
4th November 2006 08:21 AM
speedfreakjive that shoulda been Arctic Monkeys
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)