ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Cardinals Stadium Phoenix, AZ - 8th November 2006
© Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 18: Tracklisting Confirmed Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
1st November 2006 12:11 PM
Honky Tonk Man 'Beautiful Day'
'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For'
'Pride (In The Name Of Love)'
'With Or Without You'
'Vertigo'
'New Year's Day'
'Mysterious Ways'
'Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of'
'Where The Streets Have No Name'
'Sweetest Thing'
'Sunday Bloody Sunday'
'One'
'Desire'
'Walk On'
'Elevation'
'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own'
'The Saints Are Coming'
'New song title TBC'

--------------------------------------------------------

I started a thread about this compilation over on the Tell Me board. So, is this all the hits?
1st November 2006 12:12 PM
pdog I just read U2 is in the studio with Rick Rubin...
1st November 2006 12:13 PM
voodoopug This looks dreadful. Even with the recent cancelations of the Stones shows, there is no need for us to start supporting U2.
jb I hate them so much...
WattsAtScotts I'd take Jack White over Rick at this point
1st November 2006 05:40 PM
Poison Dart Huey Lewis rocks harder than U2. They are rock for soccer moms.
[Edited by Poison Dart]
1st November 2006 05:55 PM
maumau support a band for the next - poorly tracklisted - greatest hits? dont think so, U" passed away long ago and surprisingly earlier than the stones

of course if the stones would come out with a comparable collection we would hate that and pour it over this board
1st November 2006 05:59 PM
Nellcote Cohl has had an effect on them, they are releasing compilations like The Stones.
Got Milk?
1st November 2006 06:45 PM
Soldatti Almost nothing from the 90's on the tracklist.
1st November 2006 08:03 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Almost nothing from the 90's on the tracklist.

True...I would rather listen to Discotech...Numb...Zooropa...Lemon, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill me than to about half the songs on this "compilation"...those were all hits for them
1st November 2006 08:22 PM
Soldatti 4 songs from ATYCLB its too much, the album sold like crazy but 2 songs is enough.
1st November 2006 08:23 PM
PeerQueer [quote]Honky Tonk Man wrote:
'Beautiful Day'
'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For'
'Pride (In The Name Of Love)'
'With Or Without You'
'Vertigo'
'New Year's Day'
'Mysterious Ways'
'Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of'
'Where The Streets Have No Name'
'Sweetest Thing'
'Sunday Bloody Sunday'
'One'
'Desire'
'Walk On'
'Elevation'
'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own'
'The Saints Are Coming'
'New song title TBC'

--------------------------------------------------------

Reasonable list from a quality band who hopefully can refocus a bit on the music and away from Bono's need to save the world. I prefered when he concentrated on the need to simply save himself , which is far more relatable to me.

Going on their 3rd decade now, with quality output for the vast majority of that time.

I respect that.

Always remember - the Irish invented America...
1st November 2006 08:42 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
I prefered when he concentrated on the need to simply save himself , which is far more relatable to me.

I only save the world in my spare time. That's why I've gained a few pounds: I've no time to go to the gymnasium!

But, it's like that old saying: "the more there is, the lovelier".
1st November 2006 08:50 PM
pdog
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Always remember - the Irish invented America...

And were invaded and raped by Vikings...
I'm not sure what this says, but it's goota show in our attitude, no?
1st November 2006 08:57 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
pdog wrote:

And were invaded and raped by Vikings...
I'm not sure what this says, but it's goota show in our attitude, no?

__________-

The Irish were messed with by a great many - though we turned the Vikings back, and earned quite a reputation as a tough n unruly lot, who even the Scots considered too unpredictable for comfort. (though I share both bloodlines as a proud son of Ulster, so I like to think I enjoy the benefits of both sides of the Scotch-Irish coin...)

Ireland now enjoys one of the most prosperous economies in the world - far better per capita than England. That has to bother the Brits just a wee bit...

1st November 2006 09:20 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:

I only save the world in my spare time. That's why I've gained a few pounds: I've no time to go to the gymnasium!

But, it's like that old saying: "the more there is, the lovelier".

Funny!
1st November 2006 10:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Cohl has had an effect on them, they are releasing compilations like The Stones.
Got Milk?

Just wait until U2 releases "Rarities"!!
1st November 2006 10:33 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Just wait until U2 releases "Rarities"!!

They already did a few years back.
1st November 2006 10:52 PM
Egbert Where's Gloria? That's always been one of my favorites of theirs. I Will Follow should be there as well.

[Edited by Egbert]
2nd November 2006 12:28 AM
StarvinMarvin
quote:
Egbert wrote:
Where's Gloria? That's always been one of my favorites of theirs. I Will Follow should be there as well.

[Edited by Egbert]

Those tunes aren't there because this is a "greatest hits" compilation - not a "best of." It appears as though songs were selected based on chart success, concert audience response, and current casual fan reaction. That's why a gimmicky song like 'Elevation' (or the new collaboration with Green Day) makes the list, while fan faves such as 'I Will Follow, 'Gloria, ' Bad,' Angel Of Harlem,' 'Even Better Than The Real Thing,' 'The Fly,' 'Stay,' 'Hold me Thrill Me,' and 'Staring At The Sun' do not make the cut. It's still a good slection of songs overall - even if they're not my faves.
2nd November 2006 06:31 AM
corgi37 u2 are not in the studio, they are in Queenland, Australia, preparing for the cancelled dates from earlier this year when the Edge's daughter was ill. They arrived 2 days ago. Kanye West is support.

Robbie Williams arrives in a week or two for his final shows of his world tour.

And Jagger looks very likely to attend the Ashes. Whether he brings his date, Charlie, is under consideration.

And Wolfmother picked up a swag of Oz music awards. And, a host on a kiddies music vid show whipped out his cock, and simulated masturbating into a award cup at the same show. He said it was to impress Johnny Knoxville, who was in the audience.

He got sacked yesterday.

And thats about it from Oz.

[Edited by corgi37]
2nd November 2006 10:43 AM
voodoopug
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:

Those tunes aren't there because this is a "greatest hits" compilation - not a "best of." It appears as though songs were selected based on chart success, concert audience response, and current casual fan reaction. That's why a gimmicky song like 'Elevation' (or the new collaboration with Green Day) makes the list, while fan faves such as 'I Will Follow, 'Gloria, ' Bad,' Angel Of Harlem,' 'Even Better Than The Real Thing,' 'The Fly,' 'Stay,' 'Hold me Thrill Me,' and 'Staring At The Sun' do not make the cut. It's still a good slection of songs overall - even if they're not my faves.

I just vomited in my mouth and had to swallow it back down seeing the amount of interest in a U2 thread on this board. Let's go back to bitching about the Stones or Tele or anything else. Emotions are far too high to handle "Almighty Bono and friends"
2nd November 2006 10:45 AM
glencar
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
u2 are not in the studio, they are in Queenland, Australia, preparing for the cancelled dates from earlier this year when the Edge's daughter was ill. They arrived 2 days ago. Kanye West is support.

Robbie Williams arrives in a week or two for his final shows of his world tour.

And Jagger looks very likely to attend the Ashes. Whether he brings his date, Charlie, is under consideration.

And Wolfmother picked up a swag of Oz music awards. And, a host on a kiddies music vid show whipped out his cock, and simulated masturbating into a award cup at the same show. He said it was to impress Johnny Knoxville, who was in the audience.

He got sacked yesterday.

And thats about it from Oz.

[Edited by corgi37]

One of our lesser comics dressed up as Steve Irwin for Halloween, complete with barb sticing out of his chest.
2nd November 2006 10:46 AM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I just vomited in my mouth and had to swallow it back down seeing the amount of interest in a U2 thread on this board. Let's go back to bitching about the Stones or Tele or anything else. Emotions are far too high to handle "Almighty Bono and friends"

U2 has had many more hitz than Tele. Get over it, already. U2 rocks!
2nd November 2006 10:50 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
U2 has had many more hitz than Tele. Get over it, already. U2 rocks!

thats not really raising the bar to an acceptable standard. Until Tele clears his name here, I don't think many see him as a "hit".

I, myself, and waiting to reserve judgement on the man until he speaks for himself.
2nd November 2006 11:04 AM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

thats not really raising the bar to an acceptable standard. Until Tele clears his name here, I don't think many see him as a "hit".

I, myself, and waiting to reserve judgement on the man until he speaks for himself.

Well, my point was more about U2. Tele has disappointed us all. U2 has not.
2nd November 2006 05:14 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

One day, YOU (2), funny-looking-dog fan, shall: SEE THE LIGHT

2nd November 2006 05:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot >U2 rocks!<

Hmmmm. Well U2 does something, but I wouldn't call it "rocks". Just like I don't think ABB "rocks". It's something else altogether. Maybe it's "rock" for the business casual slacks and mini-van set.

If U2, and ABB "rock" for you...that's great, and I have no problems with it. I just think we have 2 different definitions for what that means. I just don't like it when your "rock" gets lumped in with my "rock"...it waters my "rock" down. Guess there's really not much I can do about it though...
2nd November 2006 07:14 PM
Soldatti
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:

One day, YOU (2), funny-looking-dog fan, shall: SEE THE LIGHT

3rd November 2006 12:05 AM
StarvinMarvin "Watered down," my ass!! I prefer the Stones, but U2 are a great band. Basically, the way I see it, The Stones are a rock band built on the blues template. U2 are an entirely different rock band, from a uniquely Irish background (remember - the American blues is partly BASED on elements of traditional Irish music). If you do not respect U2, you are a fool. They've been doing this for thirty years now (yes, they formed back in 1976), and the fact that they've remained relevant for as long as they've had speaks volumes about their worth. And let me tell you, I've never experienced anything as euphoric as U2 doing Where The Streets Have No Name in an arena setting at any Stones concert I've seen. Look at it this way, U2 has managed to remain relevant and very good farlonger than the Stones did. U2 is much bigger and better in 2006 than the Stones were back in 1989 )which was when the band were celebrating their twenty five year anniversary.
[Edited by StarvinMarvin]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)