ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Cardinals Stadium Phoenix, AZ - 8th November 2006
© Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Strong Rumor From RS.com - re : LA and Honolulu Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th October 2006 09:08 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
I know the aloha stadium took a bit of damage in the earthquake...U2 had to postpone their show till Dec 9, ( I think its a 3 week delay)

are you sure..? the earthquake was on a completely different island...

quote:
Gazza wrote:

the 'rumour' was on their message board. Rs.com dont even provide their members with news, let alone rumours! Maybe if they charge $200 a year, it might be reasonable to expect something that trivial!

LA is postponed to 22nd November. Hawaii will be cancelled. Despite the fact theyre still (shamefully) advertising tickets on sale for this show, its not going to happen.

wow - you speak in absolutes - these are pretty much the facts, huh..?

on the bright side, my hope for a LA club gig is still alive...
30th October 2006 09:21 PM
pdog
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

Unless it is postponed!
30th October 2006 09:28 PM
Bitch pdog, some serious sour grapes you got there friend. spit em out and clean your pallet if you plan on attending another Stones show. You need another show, if you let the tour end this way you will be bitter forever, and thats too long. IMO.
30th October 2006 09:33 PM
pdog
quote:
Bitch wrote:
pdog, some serious sour grapes you got there friend. spit em out and clean your pallet if you plan on attending another Stones show. You need another show, if you let the tour end this way you will be bitter forever, and thats too long. IMO.

Just a shot of reality... I got a ticket for Oakland, if plans come together with She Rat Poplar, maybes with T&A and MonkeyMan, I'll go, to hang out with friends I've made. Stones Inc. sour grapes, that taste don't wash away to well, and i don't want it again. So by my own dumb or decision luck, I go to one more show. I am curious now, how I'll feel after the show! During it too!
30th October 2006 11:19 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

are you sure..? the earthquake was on a completely different island...

My co-worker's daughter is a big U2 fan and goes to UH...I got my info from her...what the hell do I know?!?

BTW...Kanye West will be opening up for U2 in Nov 2006
30th October 2006 11:22 PM
pdog I have a very strong feeling, based on everything I've heard, Haiwaii is not going to happen!
3rd November 2006 07:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

Bjornulf on IORR is now saying that - even at this late stage - it appears that the Stones may well play an arena show in San Diego on November 20th at the ipayone Arena (formely the Sports Arena).

Seems quite bizarre that they would think of announcing a show this late and then give themselves no more than two weeks to sell the 12,000 tickets for it - but if thats the case, then any hopes for a theatre show in California would appear to have gone tits-up....
3rd November 2006 08:50 AM
mac_daddy argh!

it's a second show, nonetheless...

but i really wanted a club gig, and thought it a natural 'cos of the hollywood heavies that would be there...

3rd November 2006 09:08 AM
Jumping Jack So what happens to the Radio Shack GRAND PRIZE? More fraud and just cancel the contest?
3rd November 2006 10:50 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

ld appear to have gone tits-up....

I like tits-up
3rd November 2006 11:55 AM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Bjornulf on IORR is now saying that - even at this late stage - it appears that the Stones may well play an arena show in San Diego on November 20th at the ipayone Arena (formely the Sports Arena).

Seems quite bizarre that they would think of announcing a show this late and then give themselves no more than two weeks to sell the 12,000 tickets for it - but if thats the case, then any hopes for a theatre show in California would appear to have gone tits-up....

They could have it done it on the Licks tour as it was a fast seller. It might be possible. I love that arena, bad sound but a great old vibe. But DAMN I am going to see GWAR that night! Oh well.
3rd November 2006 12:02 PM
glencar Howe fitting that one of their last USA shows would be at the "ipayone" arena.
3rd November 2006 01:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Howe fitting that one of their last USA shows would be at the "ipayone" arena.

perfect!
3rd November 2006 01:09 PM
pdog I will be working hard, to convince myself SF is going to get a surprise club gig!
3rd November 2006 01:13 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:
I got a ticket for Oakland, if plans come together with She Rat Poplar, maybes with T&A and MonkeyMan,

You got another ticket or is it your original ticket? Sai Wong ask how much you pay?
3rd November 2006 01:15 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

You got another ticket or is it your original ticket? Sai Wong ask how much you pay?

I think I posted that before the refund and postponing...
I do not have a ticket, and I'm hoping the powers that be, my charm and good karma bless me with something...
Ya know what I mean?
This week has flown by...
3rd November 2006 01:19 PM
monkey_man Yes a week ago we were sitting in the rain in NJ and now we sit in the rain in California. . . .Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
[Edited by monkey_man]
3rd November 2006 01:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Howe fitting that one of their last USA shows would be at the "ipayone" arena.

I've been told that it'll be renamed the "Ipaythroughthefuckingnose Arena" just for the occasion!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)