ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Cardinals Stadium Phoenix, AZ - 8th November 2006
© Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Strong Rumor From RS.com - re : LA and Honolulu Return to archive Page: 1 2
28th October 2006 11:07 PM
Cocaine Eyes LA will be pushed back. Hawaii is canceled.
28th October 2006 11:09 PM
pdog
quote:
Cocaine Eyes wrote:
LA will be pushed back. Hawaii is canceled.

Stonesdoug mentioned LA being moved. I'm not surprised about Hawaii! I hope they cancel Oakland...
28th October 2006 11:51 PM
Dan I hope they cancel L.A. Being the last show of the tour would be irresistable but it would piss off my family if I didn't show up Wed night (being no Metrolink to Palmdale on Thursday)
29th October 2006 06:54 AM
Taptrick
Palmdale:

30th October 2006 07:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
Cocaine Eyes wrote:
LA will be pushed back. Hawaii is canceled.

Bjornulf on IORR is now saying the same
http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,563709,565029

I believe LA may take place on the 22nd. Leaves time in between AC on the 17th for a rumoured theatre show in LA. Seems implausible there would be a 5-day gap between the penultimate show and the last one, unless they are lining up more "Hollywood style" work.

Looks like Honolulu wont happen. Guess they dont want to cart their equipment all that way for a slow selling finale. Nice idea to punish the fans who bought tickets (and airfare etc) because of a few thousand who werent interested because they misjudged the market
30th October 2006 09:31 AM
marko
Looks like Honolulu wont happen. Guess they dont want to cart their equipment all that way for a slow selling finale. Nice idea to punish the fans who bought tickets (and airfare etc) because of a few thousand who werent interested because they misjudged the market

well mate,what else is new?
30th October 2006 09:46 AM
Joey
quote:
marko wrote:

well mate,what else is new?

Good Morning Baby Marko ....

Baby Joe
30th October 2006 01:45 PM
Cocaine Eyes BV's message is no longer there. I just clicked and it's gone.
30th October 2006 01:58 PM
Paranoid_Android I know the aloha stadium took a bit of damage in the earthquake...U2 had to postpone their show till Dec 9, ( I think its a 3 week delay)
30th October 2006 02:02 PM
Paranoid_Android I dont see anything about these "strong rumouors" in RS.com...the tour dates are intact...the last press release is from El Dijeho cancelling in Spain...there hasn't been an update since...not that i doubt any of this...
30th October 2006 02:04 PM
Joey
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
I dont see anything about these "strong rumouors" in RS.com...the tour dates are intact...the last press release is from El Dijeho cancelling in Spain...there hasn't been an update since...not that i doubt any of this...

The cancellation of a Rolling Stones Concert is Heartbreaking ........ HEARTBREAKING !

Joe Sea
30th October 2006 02:38 PM
Saint Sway Christ! Whats the official tally for cancelled shows this tour?? Its gotta be some kind of record.
30th October 2006 02:41 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Christ! Whats the official tally for cancelled shows this tour?? Its gotta be some kind of record.

That'll be the next email we get from rs.com

Get your limited edition Tee shirt listing all cancelled shows at the low price of 39.95!

LJ.

Sway..I'm SO sorry I didn't get to meet you. Dammit. I was drunk and passed out by midnight.
30th October 2006 03:08 PM
Joey " That'll be the next email we get from rs.com

Get your limited edition Tee shirt listing all cancelled shows at the low price of 39.95! "

Funny !!!!!

L.J. ... you are on FIRE Today .

Damn , you are at your best all riled up and feisty .

Joey

30th October 2006 03:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Get your limited edition Tee shirt listing all cancelled shows at the low price of 39.95!

Ha! LOL! The "Passport Collection"! Get all 18 Limited Edition t-shirts with the classic Stones tongue and Cough Drop logo on the front. And on the back the words "cancelled" stamped over a cracked coconut

quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Sway..I'm SO sorry I didn't get to meet you. Dammit. I was drunk and passed out by midnight.

no biggie. I'll see you on the 17th! Glad you're gonna go back

30th October 2006 03:22 PM
LadyJane Thanks, Joeykins.

Yeah....this redhead HAS a temper.

Kins...did I mention your name came up OFTEN at the AC Summit???

Sway...you SHALL be greeted.

I'm feeling better.....the list appears to be growing of those returning.

LJ
SaintSway
Glencar
chevysales
Nanky
TomL
jaggergrrl
GotToRollMe
Steel Wheels.

Maybe more....

LJ.
30th October 2006 03:29 PM
Poplar
I was pumped for LA, had a sweet hotel lined up.
If that date moves (at all) I'll have to cancel.
wish they would suck it up and play two nights in a row in stead of spreading further misery after the plate of shit they served up in AC.

30th October 2006 03:30 PM
Joey " Kins...did I mention your name came up OFTEN at the AC Summit??? "

I Like THAT !!!!

30th October 2006 05:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

hey - thats MY joke. Who are you - Joey?
30th October 2006 05:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
I dont see anything about these "strong rumouors" in RS.com...the tour dates are intact...the last press release is from El Dijeho cancelling in Spain...there hasn't been an update since...not that i doubt any of this...

the 'rumour' was on their message board. Rs.com dont even provide their members with news, let alone rumours! Maybe if they charge $200 a year, it might be reasonable to expect something that trivial!

LA is postponed to 22nd November. Hawaii will be cancelled. Despite the fact theyre still (shamefully) advertising tickets on sale for this show, its not going to happen.
30th October 2006 05:35 PM
Joey " hey - thats MY joke. Who are you - Joey?"

30th October 2006 06:55 PM
Poplar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LA is postponed to 22nd November. Hawaii will be cancelled. Despite the fact theyre still (shamefully) advertising tickets on sale for this show, its not going to happen.

unbelievable. un-fucking believable.
30th October 2006 07:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I'm feeling better.....the list appears to be growing of those returning.

LJ
SaintSway
Glencar
chevysales
Nanky
TomL
jaggergrrl
GotToRollMe
Steel Wheels.<

Ya'll are grown ups(well some of you are wink wink)and can do as you please.

But I really think you should reconsider returning to AC.

Look at what Stones Inc is doing to even MORE fans. It's bad enough that they did it to you guys in AC....but now they are gonna do it again in LA and Honolulu! Why? Because they think that they can get away with it. C'mon folks think about how you all just felt back in AC...and now think about how all of these people are gonna feel too! And what about all those people who bought non-refundable plane tickets to Hawaii? I used to sell those tickets, so I know how much they cost...and it ain't cheap, even from LA. And what happened in AC has snowballed and swallowed up LA and HNL!!!

If we don't all do something to get Stones Inc's attention...shit like this will become business as usual. Hell it already IS business as usual. And it just HAS to stop.

You folks who were at AC....you could be the catalyst for change. Get your money back. If you go to AC...just party like you did last time...let 'em play to an empty venue.
30th October 2006 07:24 PM
pdog I got my money back in 5 to 10 biz days... Rental car, airport parking, business class upgrade and incidental are non refundable... Oh well, small price to pay to see my friends and family and lear a lesson, that you had tried to teach me SS.
TM won't refund Oakland, I tried. Oh well.
30th October 2006 07:27 PM
Poplar
so PDog - we still gonna greet in Oak town?
I understand if the answer is no.
30th October 2006 07:28 PM
Dan I would be totally prepared to blow off LA. Will just have a hard time doing it as the last show of the tour.
30th October 2006 07:30 PM
Poplar
quote:
Dan wrote:
I would be totally prepared to blow off LA. Will just have a hard time doing it as the last show of the tour.

I hear ya... and I was SOOO pumped about the Biltmore hotel rrom I scores. it was jb phat. oh well. my LA dreams are dashed so a second serving of kaka can come out of Atlantic City.
30th October 2006 07:31 PM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:

so PDog - we still gonna greet in Oak town?
I understand if the answer is no.

It's about my friends, new and old. She Rat will go ut with me, and maybe Monkeyman if he's not to shell shocked from AC...
PM your cell number, we'll make plans...
30th October 2006 07:35 PM
Dan
quote:
Poplar wrote:

I hear ya... and I was SOOO pumped about the Biltmore hotel rrom I scores. it was jb phat. oh well. my LA dreams are dashed so a second serving of kaka can come out of Atlantic City.

I got some killer scores on Priceline for the Licks tour.
If you can make it down I might have room on my floor in Burbank, if my friend Sam doesn't come down, I will definitely have room. Of course everything is up in the air including the show date and my Thanksgiving plans! Not going to tell my friend he can't stay here just because it got moved a few days.
30th October 2006 08:15 PM
Poplar
Work would only allow me to attend th 18th. 19/20/22... all of those are deal killers for me. maybe the following saturday.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)