ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando !
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anahaeim, CA - 4th November 2005
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hold On To Your Hat Return to archive
November 6th, 2005 04:54 PM
MikeyC613 What a kickass rock and roll song, great guitars, drumming, and outro, Mick's "I'm over with ya baby" is unbelievable. Steel Wheels actually kicked some ass, Sad Sad Sad is solid, so is Hearts For Sale, Slipping Away, Can't Be Seen, Break the Spell, Almost Hear You Sigh? Solid songwriting.
November 6th, 2005 05:02 PM
Ronnie Richards Hold on to Your Hat kicks ass.
The album does not.
November 6th, 2005 05:11 PM
Neocon I haven't listened to SW in years. I don't think it ages well. I think I liked HOTYH, ME, BTS, SSS, and SA.

I hated BBL, T, RAAHP, CBS and AHYS. In fact I stunned so many people seem to like AHYS. I thought at best it was dull.
November 6th, 2005 05:15 PM
Moonisup too much wannabe stones for me
November 6th, 2005 07:10 PM
Flashpoint
quote:
Neocon wrote:
In fact I stunned so many people seem to like AHYS. I thought at best it was dull.

I never thought a stone fan could feel that way about AHYS
Life is full of surprises

Steel Wheels does rock
November 6th, 2005 09:12 PM
Soldatti I don't like all that slick production, especially the drums and keyboards, but it's a good record.
November 6th, 2005 09:19 PM
deuce Excellent
---------
Mixed Emotions
Almost Hear You Sigh
Slipping Away

Decent
-------
Sad Sad Sad
Can't Be Seen
Continental Drift
Rock and A Hard Place

Filler
------
Terrifying
Hold On To Your Hat
Hearts For Sale
Blinded By Love
Break The Spell

I give the album 6.5/10

Could have been much better. The slick production helps kill it along with the obvious rush job to get the product out. The tour was way more important and better than the album, but I feel the album does have a few gems. Hold On To Your Hat just sounds like filler to me...almost like Mick said "Alright we need another rocker" and the band just started playing fast rubbish. I mean, it's not HORRIBLE it's just not particularly good. Whereas something like Mixed Emotions, to me, is classic Stones weather it's one of your favorites or not.
[Edited by deuce]
November 6th, 2005 09:33 PM
BILL PERKS GREAT
HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT
ALMOST HEAR YOU SIGH
SLIPPIN AWAY

GOOD
SAD SAD SAD
MIXED EMOTIONS
BREAK THE SPELL
CONTINENTAL DRIFT
BLINDED BY LOVE

FILLER
CANT BE SEEN
HEARTS FOR SALE
TERRIFYING
ROCK
A GOOD ENOUGH EFFORT FOR THE TIME..WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE COVER OF "FOR YOUR PRECIOUS LOVE " DONE IN THOSE SESSIONS
November 7th, 2005 05:14 AM
Jumacfly Terryfing what a song!!!
I love the production on this one, it's my fav on steel wheels with break the spell...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)