ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando !
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anahaeim, CA - 4th November 2005
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Does Platinum membership work to get good seats? Return to archive
November 3rd, 2005 10:54 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Tomorrow is the date, but I need the platinum membership. I heard that sometimes you don't get the best tix with it.

Does it work for this purpose?
November 3rd, 2005 11:10 PM
rogerriffin i need know too! now i get the PLATINUM membership!!!!

still not appear nothing, the instructins say that in presale time they give you the password, tomorrow morning i will open tickets.rollingstones.com to get my pass...

Anyone knows how many tickets i can buy it with it????
November 3rd, 2005 11:11 PM
pdog I'd say no... At least not for US shows. There's a but however! I used my platinum to buy two tix for the first SF show. I'm not complaining, I got good seats. I used the same code again to buy a third ticket for NYC 2006, and I got a good floor seat. The thing I've noticed is that alot of shows have had as good or better seats show up later.
The good thing is, you can not use the membership and get refunded. I bought two and got refunded, just got the check on Tuesday! The downside, I can't access the videos on RS.com, using the account that I bought tickets with... They're really lame IMO. BUT!!! I got a killer floor for NYC in January and 2 floors for SF with the same code, so fuck them! I can probably still buy a 4th ticket if something worthwhile is announced!
November 3rd, 2005 11:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl How many tix you can buy with one membership? How many times?
November 4th, 2005 12:09 AM
voodoopug
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
How many tix you can buy with one membership? How many times?

one show, up to four tickets...some folks were able to quickly use their code over again for multiple purchases.

i used my legacy (pre may 9) password to get fifth row center for the opener at Fenway, but when i joined as a new member for Soldier Field, the seats were good, but not spectacular.
November 4th, 2005 01:27 AM
pdog
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
How many tix you can buy with one membership? How many times?

I bought the sF tix in May and the NYC tix a month or so ago, same membership! It gets you four tickets, it's supposed to only work for one show, but TM only knows how many tickets you bought, not where and when... Maybe they fixed it...
The good thing is, you see what seats you're buying, so if they suck, you can pass. Wait for the genral sale or eBay ect... You do have more options this way.
November 4th, 2005 06:44 AM
Nellcote Voodoo, here's my report.
Platinum membership
Fenway
August 21, 2005
Four seats
Fifth Row
$187 per ticket with charges
Priceless.
Good Luck!
November 4th, 2005 07:42 AM
PartyDoll MEG Depends if you are lucky or not!! Some people have gotten great deals, others just good. Me-I have so so luck- got back floor MSG with Platinum, and even with Pre-May 9, got mid-floor center. Others have gotten first 5 rows for $99. If you have patience, Pdog is right, try general sale or wait. I get all panicky and need "instant gratification." Oh Well!!

Good luck to all of you! The fun is just starting!!!!
November 4th, 2005 07:54 AM
lotsajizz on the other hand, I was fifteen rows over and behind Nellcote and I paid the full $453 (four hundred and fuckin' fifty three) with my legacy membership...admittedly I was two hours late (work) getting online after the sale started
November 4th, 2005 08:39 AM
StonesChick
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

one show, up to four tickets...some folks were able to quickly use their code over again for multiple purchases.

i used my legacy (pre may 9) password to get fifth row center for the opener at Fenway, but when i joined as a new member for Soldier Field, the seats were good, but not spectacular.

My experience hasn't been very good. I saw better seats available after the presale on Ticketmaster. I got great seats using the pre-may membership, but you may have better luck with post-may. Good luck!!
November 4th, 2005 09:20 AM
Jumping Jack If you are lucky and persistent over several shows then yes it helps, but not assured. I got 4th row next to the walkway for $97 at Phillips. I was offered floors 2/3 of the way back for Vegas. I had to fuss with Customer Service to have them moved up to a section next to the stage.

If you are willing to accept the first 20 rows in a stadium you can probably wait. If you want to be really close and centered and are willing to pay an extra $25 ticket ($100/4 tix) go for it. It is a personal call. If it were the only show I were going to I'd get the best tix I could afford.
November 4th, 2005 10:25 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Voodoo, here's my report.
Platinum membership
Fenway
August 21, 2005
Four seats
Fifth Row
$187 per ticket with charges
Priceless.
Good Luck!

and don't forget who you were sitting next to my good man!
November 4th, 2005 10:41 AM
Nellcote How could I, my closet Red Sox fan?
It was a great gig....
November 4th, 2005 10:54 AM
glencar Puggy's in the closet?
November 4th, 2005 10:59 AM
Nellcote GC, Puggy was able to exorcise his demons & come to Fenway to see the openah.
I recall pleading with you to do the same, however, your inner voice advised otherwise....
You missed an outstanding opportunity!
November 4th, 2005 02:23 PM
luxury1 Pre-May 9 code-what the hell do they call it? Legacy?? Worked great at scoring good seats. I didnt have much luck with the post-May 9 code--Platinum. Just OK--did better with the public sale on Ticketmaster.

HEADS UP ALL--check out RS.com for new pre-sale code rules. Uh-oh--looks like the party is over.....
November 4th, 2005 03:12 PM
pdog
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Pre-May 9 code-what the hell do they call it? Legacy?? Worked great at scoring good seats. I didnt have much luck with the post-May 9 code--Platinum. Just OK--did better with the public sale on Ticketmaster.

HEADS UP ALL--check out RS.com for new pre-sale code rules. Uh-oh--looks like the party is over.....

They've shut me out of seeing the videos... They're very mad at me!
November 4th, 2005 03:18 PM
Jumping Jack Can anyone simplify the RS.com rules into something I can understand?
November 4th, 2005 03:20 PM
Joey " Can anyone simplify the RS.com rules into something I can understand?"

|
|
|
|
V

November 4th, 2005 04:05 PM
Jumping Jack Macca clears things up, he's number 1 and no membership fees!
November 5th, 2005 08:07 AM
Lavendar Much ADO! Way To BIG of A Hassle! So what the fuck is the Problem!!??? Could some one tell me! You want a ticket then Buy it. Should be order of sales with MEMBER dibs! WTF I "kinda" liked my seat(NOT) in TO, SkyDome and that was with Ameriquest charge another F-in decision. ?????
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)