ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando !
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anahaeim, CA - 4th November 2005
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woodie Return to archive
November 3rd, 2005 03:09 PM
The Volitan So, I got Jeff Beck's Truth album, and I look on the inside cover and see "Bass: Ron Wood." Sweet. So now I'm listening to the whole record again to hear Woodie on bass!
November 3rd, 2005 03:15 PM
LE PAUL JAGGER Ronnie is a fucking great bass player
November 3rd, 2005 03:15 PM
lotsajizz Woodie's a pretty good bass player, always has been ...
November 3rd, 2005 03:40 PM
the good Woody played bass on ER (the song). Enough said!
November 3rd, 2005 03:47 PM
Joey
quote:
The Volitan wrote:
So, I got Jeff Beck's Truth album, and I look on the inside cover and see "Bass: Ron Wood." Sweet. So now I'm listening to the whole record again to hear Woodie on bass!

Woody plays bass one hundred tinmes ( sic ) better than he plays guitar . Word .
November 3rd, 2005 10:07 PM
Bruno Stone
quote:
the good wrote:
Woody played bass on ER (the song). Enough said!

Really? I always thought it was Bill. Great bass lines, indeed.
November 4th, 2005 05:57 AM
LE PAUL JAGGER and he plays bass on stage with the band on fingerprint file in 1975!!!
Mick Taylor play the original bass part on iorr
November 4th, 2005 09:52 PM
PeerQueer Woody has always been underated, and frankly, some in here seem to take more than a bit of unfair shots at the guy.

Of the four Licks shows I saw last tour, Woody carried much more of the load than did Keith. Of the two shows I've seen this tour, it seems Keith has claimed some of that load right back - but Woody's playing is still very solid - the two don't appear nearly as close as I remember them back in 89 and early 90s - likely due to Ron's sobriety. (No shame in that Ron - you wouldn't be the first to drop out of the race trying to keep pace with the seemingly indestructable Mr. Richards!)

I still want to see him and Rod get back to work on that Strum and Sing album that has been speculated for the last four or five years. Those two have as good of musical chemistry as Mick n Keef when both of them were creatively compatable. Faces stuff is some of the best music - it has held up very very well over time. Dirty booze addled rock n roll. And Rod's voice is one of my all time favorites. Gasoline Alley...brilliant! His version of Dylan's "Only a Hobo" - man did he and Wood make a fine musical team.

In fact, fuck the Stones Woody, get back with Rod and toss out one last great album! I wanna hear it - And I bet about a million others here and across the pond want to hear it too!
November 4th, 2005 10:56 PM
glencar Nope. I'd rather hear the Stones. At this point Rod is likely to drag Woody into one of those miserable Torch songs that he abuses so badly.
November 4th, 2005 10:57 PM
glencar I should add that I agree with the rest of your post.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)