ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando !
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anahaeim, CA - 4th November 2005
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anybody Like Fiona Apple? Return to archive
November 3rd, 2005 01:23 PM
FPM C10 She's one of Miss Youngblood's favorites. I just got us tickets to see her at the Tower Theater next month. Second row!

I saw her open for the Stones at MSG in '98 and thought she was pretty good. Since then I've listened to more of her stuff....she's about half a genius, I think.

Anybody else going? Anybody else like her?
November 3rd, 2005 01:38 PM
Bloozehound u gonna get all "dolled up" in yer girls panties and mascera to go see this one too, champ
November 3rd, 2005 01:47 PM
Jaxx i enjoy her music. its pretty seductive as well as edgy which proves to be an interesting combo, imo. didn't she get her break by crashing a record executive's party and putting a tape of her music on the stereo? i recall that video "criminal" from '96 as being quite haunting. heroin chic at its finest. i believe she was only 18 or 19 when she cut the first of her three albums.
November 3rd, 2005 01:50 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Anybody else like her?

November 3rd, 2005 01:51 PM
Joey [quote]Jaxx wrote:
i enjoy her music. its pretty seductive as well as edgy which proves to be ................................... "

Hi Jaxxy !!!!!

J. Fly !
November 3rd, 2005 01:54 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hi Jaxxy !!!!!
J. Fly !

trick or treat! oops. that's past already, hasn't it?
November 3rd, 2005 01:58 PM
Joey
quote:
Jaxx wrote:

trick or treat! oops. that's past already, hasn't it?

http://www.maccareport.com/

" Paul' s Lexus arrived at 5:30 pm with 150 fans waiting. Paul waved at the long line of fans as he passed.

The concert started late at 8:45 pm because venue security was meticulously wanding and searching everyone from head to toe. Some of the wands were set too high and were going off when individuals did not have any items that were contraband. Consequently those individuals kept getting wanded and held up the line. At 8 pm the venue was half full.

Memorabilia such as albums were banned and signs were being taken away, so unfortunately very few signs made it through. When Paul did his story about 'signs' he had to fall back on "My mom saw you at Shea Stadium" which got a big laugh from the Denver audience.

Freelance Hellraiser did little more than make the Denver audience more restless after the long wait for McCartney. Paul got onstage at 9:15. He was in excellent voice and had no trouble nailing the difficult high notes on Jenny Wren. There was a high energy level displayed in the audience with some people standing for the entire concert. For the slower numbers the audience was more subdued. The "Chaos" numbers got a good response.

Paul made fun of his fall in Tampa and playfully kept a lookout for the piano door opening up "from the bowels of the earth."

"Let Me Roll It" had the "Foxy Lady" ending and Paul pulled out an abbreviated "Baby Face" for the intro to "Hey Jude."

He messed up the first line of "Fine Line" singing, "There is a long way between chaos and creation.." instead of "There is a fine line between recklessness and courage..." Paul recovered nicely and looked over at Abe like "Uh oh!" and they both laughed.

There was a nice showing of pink glow sticks for "Maybe I'm Amazed" in Linda's honor.

"Ah, you're good people," said Paul praising the crowd. He would go from one side of the stage to the other acknowledging the nosebleed sections who stood and cheered. The people on the main floor rocked pointing to Paul who pointed back at them.

Paul dedicated "Follow Me" to his lovely wife and baby daughter. Heather was not spotted in the audience.

The audience was mesmerized by Paul during the acoustic set and on the Beatles numbers, especially "Eleanor Rigby."

At one point in the show, Brian and Rusty switched sides and played a little bit for the opposite side of the stage.

"It's great to be in Den-vah Colorado!" said Paul. "Hello Denver, hello Colorado..." and then he mentioned the surrounding towns.

"I'll Follow the Sun" had SIX reprises! (a Macca "US" Tour world record tie with the Omaha show!)

Brian said hello to his mom who had come all the way from Durango for the show. Brian said, "At the count of three, let's have all 18,000 of you say, 'Hi Mom.'" At the count of three everyone did say, "Hi Mom."

Autographed by Paul:

A "High in the Clouds" book and two other items. Congrats to Kevin Kincaid for catching Paul's Sharpie that he used to sign autographs.

Signs smuggled in:

"Fan on the Run," "Home is where the (heart) is," "Follow Me" signs acknowledged by Paul with a "Thank you" after the song, "Ken Mansfield says hello, 'ANYWAY' Love you, Mary from Pittsburgh, PA," "SHAG ME!"

LISTEN TO Archer on THE MOUNTAIN's "Breakfast With the Beatles" 99.5 FM (Denver) this Sunday to hear the interview he did with Paul in Denver. CLICK to hear the interview online at 8am Mountain Time (10am ET) Sunday November 6. Listen to Archer's "Breakfast With the Beatles" from 9am - 12 noon MT every Sunday."

November 3rd, 2005 03:26 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
u gonna get all "dolled up" in yer girls panties and mascera to go see this one too, champ

Well, son, since Fiona's music or image doesn't have anything to do with gender-bending (like, ooh, say, the New York Dolls), I guess not. I also didn't wear any make-up to go see Doc Watson. And FYI - mascara is way too much trouble. I usually just use a little eyeliner.

However, if fantasizing about me wearing panties and mascara helps out when you're masturbating, go for it!
November 3rd, 2005 03:38 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

However, if fantasizing about me wearing panties and mascara helps out when you're masturbating, go for it!

Funny !!!!

Friggin Funny --- You are much loved by The Joey !!!!

Kins !
November 3rd, 2005 04:55 PM
Jair I LOVE Fiona Apple. Who introduce me her (hehe) was a young girl, about 17, named Caroline.

So, I bought Tidal, which is a great record. Sometimes, however, makes me depressive.

When her second album came out, "When the Pawn...." I bought two copies, and went to Carol's house to gave a copy to her as a gift &, I admit, also expecting some sex...Didn't happen.

Now i'm looking forward to the new release. Didn't seen yet in the local record stores...

Wondering now if I should one more time buy two copies and try again...She's about 22+ now

November 4th, 2005 12:18 AM
Sir Stonesalot Do I like Fiona Apple?

I dunno, I never met her.

She seems nice enough.
November 4th, 2005 01:29 AM
pdog She seems crazy and dirty. I like crazy dirty young girls... Her music, never bothered to pay much attention.
November 4th, 2005 01:57 AM
maumau i do (like Fiona Apple)
also her last record "extraordinary machine" is good (if melancholic) in both its versions, the first one that the record company refused to release i think one year ago or so and the second one that is out these days
she's a talented songwriter and has a beautiful scratchy voice, imho
November 4th, 2005 06:32 AM
Jair
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Do I like Fiona Apple?

I dunno, I never met her.

She seems nice enough.

Sir, just out of curiosity:
Are you a journalist?
You write about music for some paper?
Thanks!
[]'s
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)