ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando !
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anahaeim, CA - 4th November 2005
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones: Image vs Music Return to archive
November 3rd, 2005 12:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Do you prefer the image or the music?
November 3rd, 2005 12:34 PM
texile both - the stones to me have always been more than the music........thier history is so rich and eccentric - it just makes the music BIGGER.
there's a reason im not a zeppelin fan.
November 3rd, 2005 12:54 PM
Madafaka Music! I prefer that my imagination do the rest.
November 3rd, 2005 02:09 PM
Jaxx the whole enchilada. i enjoyed the music many years before i had a chance to see my first show. there is no disputing that the rolling stones put on a high energy show. i thoroughly enjoyed the IMAX presentation. the stones on a larger than life screen in surround-a-sound was simply awesome or in other words, axxthe whole enchilada.
November 3rd, 2005 06:43 PM
Soldatti Both, it's a perfect mix.
November 3rd, 2005 06:56 PM
speedfreakjive Well, its fundamentally about the music right? So obviously, the Music. However, they have the coolest image of any band, ever. Not so sure about the heroin tho.....
and the cool image today is diminished

Also, i actually thought the image, fashion direction of the Licks tour was really good. The best since 1978 imo
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
November 4th, 2005 02:01 AM
JuanTCB I don't think you can have one without the other, at this point.

Or at any point, really, since Elvis appeared.

That said, whenever I listen to the Stones, I can't help but get a visual of whatever they looked like when the song or album was recorded. It's all tied in together.

Which is why I try to avoid "Dirty Work" at all costs.

November 4th, 2005 05:27 PM
PeerQueer Keith looked very cool during Dirty Work - the wicked mass of greying hair - the snarling mouth, killer gleam in the eyes...he wanted to slit Mick's scrawny throat at the time and looked very near to actually doing it! I was a spoiled jr high punk at the time, and Keith scared me! One Hit remains one of their best videos...

Mick looked pathetic though - very near to his Dancing in the Streets time...-shudder-...
November 5th, 2005 02:05 AM
texile
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

Mick looked pathetic though - very near to his Dancing in the Streets time...-shudder-...

that period (84-89) was jagger's lowest point - and that hair summed it all up....
November 5th, 2005 02:18 AM
Monkey Woman Ah, the hair... The '80s have much to answer on that count...
November 5th, 2005 02:45 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
texile wrote:

that period (84-89) was jagger's lowest point - and that hair summed it all up....

Oh God yes! And VH1's "I Love the 80s 3D" keeps showing that damn video!
November 5th, 2005 05:54 AM
Moonisup where's that 80ies keith pic on the police car!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)