ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando !
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anahaeim, CA - 4th November 2005
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Whos is who at Rocks Off? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
October 31st, 2005 08:03 AM
Jair Do you think is a good idea for a thread?

Since Pug said several times I'm ridicule, I'm asume that. No problem. &, having said that, we can define better whos is who, also because me, for example...I have NO IDEA about most of you guys, and I'd like to know more - Im a ridicule curious!

We can start like this:

Jair - twice in one: Beavis & Butt Head!
Pug - The judge, the priest and the councilman
Madafaka - The art director
Gypsy & Angiegirl - Our hot stuff!
Glencar - The Provocateur agent and..what more???

Seriously, can we share info about us?
I'd like to know what Glencar (just an example) do for a living, where he lives, etc...

It seems Gypsy is a MD...Am i correct? Where? which hospital? which medical area?

And about Angiegirl?

I will start by ME, cuz i like alot to talk

I'm a journalist since 1987, but I left this profession in 1995, cause Journalism are a source of stupidity and lying in defense of rich people. Journalism sucks. I'm working now as a public relations, and at night I'm studying Psychology. I only in the first year. The graduation last six yrs!

I leave my wife a few months and then I bought a dog (!) which is much better company.

I have a kid, Pietro, which is 21 yrs old. He's in the fifth (the last) year of MBA. He also works as editor of images in a local company of propaganda/video, and his also studying music. He keeps a small studio at his room, where he does his stuff.

I'm a heavy consumer of illegal drugs (my fave is marijuana), I'm a incorrigible womanizer and I have 2.000+ CDs. Oh, Im a consumer of legal drugs too: Paroxetine, Valium and now Ritalim...

In the past, beggining at 1997, I had a Rolling Stones website (at www.stones.com.br) and by those times I first met our dear friend Gerardo Liedo. I closed the site when the Association of Record Companies in Brasil sued me (2002) and made me remove 300+ MP3 files of unreleased Stones songs that I kept...

I'm also very contradictory guy:
I jogging at least 60 minutes/day, sometimes 120 minutes, and I'm not a smoker cigarettes. I quit in October 26, 2000, with the Zyban help. I dont drink alcohol too.

I tried to kill myself in last January by taking drugs but didnt work. Then, I passed by that 28 days treatment and now I think life is not that bad. Just bad.

Besides drugs, women and music, I also love movies, being from far the bigger client of the local blockbuster.

I live in the South of Brasil, in the border to Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay.

I like to talk/write alot.

Your turn guys. You know, you dont need talk alot like me. I'm a fucking speaker.

October 31st, 2005 08:09 AM
Gazza Fuck me pink, how can anyone follow that!

I didn't realise you'd tried to harm yourself. Thats terrible. Glad to hear you're doing a lot better....
October 31st, 2005 08:21 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Im 21
I work for a reputable Music Company in Corporate Hospitality
I have no children but a girlfriend
I live in Tooting in London
October 31st, 2005 08:32 AM
gimmekeef I'm 52 live in Atlanta..loved the Stones since I first heard em in 62/63....Nothing else matters....
October 31st, 2005 09:39 AM
glencar "I'm a journalist since 1987, but I left this profession in 1995, cause Journalism are a source of stupidity and lying in defense of rich people. Journalism sucks. I'm working now as a public relations, and at night I'm studying Psychology. I only in the first year. The graduation last six yrs!"

Isn't PR generally for rich people?
October 31st, 2005 09:54 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Jair wrote:
Gypsy & Angiegirl - Our hot stuff!
[...]
And about Angiegirl?

I'm hot stuff. You said it.

And I'm at work right now, pushing a deadline.
I shouldn't even be here.
Why did you people have to make RO so damn check-for-more-asylum-news-able? WHY??

Right. Deadline.
Damn.You.People!
October 31st, 2005 09:55 AM
Angiegirl (PS: I'm a webdesigner)
(PS2: I'm 31)

[Edited by Angiegirl]
October 31st, 2005 09:57 AM
voodoopug OK, I will answer your question as a sign of good faith from our recent disagreement.

I am 28, married, I have a 15 month old son with another child due in February. I am a Manufacturer's representative in the industrial/educational lab supply market specializing in microbiology and high vac technology. Currently I am contracted by 13 manufacturers, and am considering taking on a couple more and increasing my staff by one more person, but I will not make that decision until next spring. As you all know, I am a businessman by trade and a musician by hobby, performing with Chicago's Voodoo Pugs. I live in a far western suburb of Chicago and just recently moved into a 7BR three story home located on a small lake with my family and beloved pugs. I have to travel a couple of times a month for business, but am fortunate enough to be able to take my family with me many times, trade shows are not the most exciting, but I do enjoy "boardroom negotiations"

I am a Chicago Bears, Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Bulls, Chicago White Sox, Phoenix Suns, and except this postseason, a Boston Red Sox fan.

There, now you know!
October 31st, 2005 10:01 AM
lotsajizz I'll take the title of 'consiglieri'...I was born the day of the San Bernadino gig on the Stones first US tour
October 31st, 2005 10:20 AM
glencar Puggy, why Phoenix?
October 31st, 2005 10:21 AM
glencar Jair, check your PM!
October 31st, 2005 10:30 AM
Jumacfly Hi!
I m a fuckin french lost in this asylum!
cheers
Ju
October 31st, 2005 10:32 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Puggy, why Phoenix?

When i was younger, my family traveled to Phoenix once or twice a year. While there, I would always go to Suns games with my cousins and just became a fan.
October 31st, 2005 10:44 AM
erikjjf Age: 26 (for another month)
Stones concerts attended: 31 since 1995
Will greet: all from Shidoobee and Rocks Off
October 31st, 2005 10:45 AM
Madafaka Well, you know some stuff about me, but a little resume could be:
University: Advertising career finished two years ago.
I quit smoke 25th January 2004, I drink mostly on weekends (beer/wine/whisky), I'm single and that's it, beacause I'm working on a catalog that I have to finish today.
For adittional info, just tell me.

PS: I forgot, I LOVE this msg board!
PS2: Angie is not Hot Stuff. Angie is the HOTTEST Stuff!

[Edited by Madafaka]
October 31st, 2005 10:48 AM
Jair
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Fuck me pink, how can anyone follow that!

I didn't realise you'd tried to harm yourself. Thats terrible. Glad to hear you're doing a lot better....

Thanks, Gazza, but it is not terrible.

The Canadian moviemaker David Cronenberg said (*) once that the most legitimate & genuine right of everyone is choose when wants to die, and I completelly agree with him.

(*) Was a Portuguese translated interview. No risk to get the wrong idea, heh Pug?!

Now, please, check my dog sleeping
Is it sweet or what???

October 31st, 2005 10:54 AM
exile I am currently a 33 year old pharmacy student
in my second year, so 2 more to go.

I used to be a web designer, bong smoker and beer drinker
not necessarily in that order,
until I was informed that I had a little daughter on the way.
so I thought id go back to Uni and smarten up my act.

enjoying studying and now my beautiful daughter is 16 months old.

I still enjoy a beer ;-)
looking forward to graduating, a while to go yet.

Oh i have been into the stones since1987
I have seen the stones seven times and Mick Jagger Solo once in 1988.

[Edited by exile]
October 31st, 2005 11:00 AM
Bruno Stone
quote:
Jair wrote:

I'm a journalist since 1987, but I left this profession in 1995, cause Journalism are a source of stupidity and lying in defense of rich people. Journalism sucks. I'm working now as a public relations, and at night I'm studying Psychology.

In the past, beggining at 1997, I had a Rolling Stones website (at www.stones.com.br) and by those times I first met our dear friend Gerardo Liedo. I closed the site when the Association of Record Companies in Brasil sued me (2002) and made me remove 300+ MP3 files of unreleased Stones songs that I kept...

Two funny things. First, I visited your website once!!!

Second, I'm a Journalism student and I'm working as a public relations too. I still don't know if Journalism sucks cause I have no professional experience, but reading Veja ilustrates your remark

I'm 20 years old. I live many many many miles above Jair, in Fortaleza (Madafaka was here once on vacations). I got my first salary last month and spent some of it buying ABB. Nowadays I'm crazy about the idea of going to Rio or Buenos Aires to watch the Stones.

What more.... I'm almost married with a beautiful 17 years old girl with cute feet. And I love the people from this board.
October 31st, 2005 11:01 AM
Jair
quote:
glencar wrote:
"I'm a journalist since 1987, but I left this profession in 1995, cause Journalism are a source of stupidity and lying in defense of rich people. Journalism sucks. I'm working now as a public relations, and at night I'm studying Psychology. I only in the first year. The graduation last six yrs!"

Isn't PR generally for rich people?

Yes Glencar, but now I know exactly what I'm doing,
and for who.
In my case, among others i'm working to three hospitals and the local medical association. We're not trying to fool anyone, just showing what we do.

When I used to work in the journalism, there was censure (from the owner of the journal), the editor in chief picked up what we could write, what we couldn't..

Why a text about the richness of the city and why not another about the violence or poverty? This kind of shit!
It's disgusting, really.

October 31st, 2005 11:10 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
PS2: Angie is not Hot Stuff. Angie is the HOTTEST Stuff!

Thanks Max! I didn't quite make my deadline, but RO is here to comfort me
October 31st, 2005 11:16 AM
glencar Jair, your old website is now all about Stones but not the kind that roll!
October 31st, 2005 11:24 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Thanks Max! I didn't quite make my deadline, but RO is here to comfort me

Angie is Leyden's Queen
October 31st, 2005 11:29 AM
glencar That is one disturbing image...
October 31st, 2005 11:45 AM
Jair
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jair, your old website is now all about Stones but not the kind that roll!

Actually, has been closed after that lawsuit episode.
No more fun without those mp3 files.
PS - You have PM too!
October 31st, 2005 11:46 AM
glencar I will check & maybe answer.
October 31st, 2005 11:48 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I will check & maybe answer.

I enjoyed our greeting, you are a great fan!
October 31st, 2005 11:50 AM
glencar Puggy, it was too brief. Whilst I enjoyed it despite the brevity, we had no chance to talk. The music was nice though & what a cape! I wish I had tix to Chicago in January but then again, brrrr!
October 31st, 2005 12:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Puggy, it was too brief. Whilst I enjoyed it despite the brevity, we had no chance to talk. The music was nice though & what a cape! I wish I had tix to Chicago in January but then again, brrrr!

perhaps you can arrange travel to the Memphis show in Dec?
October 31st, 2005 12:20 PM
glencar Dec what?
October 31st, 2005 12:22 PM
Jair
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
OK, I will answer your question as a sign of good faith
from our recent disagreement. (...)
There, now you know!

Thank you, Pug. Very nice from you enter this thread.
Can I ask you what do you play on Voodoopugs?
Thanks again!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)