ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando !
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anahaeim, CA - 4th November 2005
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Key Arena, Seattle, WA October 30 - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive
October 31st, 2005 07:16 AM
LadyJane Howe disappointing....c'mon West Coast RO'ers....it's your turn to carry the torch.

Here's the setlist courtesy of Shidoobee:

1. Start Me Up.
2. Shattered
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. ONNYA
6. Ruby Tuesday
7. Rain Fall Down
8. Bitch
9. Night Time
BAND INTROS
10. The Worst
11. Infamy
12. Miss You
13. Rough Justice
14. Get Off My Cloud
15. HTW
16. Out of Control
17. Sympathy
18. Brown Sugar
19. Satisfaction
20. YCAGWYW (encore)
21. JJF (encore)

LJ.
October 31st, 2005 07:38 AM
Moonisup there was one this morning!
October 31st, 2005 09:24 AM
Jumacfly no more YGMR??
thanks god!
October 31st, 2005 10:10 AM
moy Grant M. Haller/Seattle Post-Intelligencer

[Edited by moy]
October 31st, 2005 10:11 AM
moy Monday, October 31, 2005

Rolling Stones are still a gas, gas, gas
Mixing old with new, the band rocks crowd with explosive show

By GENE STOUT
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER POP MUSIC CRITIC

The Rolling Stones still pack a bigger bang than most of their contemporaries.

Rolling into Seattle for their most intimate Northwest show in decades, the Stones entertained a pre-Halloween crowd at KeyArena with more than 20 songs from past and present.

The tour, arriving in town just days before Paul McCartney's Thursday concert at KeyArena, follows the release of "A Bigger Bang," one of the group's best albums since the 1980s.

More than 40 years after they formed, the Stones are still packing arenas with explosively entertaining shows. Mick Jagger, the group's flamboyant frontman, hasn't lost his edge, or his ability to captivate an audience. Whether the sixtysomething British supergroup can still rock arenas 10 years from now remains to be seen. But for now, the Stones are still very much in the game.

KeyArena, a smaller venue than the Tacoma Dome and the Kingdome, where the Stones have played previously, meant that ticket demand was unusually high. One ticket Web site was selling secondhand tickets as high as $3,400 each.

The Stones took the stage at 9:10 p.m., after a 45-minute set by headbangers Motley Crue, the unsavory appetizer to the Stones' sumptuous main course. With scantily clad female dancers and a fire-eating dwarf, the Crue recalled the days of 1980s arena rock. Good-humored Seattle-bred bassist Nikki Sixx said the group was honored to be opening for the Stones and thanked the audience "for putting up with us."

Visuals played an important role in the Stones' two-hour set. A giant video screen surrounded by an even larger LED screen displayed close-ups of band members Jagger, guitarists Keith Richards and Ron Wood and drummer Charlie Watts, as well as keyboardist Chuck Leavell, bassist Darryl Jones, three vocalists and a four-man horn section.

The show also featured an elaborate second stage that allowed the group to travel from the main stage out into the audience. The main stage was flanked by two towering, flat metal sculptures.

The show began with the anticipated opener, "Start Me Up," featuring Jagger in a sparkly tuxedo jacket, turquoise shirt, rhinestone belt and black leather pants. The video screen came to life for "Shattered," then displayed stylish, vintage-looking videos for "She's So Cold."

Jagger strolled out on a narrow stage extension for "Tumblin' Dice," the first song to feature the talented horn section and background vocalists.

The first new song of the night was "Oh No Not You Again." The video screen captured the band live in black and white, resulting in a dramatic contrast between what was happening live on stage and on big-screen video. Another new song, "Rain Fall Down," featured Jagger on electric guitar, but allowed bassist Jones a few moments in the spotlight.

A midshow highlight was the group's boisterous tribute to Ray Charles, featuring "Night Time Is the Right Time." The song belonged to backup singer Lisa Fischer, whose powerful vocals recalled the rafter-rattling performances of Tina Turner. Jagger showed his appreciation by giving her a hug from behind, then took the lead for the song's screeching finale.

After band introductions, guitarist Richards performed a sentimental set featuring "The Worst" and "Infamy."

For "Miss You," the band was transported to the rear of the main floor on a smaller stage that traveled on rails. Band members, grinning widely, enjoyed the close contact with concertgoers.

During "Rough Justice," the best song from the new album, Jagger swayed lasciviously back and forth, slapping guitarist Wood on the butt. Also featured on the smaller stage was a spirited "Get Off My Cloud."

The Stones returned to the main stage for "Honky Tonk Women," and the show continued with "Out of Control," "Sympathy for the Devil," "Brown Sugar" and "Satisfaction."

The Stones' raucous encore featured "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash."

[Edited by moy]
October 31st, 2005 10:19 AM
moy

LAURA MORTON / THE SEATTLE TIMES
[Edited by moy]
October 31st, 2005 10:21 AM
moy Monday, October 31, 2005 - Page updated at 12:00 AM
Concert Review

Total satisfaction
By Patrick MacDonald
Seattle Times music critic

The Rolling Stones and their fans spent the night together closer than ever, Sunday at KeyArena.

Not since they played the old Center Arena 40 years ago have the Stones gotten as physically close to their fans here. Ingenious staging, with walkways that almost touched the seating areas, and a long, wide section that detached itself, moved through the middle of the crowd and attached itself to sections that made it grow even bigger, brought Mick Jagger and company within touching range of hundreds of concertgoers.

A huge video screen gave everyone a good view of the action onstage.

Opening with "Start Me Up," the timeless rock band played a generous selection of their biggest hits, some surprises and a few songs off the new "A Bigger Bang" album, which paled in comparisons to the classics.

The set built slowly, with "Shattered," "She's So Cold," "Tumbling Dice," "Ruby Tuesday," "Bitch" and others, all delivered strongly but straightfowardly.

Then, about an hour into the set, after Jagger did some of his finest singing in "Night Time Is The Right Time," a tribute to Ray Charles, and guitarist Keith Richards sang the deservedly obscure and aptly named "The Worst" and the new, equally weak "Infamy," the show took off.

On the detached stage, they started with "Miss You" and rocked "Get Off of My Cloud" and "Honky Tonk Women."

Review

The Rolling Stones, Mötley Crüe, Sunday night, KeyArena Jagger looked as thin as ever but more muscular. Richards seemed revitalized, less gray and wrinkly than before. Graying Charlie Watts was as perfect on drums, as always. The youngster in the band, Ron Wood, was overshadowed, as always.

They were aided by two additional musicians, four background singers and a four-piece horn section.

Perhaps Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crüe, known as Frank Ferranno growing up here in Seattle, was referring to that 1965 Arena concert when he said he couldn't get into a Stones show here when he was young because he had "a pocketful of joints."

"Tonight I got a pocketful of joints, and there ain't nothin' they can do about it!" he gloated.

The bad-boy band of the 1980s opened with a blistering hourlong set marked by pillars of fire — ignited to Tommy Lee's drumbeats — a dwarf in a monster costume and three leggy strippers.

Introduced as "The Masters of Disaster," they blasted off with "Shout At The Devil." Lead singer Vince Neil, in black and white leather, roamed the big stage. Black-clad Mick Mars, in a top hat with a skull and crossbones, long black coat and Frankenstein boots, moved little but was impressive on guitar.

Neil let loose a blue streak of expletives when a motorcycle sound effect malfunctioned during "Girls Girls Girls," but the rest of the set, including extended versions of "Dr. Feelgood" and "Same Old Song and Dance," went smoothly.

Patrick MacDonald: 206-464-2312 or [email protected]

[Edited by moy]
October 31st, 2005 02:57 PM
Martha Those photos are SUPERB!

I've GOT to get to another show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting them along with set and reviews.

Martha

October 31st, 2005 03:15 PM
Dan I wish I would have gone to this! Opted to stay home for Judas Priest/Rob Zombie/Anthrax which was sort of weak.
October 31st, 2005 03:53 PM
Poplar
good to see some pix of DJ
October 31st, 2005 06:15 PM
Martha Everybody looks great...I'm drooling over these photos!
October 31st, 2005 07:19 PM
beer It was a great show! Probably the best Stones show i've seen. I checked out the Mr. Lucky bar where the Shidoobee people were partying, the place was so packed and hot that i only stayed for about half hour then went into the arena. My wife and i found our seats while Motley Crue were playing and within 2 minutes of sitting down, a fight broke out between some Crue fans right next to us. One of them ended up landing on top of the people in front of us. It was crazy. The Crue were pretty funny, and their mulleted fans were out in full force.

Our seats were on the first level right on the side of the stage. It was the closest to the stage i've ever been. The Stones were loud and sounded good. From seeing the stage from the side i could see Blondie sitting down behind some stuff playing acoustic guitar during "She's So Cold" and "Shattered". I could also see Mick's teleprompter. But instead of scrolling the song lyrics for Jagger to read, it said something along the lines of "Hello Seattle, there's a lot of rich people in Seattle. Even Bill Gates is here tonight..." and that stayed on the screen from the beginning of the show til the end, but I don't know if Mick ever actually said it.

I'm not sure what song was my favorite but it was cool to see them play "Ruby Tuesday" and "Get Off My Cloud", which the crowd seemed to love.

-
[Edited by beer]
November 1st, 2005 03:26 AM
FotiniD
quote:
beer wrote:
I could also see Mick's teleprompter. But instead of scrolling the song lyrics for Jagger to read, it said something along the lines of "Hello Seattle, there's a lot of rich people in Seattle. Even Bill Gates is here tonight..." and that stayed on the screen from the beginning of the show til the end, but I don't know if Mick ever actually said it.

I absolutely HATE teleprompters.
To start with, if we can remember the lyrics to some eight hundred and nine songs, why can't their own creators remember them? And it's not as if the setlist changes all that much

Second of all - and the worst - does Mick need to READ lines? What is this, a gig or a theatrical play? For crying out loud... I wish they could break this habit, at least this tour around. Less rehearsed stuff, less "safe ground", less scripted performance. What, does it take a genius to understand that the essence of a rock gig is for it to be spontaneous and fresh? Written lines?!?

I could live with the exact same setlist if they decided to become less scripted.
November 1st, 2005 05:33 AM
corgi37 Dan - I find it funny. You have posted many times. This is a Stones site. They play near you.

And you go see Judas fucking Priest???? Surely there is a law that can see you hanged, drawn and quartered. There must be!

Oh, and Fossini - aint gonna happen. Sinatra used a prompter, why not Jagger? He's been using it since 89.
November 1st, 2005 06:18 AM
FotiniD
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Oh, and Fossini - aint gonna happen. Sinatra used a prompter, why not Jagger? He's been using it since 89.

I know it ain't gonna happen, but I still don't see the point of it. He's got a brain, why can't he use it?
November 1st, 2005 08:36 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
beer wrote:
I could also see Mick's teleprompter. But instead of scrolling the song lyrics for Jagger to read, it said something along the lines of "Hello Seattle, there's a lot of rich people in Seattle. Even Bill Gates is here tonight..." and that stayed on the screen from the beginning of the show til the end, but I don't know if Mick ever actually said it.

Keith's teleprompter reads "It's good to be back, it's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere" just in case he forgets it
November 1st, 2005 08:46 AM
FotiniD
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Keith's teleprompter reads "It's good to be back, it's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere" just in case he forgets it

Hahahaha, goody one Gerardo
November 1st, 2005 09:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some articles

http://www.thenewstribune.com/soundlife/story/5296797p-4803639c.html

This comes with audio article too

http://www.komotv.com/stories/40003.htm
November 1st, 2005 11:44 AM
Paranoid_Android What an AWESOME setlist...how do they do it?!? This is the best setlist of the entire tour!!!

I recall, that before the tour started...the Stones posted on their website a contest...for those of us lucky enough to afford $100.00 for a membership to the fan club...a contest. This contest was a FANTASY SETLIST kind of thing...I wonder who won that night?!? Who thought of a show this spectacular and original?!? That person is truely a winner in my eyes!!!

This should be the standard set for the entire tour...world piece would be assured if the heads of state all attended a Stones show like this!!!

Are you listening Kofi Annan?!?
November 1st, 2005 08:04 PM
Dan
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Dan - I find it funny. You have posted many times. This is a Stones site. They play near you.

From time to time.

quote:

And you go see Judas fucking Priest???? Surely there is a law that can see you hanged, drawn and quartered. There must be!

Actually Judas Priest was in Long Beach California, roughly a thousand miles. Even if it was the same day as say, the Hollywood Bowl show, I would have gone to see Priest anyway. What the hell, I havent seen them 23 times yet.
November 2nd, 2005 06:40 AM
corgi37 I havent seen them at all and my life aint over.

I say again: JUDAS FUCKING PRIEST????

Why not the Vapours? Or Jonah Lewis? Cinderella?

Anyway, all the best.

It IS good to be here.
November 2nd, 2005 05:33 PM
Dan
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I havent seen them at all and my life aint over.

I say again: JUDAS FUCKING PRIEST????

They are awesome live! Seen them 4 times (and various other Halford projects many more times

quote:

Why not the Vapours? Or Jonah Lewis?

Never heard of them

quote:

Cinderella?

Saw them open for AC/DC in 1988 and Poison in 2003 (that one was a comp ticket)

November 3rd, 2005 06:53 PM
DAVINO
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
What an AWESOME setlist...how do they do it?!? This is the best setlist of the entire tour!!!

Is EVERY show really the greatest? I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I mean really, how different are the shows? I saw Giants & Hershey and was very happy with the shows, but come on, this setlist is not THAT different from the others on this tour...
November 3rd, 2005 07:18 PM
Dan
quote:

Is EVERY show really the greatest?

What made this show great was the inclusion of Motley Crue on the bill. Unfortunately it wasnt their greatest setlist because it was only 9 songs and they didnt do anything off the first album

Shout at the Devil
Girls Girls Girls
Wildside
Don't Go Away Mad (Just go away)
Home Sweet Home
Primal Scream
Dr. Feelgood
Same Ol' Situation
Kickstart My Heart
November 4th, 2005 02:18 AM
beer Here are some videos from the show. I've only watched the Start Me Up vid so far and the Audio/visual is pretty shakey. Link was posted at Shidoobee.

http://worldperc.com/BiggerBang/mystery.shtml

-
November 4th, 2005 09:45 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
DAVINO wrote:

Is EVERY show really the greatest? I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I mean really, how different are the shows? I saw Giants & Hershey and was very happy with the shows, but come on, this setlist is not THAT different from the others on this tour...

You probobly missed the best song too...it's called...

SARCASM!!!!
November 4th, 2005 01:55 PM
DAVINO
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

You probobly missed the best song too...it's called...

SARCASM!!!!

AAH! I got you, I agree.
November 5th, 2005 01:28 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Dan - I find it funny. You have posted many times. This is a Stones site. They play near you.

Oh come on Corgster..... young Jay loves them. Fine british heavy metal stuff.... classic stuff, my buddy Moonie agrees. You must know their material man, their first albums of the 70's, and even classic stuff from the 80's like Hell Bent for Leather, British Steel.

Hey Dan, I've seen them in São Paulo, last September. One of the best Rock'n'Roll gigs I've attended. Ain't gonna forget it soon.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)