ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pacific Bell Park, San Francisco, Friday November 8, 2002
George Nikitin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Wyman at Harrods Signing. Return to archive
11-06-02 12:25 PM
Voodoo Femme Well, did someone mention my name? Hi everyone, been a bit busy with some projects the past few weeks.. Some great Bill content on the site of late. Just wondering why no one else has put forward their tales of Bill Wyman and his signing at Harrods on Monday? Perhaps there are more people from the States that are members here.. Certainly worth a journey to Knightsbridge, the book as yet I�m still reading in its entirety, sure it will be useful as a researchy type text like Bill�s Blues Odyssey. A true scrapbook feel with a wealth of info and great pics that goes way beyond pharmaceutics and accountancy, it�s really qualitative material.

In terms of Mondays experience, Wyman's entrance was only topped by the earlier arrival of Mr Fahd and Bill was serenaded by bagpipes in fine Stones/ Harrods tradition..? A couple of Rhythm Kings tracks in the background too, the unmistakable man made his entrance with Richard Havers; there were a couple of hundred people I�d say on their lunch break all queing. When I got my turn, Bill asked why I was there because I�ve known him for a good ten or so years. Modesty I think, but I wouldn�t miss being at an occasion which fits a bit of respect for his true talents, he has taken enough over time with the media and without a doubt has responded to rough periods with decorum and matter of fact dignity. Time would seem on his side too because he hasn�t aged that much since I can remember him, he was always careful about aesthetics including hair although not that vein.

Some stuff to catch up on because he�s just contributed to my forthcoming blues special article which has taken about six months to compile. Can�t say more as yet because it�s not out for a couple of weeks, but yes, he is a real researcher and quite formidable in his knowledge of bluesology and rock. The past few years have established a true identity for his music and shall we say diverse interests in autobio, archaeology, history. His confidence seems to have even improved in respect to flying..
11-06-02 01:30 PM
jb I am a little tired of Bill's self-adulation and current hair style.
[Edited by jb]
11-06-02 01:39 PM
Voodoo Femme Not consistent with all the views expressed here recently and a bit unnecessarily rude. We all get fed up with people in the media, but it is also useful to not always be negative and to see peoples' merits.
11-06-02 01:43 PM
jb I am sorry..nothing personal..however, he has made millions up millions due to the efforts of Mick and Keith, and he seems to go out of his way, particularly towards Keith, to make disparaging comments...He quit...nobody forced him out..