ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pacific Bell Park, San Francisco, Friday November 8, 2002
George Nikitin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Its definitely different on paper Return to archive
11-05-02 11:18 PM
Dan If I had seen the Wiltern setlist before hand, I would have cringed at the inclusion of Beast Of Burden over Worried About You or Heart Of Stone. Popular radio hit played on every 1978, 1981 and 1994 show. We all like it but given a choice...
But this version was at least equal to the Handsome Girls version (another small venue show) and Mick was SO into it, as well as the crowd.
I didnt make it to opening night in Boston so after the Staples and Edison shows I was SO glad to get Neighbors and Stray Cat Blues.
My mom LOVES the Stones but not like we do. So I was glad they played at least a few of the hits for her (she was there, I had to take her since she tried and couldnt score Staples tickets). My faves were Stray Cat Blues and Cant You Hear Me Knocking, hers seemed to be Thats How Strong My Love Is and Beast Of Burden.
I think the only two songs left on my want list are Sway and Wild Horses but of course if given time I could come up with more.
Anyway, enough rambling and back to enjoying the afterglow...