ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pacific Bell Park, San Francisco, Friday November 8, 2002
George Nikitin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Let's Talk Turkey (ssc) Return to archive
11-05-02 06:36 PM
Boomhauer From launch.com

NEWS - Moby Takes On Butterball Turkeys For PETA
11/05/2002

(11/5/02, 5 p.m. ET) -- Just in time for the holidays, Moby has aimed his political activism at one of the largest producers of Thanksgiving turkeys and is asking the public to join him.

The ever-controversial artist and known vegan has created a voice-mail message for animal-rights organization People for the Ethical Treatment Of Animals (PETA) that singles out the practices of ConAgra Foods, the makers of the Butterball turkey brand.

Moby says, "Hi, this is Moby for PETA's holiday hotline. Each year the Butterball turkey company sponsors a turkey talk line to answer questions about proper cooking techniques. Please join me in calling Butterball to let them know that there is no proper way to kill and cook these beautiful birds."

A spokesperson for ConAgra countered, telling LAUNCH, "We are committed to the humane treatment of animals. PETA has a track record of radical interpretations of the issues and this tactic does not surprise us."

Moby's message can be heard at 1-888-VEGFOOD.

For more information, check out Butterball.com and PETA.com.

-- Neal Weiss, Los Angeles

------------------------------------------------------
I hate Eminem, but I agree with him that Moby needs a punch. As Will Ferrell would say, "That little bastard!". BTW, who buys Moby records? Does anybody here own a Moby disc? And are you going to put your plans off on Thankgiving and eat *SOY* for the main course?

*waiting*

I thought so.

Ummmm, I love the left over turkey stuffed in PITA bread with some diced tomato, lettuce, and some parsley. Simpley delicious.

Thankgiving Rules! Family, friends, good food...........Stones tunes. Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I wonder if the guys are going to play "Flip the Switch" in Vegas after Thanksgiving? Ya know, "I had the turkey and the stuffin', too!"

[Edited by Boomhauer]
11-05-02 06:41 PM
sasca Well, there's no Thanksgiving down here but I am vegetarian. I don't want anything to suffer for my pleasure.
11-05-02 08:10 PM
Fiji Joe I guess that means you'll have to give up anal sex sasca...
11-05-02 09:22 PM
gypsymofo60 Fiji, I'd appreciate the return of the family snap ASAP. How you came to acquire our Christmas 72 family polaroid eludes me, but I find it embarrasing to say the least. A prompt return and nothing more will be said, thanks!
11-05-02 10:08 PM
beer I bet Moby has eaten some butterballs in his day.
Maybe he just doesn't like eating turkeys anymore... he probably loves eating cocks though. or pheasant. or grouse.
11-05-02 10:12 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
beer wrote:
I bet Moby has eaten some butterballs in his day.
Maybe he just doesn't like eating turkeys anymore... he probably loves eating cocks though. or pheasant. or grouse.

Like most vegetarians, his music reflects his pallour, anemic.
11-05-02 10:42 PM
sirmoonie Who is Moby?

Most of god's better works are lost on the likes of me, but I'll guarantee the only reason he put turkeys on this earth was for some form of mammal to kill them and eat them while swilling alcohol.
11-05-02 11:40 PM
Boomhauer Moby looks like James Carville; a dick.

BTW, am I the only one that thinks Paul Begala seems like that little dorky brother of one of your friends that you used to despise because they were annoying and always thought that they were right about everything.
What a choad.

Carville: I thank dat Al Goh would make dis wurl' a betteh place...........

A republican: well I think th........

Begala: No, no. You are completely right. Clinton should be worshipped.

A republican: Let me.........

Begala: By the way, why am I acting like an idiot?
11-05-02 11:41 PM
riffhard64 Moby..Dick...Dick...Dick