ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pacific Bell Park, San Francisco, Friday November 8, 2002
George Nikitin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vanity Fair Music Issue Return to archive
11-02-02 10:52 PM
FPM C10 Not sure you need to buy this one, but you do need to flip it open to the back third and grok the GREAT picture of the boys. It's an outtake from the 40 Licks photo session. Damn these guys still clean up good! Sure it's make-up and lighting, but still...

The caption:

The Gold Standard

The Rolling Stones

Rock 'n' Roll Band

20, 30 years ago , who would've thought that in 2002 half the Beatles would be gone while the Rolling Stones would once again be packing their kit and hitting the road, this time for their 15th North American tour? The band's 40th anniversary falls this year, and they've pushed the envelope on rock group obsolescence so far that even jokes about their age have gotten old. Said endurance is qall the more remarkable given that, well , you've read the stories too. What tribute hasn't been paid them during their remarkable run? Rather than attempt anything definitive, we offer random prostrations for miracles such as: the pissed-off proto-rapping on "Satisfaction" - "baby better come back / maybe next week / Cause you see I'm on a losing streak"); the silky, urbane opening of "Monkey Man", which may be the sexiest 30 seconds in rock & roll; much of Bridges To Babylon, their 1997 studio album, which includes some of their most musically adventurous and pleasurable work in decades; the fact that, from the look of things, they haven't had any work done.

11-03-02 11:08 AM
luxury1 Yes FPM--I just grinned ear to ear when I saw that spread. In fact, I brought it to a framing place and am having it mounted and framed for my new house--it is the BEST recent shot of the band I have ever seen--certainly captures their spirit(s).
ANd I am so hung over from this weekend, that typing this is hurting my head. I am going to go lay down now.
11-03-02 05:46 PM
mario FPM, can you pleaseeeee, post the photo? No ont'l newstand here, impossible to find a copy, but ev'yone mentions the pic ev'ywhere, dying to check it out. Please, if you got a chance to post, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks M.
11-03-02 07:50 PM
gypsy The bad thing about the pic is that it is two pages, with the spine right between/on Mick and Ronnie.
11-04-02 06:18 AM
luxury1 yeah, but my frame shop is carefully pasting it together for me before mounting it on a foam board--I'm picking it up today and will post the outcome. I don't have a scanner mario, or Iwould do it for you.
11-04-02 02:02 PM
gypsy I've got a scanner. I can do it for you later today. I just don't know how to post it here.
11-05-02 09:39 AM
mario Thnak you Luxury1. Gypsy, if you mail me it to: [email protected], I would much appreciate this. I went to Roseland, just got back 40 soem cool pics, care to see'emm anyone, I know is a little late. Gave Keith a scarf he wore at the end of the concert...

Happy days, M.
11-05-02 02:24 PM
jb i posted this weeks ago..the "poster" picture is incrdible..Keith has his hair really dyed beautifully and it looks great..Mick , as usual great, and Ronnie looks good..Charlies shirt is a little "conservative"...
11-05-02 09:48 PM
gypsy I'm sorry, I've been really busy today. But, I will scan it and email it to you tonight!
11-05-02 09:53 PM
Mother baby
quote:
jb wrote:
incrdible..Keith has his hair really dyed beautifully and it looks great..

What!!!!! since when did the Stones care about "cosmetics"?

(OH shit I know marijuana leads to heroine but does hair dyes lead to facelifts?)
11-06-02 11:35 AM
mario Thank you vey much Gypsy.
Mario