ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pacific Bell Park, San Francisco, Friday November 8, 2002
George Nikitin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hot Rocks was certified Diamond in USA (Multi-Platinum X 12) I am crying for the emotion Return to archive
11-02-02 11:39 AM
ranger In this page search in artist "Rolling Stones" and in Album "Hot Rocks"
http://www.riaa.com/Gold-Intro-2.cfm

Here is the Hot Rocks results
Your search returned 6 records. Artist Title Cert. Date Label Award Description Level Format Category Type

ROLLING STONES, THE HOT ROCKS 10/25/02 ABKCO Multi Platinum 12.0 ALBUM GROUP Standard

ROLLING STONES, THE HOT ROCKS 06/02/93 ABKCO Multi Platinum 6.0 ALBUM GROUP Standard

ROLLING STONES, THE HOT ROCKS 10/20/89 ABKCO Platinum ALBUM GROUP Standard

ROLLING STONES, THE HOT ROCKS 10/20/89 ABKCO Multi Platinum 5.0 ALBUM GROUP Standard

ROLLING STONES, THE HOT ROCKS 01/20/72 LONDON Gold ALBUM GROUP Standard

Return to G&P Search

I am so happy because is the first time in the Stones history what one album pass the 10 millons mark and his first DIAMOND award
11-02-02 11:41 AM
Moonisup Well that is alot!!

You see Exile sold more then 2 million copies!!

rIk
11-02-02 11:47 AM
ranger this is the list of the artists most selling in USA

Artist Certified Units
(in Millions)

01. BEATLES, THE 164.50
02. LED ZEPPELIN 105.00
03. BROOKS, GARTH 105.00
04. PRESLEY, ELVIS 102.00
05. EAGLES 84.00
06. JOEL, BILLY 77.00
07. PINK FLOYD 73.50
08. STREISAND, BARBRA 68.50
09. JOHN, ELTON 64.50
10. AEROSMITH 63.50
11. AC/DC 63.00
12. ROLLING STONES, THE 59.50
13. MADONNA 59.00
14. SPRINGSTEEN, BRUCE 58.50
15. JACKSON, MICHAEL 58.00
16. CAREY, MARIAH 53.00
17. HOUSTON, WHITNEY 52.00
18. ROGERS, KENNY 50.50
19. STRAIT, GEORGE 50.50
20. VAN HALEN 50.50

The Stones jump from 17 to 12 and Forty Licks still not was certified (Multi Platinum x2, I believe), like many Stones albums from the 60`s
11-02-02 12:01 PM
Moonisup Streisand and Elton above the stones

how sad that is
11-02-02 12:02 PM
Pants Make the Man Garth Brooks at #3 ? Billy Joel at #6 ? Hmmmm. You learn something new every day.
11-02-02 12:31 PM
2000 Man Yes, you do learn something new every day. Hopefully today everyone learned to quit listening to what Clear Channel and Infinity Broadcasting want to shove down your throat.

Find a station that plays NEW music by bands you haven't heard before, like a college radio station. Why would you listen to the same albums you have at home when you can hear something new?

Fuck classic rock. Fuck "extreme" music (What's extreme about playing Eminen when it's the number one selling album in the world?). There's great NEW music out there, and it's not hard to find.

That's all. Think I'll go listen to Apples In Stereo. Clear Channel has no idea who they are.
11-02-02 04:07 PM
sasca Agreed. Partly. I love listening to old music (and by old I mean Aftermath AND the music of Byzantium) and new. Unfortunately the bad and mediocre outways the good everywhere - I wonder what percentage of those Pink Floyd sales is from the Barrett years?
11-02-02 04:32 PM
Moonisup Garth behhhhhhhh

Garth fart
11-02-02 04:50 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
sasca wrote:
Agreed. Partly. I love listening to old music (and by old I mean Aftermath AND the music of Byzantium) and new. Unfortunately the bad and mediocre outways the good everywhere - I wonder what percentage of those Pink Floyd sales is from the Barrett years?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a good 75% or so of those sales come from Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, and The Wall. Which is kind of sad... my top two Floyd albums are Meddle and Obscured By Clouds, and Piper at the Gates of Dawn was the first album by them that I ever bought. Anyone else a fan of Meddle? "Fearless" reminds me of third album-era Zeppelin and a little bit of the Stones (because of the open G tuned guitars).

Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd, smiling
Merciless the magistrate turns 'round, frowning
And who's the fool who wears the crown
No doubt in your own way
And every day is the right day
And as you rise above the fear lines in his brow
You look down
Hear the sound of the faces in the crowd.

"Open G is the breakfast of champions, Ronnie!"
11-02-02 07:15 PM
lin I'd like to see a list of the top selling artists world wide, you can bet aerosmith wouldn't be on that list.
11-03-02 06:35 AM
Moonisup I don't think the list would be that different
just Garth and streisand will be out and spears in
11-04-02 03:39 PM
jb Page and Plant must be worth a gazillion dollars with those sales figures...Is it possible we will ever beat Aerosmith.
11-04-02 04:11 PM
lucasd4
quote:
jb wrote:
Page and Plant must be worth a gazillion dollars with those sales figures...Is it possible we will ever beat Aerosmith.

The Stones WILL beat Aersomith as soon as the old albums from the 60's get updated certifications....most of those albums are still certified gold even though they have sold millions...most of those 60's albums haven't been recertified since their initial release 30+ years ago
[Edited by lucasd4]