ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pacific Bell Park, San Francisco, Friday November 8, 2002
George Nikitin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Callous?...Who really cares? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11-04-02 02:32 PM
jb You never said that!
11-04-02 02:43 PM
Miss U. SS, you're a bully.
Plain & simple. Your reply to me where you called me yet more names is further proof of harassment.

Your M.O. is quite apparent. You have a habit of nominating yourself "the voice" of the board, and "the ruler" of the board...or even yet more absurd, "the peacemaker" of the board. I know this from all the time you wasted at Keno's, and now here.

Sad, sad, sad, but you're gonna be fine.
11-04-02 02:49 PM
jb SS has the best boot collection on any Stones site and he is willing to share!!! He is therefore hardly a bully.
[Edited by jb]
11-04-02 02:50 PM
sasca jb - I did say that! Look near the beginning of this thread for one.
11-04-02 02:52 PM
jb No, I was not replying to you!!! Whatever you said, I believe you!!!!
[Edited by jb]
11-04-02 02:55 PM
Fiji Joe Miss U...you have issues...and not just normal issues, you have deep-seeded, obsessive, Gary Coleman like issues...

SS is as cool as they come and will go out of his way to help people...at least sane people...So, you mess w/ SS, you messa wit da Fiji
11-04-02 03:01 PM
sasca Sorry, jb
11-04-02 03:17 PM
gypsy I suppose you could say SS has the same kind of hold over all of us that Brian has over you.
11-04-02 05:37 PM
Riffhard Oh God help me! I've been roped into this silly thread about an issue deader than Brian Hopkin Jones himself!

First of all sasca,I'm not a cronie of Sir Stonesalot. I consider him to be a friend but,that has nothing to do with why I side with him on this particular issue. The fact is this Brian petition just seems to be so selfserving.Why in the hell would the English authorities reopen that can of worms? Do you honestly think Scotland Yard gives a flying fuck that a few hundred Stones fans want to know all the long forgotten details concerning Brian's cause of death?! I mean c'mon now. If the Jones family had even the slightest interest in reexamining this case I have heard nothing of it. The family is content to leave Brian's death to the history books where it belongs.

While I'm sure that your angle on this whole thing is to seek justice for Brian,it still comes across as selfserving at best and flat out intrusive at worst. Let it go. He's gone and he ain't comin' back,and for that matter neither are many of the other players in this whole saga.

Riffhard
11-04-02 05:46 PM
sasca Well, that's fair enough. It's not the disagreement to which I object, it's the unpleasantness.
11-04-02 09:02 PM
gypsymofo60 OK! We've been courteous, and now dear sasca I'M..simply fucking bored witchya. You say I'm arguing for arguments sake..pots & kettles luvvy! As for the advice on the psychology book; a little knowlege is a dangerous thing, I have real time/real world experience,(I just don't like having to explain that every time I make a simple observation), know what I mean? Pompous pratt?.....More pots & kettles, at least I'm not a deluded, necrophiliac twat! I'm amazed people like you even bother to listen to The Stones post Beggars Banquet. Were you even alive when Brian bought the farm? Take a vali', pour yourself a nice stiff Jack, and stick Exile in the carousel, you will chill out, your posts will be far more coherent, and most importantly you will discover that there would always have been a Rolling Stones, with or without Brian. Let him rest in peace!.........The Doctor.
11-05-02 01:33 AM
Sir Stonesalot Hmmmm, I'm a bully....yeah, I'll buy that. But only when I see idiots post idiotic things. I've never jumped on anyone who wasn't being a complete whacko

Now, as for being "too pleased" with myself. There are different degrees of being pleased? OK, if you say so. Not for me, I'm either pleased, or I'm not. And yes indeed, I am pleased with myself. So what is your point? Are you saying that I'm like an egomaniac or something? Lemme tell ya bub, it ain't ego if ya can walk it like ya talk it. And I do just that. I'm a heavy hitter.

I've always been one of those people that fit in with all the cliques, both here and elsewhere. You know why? Because I'm a great guy. I'm fun to hang around with, and I got me a big ol' heart of gold. You know what I did tonight at work? I talked a guy out of killing his family and himself. I didn't have to do what I did...I could have passed the ball off to someone else. But I knew I could help. Now, if I were the kind of person that you insinuate that I am, would I have done that? There is no doubt in my mind that 4 lives continue tonight because of what I did. Because of who I am, I talked the guy into putting down his shotgun and go peacefully out to the State Troopers.

Now, you wanna tell me I'm too pleased with myself? Yeah God damned right I am, and I deserve to be pleased.

Unpleasantness. Man, you don't get out much do you? Your polite little post. Heh heh heh. Polite and ridiculous is more like it. You call scorn and ridicule abuse? Fuck man! Someone threatening to kick your teeth in is abuse. Someone you don't even know questioning your sanity ain't abuse...it's a titty twister, a noogie, a wet willie. It's nothing. You think the world is all nicey nice nice? It's not, not even close. I think you need some thicker skin man.

You keep trying to tell me that I don't know what harrassment is. I keep telling you I KNOW EXACTLY what harassment is. Your interpretation is ummmmm...a very liberal(not political liberal)interpretation of the word. I stick to what the law says harrassment is. There isn't a magistrate in the world who would consider anything that has happened to either you or Brenda as "har(r)assment". Period. So pick a different word. What is really happening is that you are being annoyed. You are annoyed because most everyone here thinks your petition is silly, and let you know it in no uncertain terms. Boo Hoo.

On the family issue...I'm not gonna bother explaining it. It's been explained to death. You just don't want to see it. So what is the point in explaining it for the tenth or twentieth time?

I haven't distorted anything that you've said. Perhaps my interpretation isn't what you were shooting for, but I can't read your mind, I can only read your words. You say my "distortions" are obvious to outside people? Poppycock. How come all these other people on this thread are having a hard time understanding your "meaning" as well? I'm telling you, the way you write things leaves room for misunderstanding. That is not my fault.

I've said all along that you could stop this nonsense any ol' time. I bear no grudge against you. Just stop posting about this. It is so fucking simple. I'm not saying go away, or never post about anything ever again, just let this issue go. Every time I offer to end this, you come back with another post. THAT, my friend, is definately the same as saying "nyah nyah na nyah nyah". I promise ya, if you stop posting about this issue, I won't say another word about it. It will be over and done. Past tense. But if you wanna keep stammering and sputtering on, I'll be more than happy to oblige you.

I learned long ago over at Gasx3 that Brenda is a nutty fruitcake. She has less than zero cred because we all KNOW how fucking whacked she is. I've tried being nice. Honest I did. In fact, I've gotten a bunch of flack off board about being to easy on her...giving her the benefit of the doubt, and such. I mean, she's just one of those crazy people that you encounter sometimes. She can say whatever she wants about me. I don't care. Anything that tumbles out of her head is just...well...of no meaning. There's nothing but insanity to back up her words, so no one takes her seriously. She can rant and rave and flail about all she wants. In fact, I'll bet there is a big segment of the board population that WANTS her to blow a gasket and have a big ol' meltdown. Now THAT is entertainment!
11-05-02 01:43 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh yeah, one other thing.

I wasn't spelling harassment right. I just got lucky that the old dictionary at work had that accepted spelling in it. I haven't found it in any other dictionary that I have.

11-05-02 05:12 AM
gypsymofo60 Sir stones is Kevin Spacey!!!!!!! What was that film called?-Ahhhh yes! The Negotiator. Seriously though Stonesy that was abrave thing to do, and if that is what you do, day in, day out, I tip my hat!........Rock on!
11-05-02 02:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, I can't say that situations like that one occur frequently. However, we do train constantly so we are prepared to handle the situation when it happens.

Sadly, we don't win every time. I have listened to people die. You do what you can, give CPR instructions, try to keep people calm...but honestly, what you can do over a telephone is limited. You have to think fast, and have the courage and conviction to make the person on the other end of the line listen to you. Sometimes you pull it off, sometimes you don't.

I'm pretty philosophical about it. I do everything in my power to save the situation, and if that isn't enough, well, then the situation just wasn't able to be salvaged. Not be me, or anyone. You know, when it's time, it's time.

The reason that I brought this up wasn't to "toot my own horn". It was to illustrate that I am a supremely confident person for a reason. If certain people want to interpret my confidence as "ego", that's fine by me. They have no idea who I am or what I am all about. They are just faceless names on a message board.

I guess this is a concept that sasca and Brenda have never grasped. For the most part, we are all just anon cyberhandles. Why anyone whom I don't know would give 2 shits what I have to say about anything is beyond me. Why they get so outraged that I would "abuse" them is just nuts! Why the fuck would they care? You know what I mean?
11-05-02 02:48 PM
parmeda Sweety...that's why you wear the armor, and we don't.
11-05-02 02:49 PM
jb SS...God bless you..to save 4 lives is more important than any of the bull-shit going on here....this is suppose to be fun and not taken too seriously...it is real life events, which you described, that really matter.
11-05-02 03:23 PM
sasca Perhaps surprisingly, I agree with most of Sir SaL�s last post. I still think you were gratuitously unpleasant. My later posts may have not been my finest work either.
Gm60 - I don't think you were courteous but my last post to you was excessive. I've lived with OCD most of my life and I can get a little touchy about it.
I think that anyone impartial who reads this thread will understand me and agree with me more than either of you do. Remember also that in the original thread there were several people who were interested in hearing of the petition.
I agree that there is far more to life than this. I admire what you did for that family. Like you, I do far more than just write on this board.

I doubt we'll ever agree so let's just put it behind us. 'Cos that's the way for us to get along.
11-05-02 05:15 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
jb wrote:
SS...God bless you..to save 4 lives is more important than any of the bull-shit going on here....this is suppose to be fun and not taken too seriously...it is real life events, which you described, that really matter.

Well said JB!.....A little reality check like SS gave us with his post was just what this thread needed. Life for the living in 2002, or continued donning the darkened robes, and walking the hills for the departed of 1969 seems ludicrous. Live long and prosper.
11-05-02 05:29 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
sasca wrote:
Perhaps surprisingly, I agree with most of Sir SaL�s last post. I still think you were gratuitously unpleasant. My later posts may have not been my finest work either.
Gm60 - I don't think you were courteous but my last post to you was excessive. I've lived with OCD most of my life and I can get a little touchy about it.
I think that anyone impartial who reads this thread will understand me and agree with me more than either of you do. Remember also that in the original thread there were several people who were interested in hearing of the petition.
I agree that there is far more to life than this. I admire what you did for that family. Like you, I do far more than just write on this board.

I doubt we'll ever agree so let's just put it behind us. 'Cos that's the way for us to get along.

Sasca, OCD(a by product of a greater problem), is not only something I've often dealt with on a day to day basis, it is something rife in my own family, making light of it is hardly the same as taking the piss out of someone with a severe physical, or mental disorder; even when a severe mental disorder may produce,(in some cases OCD.)So if I make light of OCD, I make light of my own family. If it upset you to a great extent, I apologise. I thought you were being as irrelevant as I was. As you say, Time to put this issue to bed. GypsyM60. P.S. The courteous crack was a little reference to a line in 'Performance', I often do that, just my silly ways, nothing personal.
11-05-02 05:31 PM
sasca
11-05-02 05:33 PM
gypsymofo60 Stupid me! The word irrelevant in that last post- should have read, IRREVERANT, sorry!
11-05-02 05:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot Thanks for the kind words y'all.

sasca, once you have been around here a little longer, you will find that I'm not the nasty ogre you think I am. I was certainly unpleasant...I meant to be, but I didn't even get near my worst. I can be one of the nastiest assholes on the face of the planet. Thankfully, I don't do that very often...I don't have to.

Most people, when they post an unpopular theme here, get the message rather quick. You didn't. We had to blather on and on and on. Like I said a zillion times, post whatever you want. Just be ready to take some heat. Thick skin helps on these boards...why do you think I wear chain mail & armour?! And for goodness sake, stop being so darn serious. You'll enjoy this place a lot more once you get the stick out of your ass.

Brenda calls it being a bully...I call it "tough love".

So let's shake hands and move on.

11-05-02 05:57 PM
gypsymofo60 You're welcome KEV!
11-05-02 06:00 PM
gypsymofo60 While we're on the subject of 'tales of the unexpected', who here really believes Keith went SKI_ING in Switzerland in the 70s? Hahahahahahahahahaha-oh my sides are still hurting over that one! Can you picture it? WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Page: 1 2 3