ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pacific Bell Park, San Francisco, Friday November 8, 2002
George Nikitin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Review, setlist and pix from STAPLES Center Return to archive
11-01-02 01:52 AM
Jaxx just got a call from gazza inside the Staples Center. the setlist so far consists of:

Street Fighting Man
Its Only Rock and Roll
If You Can't Rock Me
Dont Stop
Monkey Man
Love in Vain
Loving Cup
Rocks Off
Rips This Joint
Tumblin' Dice
Slipping Away
11-01-02 02:52 AM
Jaxx part II live from inside the Staple Center. thanks to gazza and friends:

Before They Make Me Run
Start Me Up
Love Train
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Honky Tonk Woman
Satisfaction
b stage
Mannish Boy
You Got Me Rocking
Brown Sugar
Encore
Jumping Jack Flash
11-01-02 01:41 PM
Gazza thanks for posting the setlist, Jaxx and hi everyone from L.A.

Just time for a quick review - thought we were gonna get a Let It Bleed theme when we got Monkey Man and Love In Vain back to back, but even tho I saw them play the Exile set in NYC, getting it again was only a MINOR disappointment I guess!

Personal highlights were CYHMK, Monkey man and the afore mentioned Love in vain. my 24th stones show and the 1st time I've seen them play it. gorgeous, as was ronnie's solo and the beautiful 'freeway' video montage accompanying it. Dont Stop was another highlight, a song which seems to have improved with every performance as the tour goes on.
11-01-02 02:01 PM
sirmoonie Gazza, are you doing an LA Trifecta? Are you heading up to San Fran after LA?

See any Rocker/Gassers out there?

God, I wish I was there. I would literally kill Art Garfunkel to be out there seeing my band.

11-01-02 02:37 PM
BrianH They tore up Staples last night! and yeah
hearing Love In Vain was fantastic..and Ronnie on
CYHMK was hot..they have that song down-IMHO!
I thought BS on the B-stage was great also--Bobby Keys
was excellent-
B
11-01-02 06:35 PM
Jaxx tho love in vain is a cover, its one of my very favorites. i hope they "do it" for me in denver.
11-02-02 01:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

11-02-02 01:41 PM
Dan Why didnt anyone tell me Gazza was gonna be there? Would have loved to have met you.
11-02-02 08:16 PM
moy more pix

[Edited by moy]
11-02-02 11:25 PM
rogerriffin anybody can tell me, In which song mick used that mask?
[Edited by rogerriffin]
11-03-02 01:09 AM
Fiji Joe I believe it was Street Fighting Man...the opener
11-03-02 03:22 PM
Gazza Moonie/Dan

I only decided to go a couple of weeks ago,it was still in doubt even until last week so planning-wise it's been quite chaotic!!..so, sorry if we missed you guys or anyone else.. it was great to meet up with Martha (a great tour guide!!), MRD8, JoeyB and several other folks who I didnt know previously, such as Tim (Seersuckersuit) from Doug's board who kindly gave me a place to crash!

I'm not doing Wiltern as I didnt have an outlet for tickets for that one and I have no more time off work after this until february! I'm leaving LA Monday - home on Tuesday
[Edited by Gazza]
11-04-02 09:32 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Personal highlights were CYHMK, Monkey man and the afore mentioned Love in vain. my 24th stones show and the 1st time I've seen them play it.

On the other side of the coin, I've seen them play it twice in my last 5 shows (Toronto'02, Toronto'97 - as the webpoll choice! Luck...? It's amazing, Gazza, that's it's taken 24 shows.
11-04-02 02:17 PM
jb That's a tremendous trip Gazza....You deserve a lot of credit flying transatlantic given the current environment.
11-04-02 02:26 PM
Gazza Financial environment in my case!! Aaargh!!

Did you mean because of terrorism or something?? Nah - once you let those bastards dictate your travel plans and your day to day life, then they've beaten you psychologically, mate....!! Fuck 'em.....
11-04-02 02:47 PM
jb Yeah...I am a bit fearful of flying...I went to Atlanta show, but it was only 45 minute flight from West Palm Beach and I was still sweating profusely... I am planning on MSG in 03...My wife is flying and I am probably going to take Amtrak and leave 2 days earlier.
[Edited by jb]