ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Get well George!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ANOTHER MJ article- MicK Jagger is Rolling Solo Return to archive
10-27-01 03:11 PM
Jaxx i just love pre-album hype, donchu?

Toronto Star

Mick Jagger is Rolling Solo
With a new album and two movies the singer shows no sign of slowing down
Vit Wagner
POP MUSIC CRITIC

Mick Jagger wasn't in New York when the World Trade Center collapsed on Sept. 11, but a substantial chunk of his heart was. And not only because the English rock star has called Manhattan home at various times in his life.

"My daughter, Elizabeth, was living 15 blocks from the World Trade Center," said Jagger, during a phone interview yesterday. "She was going to work. And she's only 17. I couldn't get hold of her for the whole day because all the phone lines went out.

"In the end it took me the whole day to get a hold of her. It was really worrying, even though I knew the chances were that she was fine. But it was a really harrowing day."

Jagger, 58, was in France at the time, preparing to leave for Toronto International Film Festival to promote his acting role in The Man From Elysian Fields. He also produced another festival entry, Michael Apted's World War II drama about code breakers, Enigma. From Toronto, he intended to go to New York, but plans were overtaken by events.

"There were very little in the way of flights," he said. "And the whole system was up in the air at that point."

Jagger returned to New York for Saturday night's "Concert For New York City" at Madison Square Garden, joining other pop stars such as Paul McCartney, David Bowie and Eric Clapton for a six-hour telethon to benefit victims of the Sept. 11 attack. The floor seats nearest the stage were donated to 6,000 firefighters, police officers, rescue workers and the survivors of uniformed men and women who died during the WTC attack.

"It was poignant and it was funny and it was sad and it was everything like that," Jagger said. "And it was the biggest audience of uniformed men that I've every played for. I'm ready to entertain the troops now."

During the concert, Jagger was joined unexpectedly on the Madison Square Garden stage by Rolling Stones cohort Keith Richards for renditions of two of the legendary band's songs, "Salt Of The Earth" and "Miss You."

"It was also fun to have everyone together like that," Jagger said. "Keith said it was like the 1965 NME (New Musical Express) Poll Winners concert, which was kind of like a rock magazine's end-of-term party that we all used to play at.

"I don't think I've been on the bill with Paul McCartney since one of those. In fact, the last time we ever did that was the last show the Beatles ever did, which was the 1967 NME Poll Winners concert. It was their last gig."

Jagger has no firm plans to go back on the road to promote his new solo album, due out Nov. 20, but he did hint at the possibility of a Rolling Stones reunion sometime next year.

Goddess In The Doorway, Jagger's fourth as a solo artist and his first since 1993's Wandering Spirit, features a slew of high-profile cameos, with U2's Bono lending his voice to "Joy," Matchbox 20's Rob Thomas co-writing and singing backing vocals on "Visions Of Paradise" and Lenny Kravitz producing, co-authoring and playing on "Good Gave Me Everything." Also pitching in were Wyclef Jean, who produced "God Gave Me Everything," and guitarists Pete Townshend of the Who and Joe Perry of Aerosmith, both of whom played on a couple of tracks.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.