ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Get well George!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Joy and Brand New Set of Rules-2 new mick tracks Return to archive
10-24-01 11:14 AM
Bob Tamp Has anybody heard these 2 sound clips? I cant hold out much longer. I already love the other 3.
10-24-01 03:54 PM
Miss U. No.
10-24-01 04:25 PM
KeepRigid Joy:

One fan compared it to Saint of Me, but I don't hear it- other than the fact he mentions Jesus Christ and it has a dance beat feel when it kicks in.

It has some nice guitars that drive the verses, as the song builds. For some reason, I was reminded of the driving acoustics at the beginning of Street Fighting Man (on Stripped)- although they're not that pronounced.

Brand New Set of Rules:

Nice smooth ballad, with Mick singing the lines slowly and clearly. The verses are sung similiar to Already Over Me, with a stronger melody underneath.

So obviously, this one is closer to a Stones ballad than Visions of Paradise.

It is, however, almost identical to Already Over Me in the way he sings the last line before the chorus.

For example:

AOM- "I've been hurt...I've been used-"

BNSOR- "Because I am...your brand new fool-"
10-24-01 05:33 PM
Ned Kelly How do I hear them?
10-24-01 07:44 PM
Bob Tamp well, well, well,
first off thanks go out to stonesdoug, et others for providing me with samples of Joy and Brand New Set of Rules.
BEING A LONG TIME STONES FAN, THESE SOUND LIKE CLASSICS. GREAT ACCOUSTIC GUITAR AND VOCAL IN JOY. COULD HAVE BEEN ON STICKY FINGERS-GREAT, GREAT GREAT, THE OTHER 3 TRACKS I HAVE HEARD ARE GOOD, BUT THIS IS MAGIC.
BRAND NEW SET OF RULES COULD ALSO HAVE FIT ON EXILE, IT DOES SOUND A LITTLE LIKE ALREADY OVER ME, BUT THE ACCOUSTIC GUITAR IS MESHING IN WITH A BLUESY BACK BEAT WHICH IS REMINICIENT OF A MODERN DAY LOVE IN VAIN. THIS ONE IS MAGIC TOO. CAN'T WAIT TO BE AT TOWERS RECORDS MIDNIGHT, 11-19-01
FOR THE ALBUM.
CALL THIS MUSIC WUSSY. B.S. THESE 2 TRACKS SOUND AS AUTHENTIC AS MICK HAS EVER EVER EVER DONE, AND I AM A HUGE CRITIC.
10-24-01 08:35 PM
Robert Schneeweiss Bob,

I like the sound of the description you provided. Fit onto Sticky Fingers and Exile respectively? Well all right!
10-24-01 11:39 PM
Ned Kelly Let's hear it.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.