ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Get well George!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: QUESTION: Is it just me or..... Return to archive
10-22-01 10:48 AM
Jaxx does Elton John's tune "I Want Love" sound suspiciously like "Out of Tears"?

i guess i'm in an "elton john bashing state of mind"
10-22-01 02:30 PM
Gazza Never thought about that but now you come to mention it...

it kinda does actually!!
10-22-01 09:48 PM
Child of the Moon I noticed that, too. It also has a sound reminiscent of the Beatles' "Free As a Bird." The drums and all that...

Well, at least it's not a bad song.
10-23-01 12:13 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
I noticed that, too. It also has a sound reminiscent of the Beatles' "Free As a Bird." The drums and all that...

Too ironic, Child of the Moon...I saw the video last night and did hear the Out of Tears similarities as Jaxx noted. However, the additional song, or at least the instrumental attributes of an additional song, I heard was Real Love - the other Beatles' new track from the Anthologies.

On a side note, speaking of the Beatles, can anyone justify a recommendation to purchase George's re-mastered/released ALL THINGS MUST PASS? I picked up the vinyl copy for my dad for Christmas and am pondering purchasing the CD version for myself based on feedback (thanks!).
10-23-01 09:16 PM
Prodigal Son Damn, you were thinking the same thing Steve?! I thought it sounds closely to "Free as a Bird." Elton running out of originality? Oh wait, he has been out of gold for 25 years! HAW! Sounds like a fat, grunting mule these days. Better than Daltrey though.
"I'd gladly lose me to find you, i'd gladly give up all I have."

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.