ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, 6th November 2006
© Chris Stewart
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2007 Dates? Return to archive
4th November 2006 04:47 PM
speedfreakjive Is anyone here expecting any 2007 dates?

i for one would welcome a return to Europe next summer
4th November 2006 05:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Is anyone here expecting any 2007 dates?

I should fuckin' hope so!

Expect a confirmation of the first batch of dates within the next month. Just in time to persuade thousands of people that it might be worth renewing their fan club memberships, most of which will be expiring around that time

Up to three months of shows in Europe covering roughly the same period as the original schedule for this year (late May - late August) - with Wembley Stadium at or towards the end of the tour. It will probably be a mixture of stadium shows and arena shows (hopefully with a couple of theatre gigs, although I wont be holding my breath)

Promoters in Poland and Spain have already publicly confirmed that they have secured promotional rights to staging Stones shows in their respective countries next summer.

There will probably also be a small number of Asian shows in the spring - India, Thailand etc. Seems odd though that theyd regroup and go all that way just for a week of shows, though so maybe there'll be a few shows elsewhere. South America certainly was undersold this year in terms of concerts (only 3) so hopefully they will get a return visit.
4th November 2006 11:06 PM
tumbled Is Europe over last year's insantiy yet?
5th November 2006 01:27 AM
robpop South America will sell good. Probably the best Stones market in the world.

Past discussions on this board accused certian US markets as not being a "Stones city" anymore. Sadly, there are no more "Stones cities" in the US.
[Edited by robpop]
5th November 2006 07:07 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I should fuckin' hope so!

Expect a confirmation of the first batch of dates within the next month. Just in time to persuade thousands of people that it might be worth renewing their fan club memberships, most of which will be expiring around that time

Up to three months of shows in Europe covering roughly the same period as the original schedule for this year (late May - late August) - with Wembley Stadium at or towards the end of the tour. It will probably be a mixture of stadium shows and arena shows (hopefully with a couple of theatre gigs, although I wont be holding my breath)

Promoters in Poland and Spain have already publicly confirmed that they have secured promotional rights to staging Stones shows in their respective countries next summer.

There will probably also be a small number of Asian shows in the spring - India, Thailand etc. Seems odd though that theyd regroup and go all that way just for a week of shows, though so maybe there'll be a few shows elsewhere. South America certainly was undersold this year in terms of concerts (only 3) so hopefully they will get a return visit.

thanks for the info.

I would put a lot of effort into securing Arena / Theatre tickets! Although Twickenham this August was excellent, I would like to see them in more intimate surroundings - provided it isn't the Manchester MEN Arena, where the sound and performance was below par in 2003.
5th November 2006 02:05 PM
Bitch Thanks Gazza for the update - ahead of a "formal announcement" from RS.com, they are always the last to provide information! So if all goes well for the STONES, Europe next summer it is! I will wait till the very last minute before making any travel plans, just in case of another round of rehab, illness, accidents, cancellations or postponements. Its like the Stones who cried wolf, it's getting harder and harder to actually believe in them pulling it off anymore. But they did promise to play some of the cancelled shows in Europe, and it seems they want to make good on their promises.
5th November 2006 04:00 PM
jostorm tumbled wrote: Is Europe over last year's insanity yet?

Well, I can only speak for an infinitesimal part of Europe,of course, but the most likely answer to this question is:
NO !!!!

I will, however, take orders for t-shirts (design and colour scheme to be announced shortly) saying:
"Rolling Stones/Europe 2007
THE NO FUCKING EXPECTATIONS TOUR" on the front
(with a slightly modified Stones lip-logo blowing a gale-force10 raspberry underneath)

back of t-shirt will just have this text:

I lost all my money on flights and hotels for the following concerts:

Date/ Town
-----------------------------

The t-shirt will come with a black fabric-fast marker each.
Retail price 25£ or 50$ each (pen included)
[Edited by jostorm]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)