ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, 6th November 2006
© Chris Stewart
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Heroin Relapses? Return to archive
4th November 2006 02:48 PM
StarvinMarvin I remember reading somewhere that Keith was dabbling with heroin again around the tuime of Bridges to Babylon. Can anyone verify if this is true? If it is, it might help explain why Keith's physical decline became evident at around that time
4th November 2006 03:07 PM
Dan
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:
I remember reading somewhere that Keith was dabbling with heroin again around the tuime of Bridges to Babylon. Can anyone verify if this is true?

What do you mean verify? Did someone here hook him up?

4th November 2006 03:12 PM
Reptile He did say in interviews someone brought some backstage, he tried some, and it only gave him tickles, that was all.
4th November 2006 04:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:
I remember reading somewhere that Keith was dabbling with heroin again around the tuime of Bridges to Babylon. Can anyone verify if this is true? If it is, it might help explain why Keith's physical decline became evident at around that time

he specifically stated it himself in a fans' "Q&A" style interview in Q magazine in 1998. His response was basically along the lines of what Reptile says above ("it did nothing for me")

I dont think he was in physical decline at all in that tour, certainly not as far as drugs are concerned. If anything, he probably needed some heroin by the end of the tour due to the pain his back must have been in because of carrying Woody for a year and a half.

His arthritis started giving him problems around that time, though - although not to the extent that appears to be the case today. I wouldnt doubt that he's been partial to the occasional 'dabble' at various times in the last 25 years or so.
[Edited by Gazza]
4th November 2006 04:54 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Dan wrote:

What do you mean verify? Did someone here hook him up?

Chinese Rocks?
4th November 2006 08:11 PM
sweetcharmedlife Haven't we all "dabbled" a bit in the last 25 years?
4th November 2006 08:23 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
Haven't we all "dabbled" a bit in the last 25 years?

I didn't think that heroin was a wagon one could get on and off of. But, as he has generally in the arena of human health, Keith seems to have proved otherwise!
4th November 2006 09:31 PM
scratched I remember reading the Q article and he stated that someone brought a 'taste' for him backstage somewhere at the beginning of the tour. He said that it gave him none of the high and all of the things he did't like about it, ie sweating and nausea. Like Gazza, I think that he continues to dabble every now and then.

Recently, for more medicinal purposes he has stated that he was pumped full of morphine by doctors after 'falling from his perch'. I hope this hasn't started him off again!
4th November 2006 10:57 PM
Paranoid_Android This type of thread is really of the most tasteless type...as if any info on here , for this type of subjec, would be accurate...Do you think anyone with any REAL first hand info would actualy volenteer it HERE?!?

YOU ( we ) need to put this to an end...
4th November 2006 11:35 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
This type of thread is really of the most tasteless type...as if any info on here , for this type of subjec, would be accurate...Do you think anyone with any REAL first hand info would actualy volenteer it HERE?!?

YOU ( we ) need to put this to an end...

Not true. I have read far more tastless thread's then this. As far as my earlier "dabble" comment, it was a joke, and I wasn't necessarily talkin about the H.
If I must be serious for half a second, obviously, I wish Keith nothing but the best of health, and I hope, for his own sake that he has once and for all gotten the "monkey man" off his back.
[Edited by sweetcharmedlife]
5th November 2006 05:03 AM
pdog
quote:
scratched wrote:
Like Gazza, I think that he continues to dabble every now and then.

Gazza is on junk!
NOOOOOoooooooooo!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)