ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, 6th November 2006
© Chris Stewart
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fan Asylum For AC!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd November 2006 12:37 PM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Ha! Have you spent enough quality time with the likes of this bunch on this board????

Three would be an insult, lmao

Excessive drinking is bad ...it causes weight gain, bad skin tone , wrinkles, potential liver problems, and ultimately is a depressant.
3rd November 2006 12:38 PM
Saint Sway were the cheese puffs warm?
3rd November 2006 12:40 PM
jostorm Thanks, LJ, for clarifying that FA is a con and a feeble excuse to make even more bucks by RS Inc (separate they may be, but RS gets a cut!)

jb: if you have decided to live amongst the few % of the world's population who get an erection out of having your toilet paper folded into an exact triangle at the Mandarin and love bragging about it, then good for you, enjoy it while it lasts!. Just bear in mind that there are other people who perhaps a) cannot afford this lifestyle and b) prefer to wipe their arse with bogpaper that has NOT been fingered by anyone else's hands beforehand.... I mean, it's not that hygienic, when you think about it...

So, yes, Gazza, it's a fucking rip-off, and you're officially in charge of all my tickets to all concerts henceforth forthwith......

Nellcote:
[Edited by jostorm]
3rd November 2006 12:45 PM
pdog If I was rich enough, I'd pay people to wipe my ass... When it's your money, you earned it, you can do whatever you want with it!
3rd November 2006 12:45 PM
jb
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Thanks, LJ, for clarifying that FA is a con and a feeble excuse to make even more bucks by RS Inc (separate they may be, but RS gets a cut!)

jb: if you have decided to live amongst the few % of the world's population who get an erection out of having your toilet paper folded into an exact triangle at the Mandarin and love bragging about it, then good for you, enjoy it while it lasts!. Just bear in mind that there are other people who perhaps a) cannot afford this lifestyle and b) prefer to wipe their arse with bogpaper that has NOT been fingered by anyone else's hands beforehand.... I mean, it's not that hygienic, when you think about it...

So, yes, Gazza, it's a fucking rip-off, and you're officially in charge of all my tickets to all concerts henceforth forthwith......

Nellcote:
[Edited by jostorm]

For me it's a good deal...and I am well aware of others less fortunate. That is why for the past two(2) tours, i have bought tickets for several people less fortunate. By the way, I earned my money and was not born into it, so I dam well know about struggling. I don't take it for granted.
3rd November 2006 12:47 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I DID enjoy my custom Tee and tour of Stage.

Little consolation for the promise of Soundcheck.

LJ.

I know it's crazy but I think I would enjoy this more than the soundcheck since I've heard a couple of soundchacks but to tour the stage would be something new.
3rd November 2006 12:48 PM
Saint Sway can anyone confirm if the crackers they served with the cheese were Ritz or Saltines
3rd November 2006 01:25 PM
jostorm I'm not attacking you,jb, you don't owe me any explanations, we're not in court.
But, to take you up on only one of your points, one attribute you certainly do NOT possess is "sensitivity towards those around you less fortunate than you".
Or, if you possess it, you keep it well hidden, and it hasn't come across very well in your last 72000 posts...
Sensitivity you either have or you don't. It's like freckles. Or breeding. Or class. And it has nothing to do with money.
You may be a good person, I have no reason to think otherwise, I don't know you, but your posts are always pointing out "pricetags". I generally ignore it, you must just feel horrendously insecure in your tribe,and constantly have to reinforce your "worth", not my problem, really. But personally, I found your posts in the original thread about Beacon quite insensitive. I know I'm a woman and we tend to see things a bit too much from the emotional side, but nevertheless!
The ONE occasion when the Stones "seem to give something back to the fan" by charging tickets at 35$ and 50$, and everyone is quietly dreaming about getting in, you immediately shout towards glencar "Great, I'm in! I'll pay up to 10000$ for one of those, my concierge blabla....."
Good for you! But it's insensitive. It just makes me cringe, that's all. It may not make anyone else cringe, it may just be me, but it makes me cringe just the same.
And now that you have raised the subject, I say it.
So, there it is.

Have a good weekend, everyone!
3rd November 2006 01:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Excessive drinking is bad ...it causes weight gain, bad skin tone , wrinkles, potential liver problems, and ultimately is a depressant.

Keith seems pretty fucking happy to me!
3rd November 2006 01:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
If I was rich enough, I'd pay people to wipe my ass...

The very visual of that has just made me shudder uncontrollably
3rd November 2006 01:33 PM
jb
quote:
jostorm wrote:
I'm not attacking you,jb, you don't owe me any explanations, we're not in court.
But, to take you up on only one of your points, one attribute you certainly do NOT possess is "sensitivity towards those around you less fortunate than you".
Or, if you possess it, you keep it well hidden, and it hasn't come across very well in your last 72000 posts...
Sensitivity you either have or you don't. It's like freckles. Or breeding. Or class. And it has nothing to do with money.
You may be a good person, I have no reason to think otherwise, I don't know you, but your posts are always pointing out "pricetags". I generally ignore it, you must just feel horrendously insecure in your tribe,and constantly have to reinforce your "worth", not my problem, really. But personally, I found your posts in the original thread about Beacon quite insensitive. I know I'm a woman and we tend to see things a bit too much from the emotional side, but nevertheless!
The ONE occasion when the Stones "seem to give something back to the fan" by charging tickets at 35$ and 50$, and everyone is quietly dreaming about getting in, you immediately shout towards glencar "Great, I'm in! I'll pay up to 10000$ for one of those, my concierge blabla....."
Good for you! But it's insensitive. It just makes me cringe, that's all. It may not make anyone else cringe, it may just be me, but it makes me cringe just the same.
And now that you have raised the subject, I say it.
So, there it is.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

I resent this and there are plenty of people here who should speak up and set the record straight. I am highly offended by this.
3rd November 2006 01:38 PM
LadyJane Jo...JB is a self made man.

He came from NOTHING and most of his routine is tongue and cheek.

He has been very generous to many on the Boards and has been a WONDERFUL friend to me, personally.

It's easy to fall into the "anti-jb" club but most, once they have met him, are totally in his corner.

Just telling it like I see it.

LJ.
3rd November 2006 01:40 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Jo...JB is a self made man.

He came from NOTHING and most of his routine is tongue and cheek.

He has been very generous to many on the Boards and has been a WONDERFUL friend to me, personally.

It's easy to fall into the "anti-jb" club but most, once they have met him, are totally in his corner.

Just telling it like I see it.

LJ.

Thank you LJ.
3rd November 2006 02:31 PM
jostorm Just a quickie, then I really have to go..

jb, you don't seem to get what I'm trying to say. And I'm stating this again: I'm NOT attacking you, I'm simply telling you how you sometimes come across, regard me as a mirror giving off a reflection, I can only "throw" back what I get in the first place... Read my posting again, there is nothing to resent. I haven't said you aren't a human being with a big heart, and I haven't said you aren't generous, at least that's the picture painted of you by your friends here. I have also tried to explain this on a different occasion, that the whole thing may simply boil down to a cultural difference between you and I. Where I live people simply do not mention money, the mentioning of money is not necessarily "dirty" it is simply regarded as in bad taste, that's all. And especially when you're rolling in it! One may have loads of money, but one does not mention it. I have a wide circle of extremely rich, well connected and influential friends, there is no way anyone would ever mention money! Perhaps the two diametrically opposed sides aren't perfect, perhaps a middle ground would be better, but that's the way it is. If I had been in your position when Beacon was announced, I would have rung my broker straight away, probably sent glencar an email saying "hey, wanna join me, I'm good for 10 grand, how far can you stretch?". But on this board I would have kept it shtumm. It simply sounded (to ME, I'm just talking about how I perceive it), as immediately rubbing it into others who perhaps can count themselves lucky if they can afford the 50$. A punter with very little funds would have immediately thought "Fuck, there goes my chance of ever getting in... ". I found it extremely insensitive, that's all. And I am acutely aware of other people's feelings. You don't seem to be. Perhaps it's a woman thing. I am not saying anything else but that.If you come from humble origins and have made it to the top all on your own back, then I salute you, well done! But it doesn't enter the argument, really. After all, I may be a lot richer than you. But you will never find out!

LadyJane: I've only been around since about April, it is difficult for any sane person to gauge when postings are tongue in cheek, I admit, but I think that I get the sensitivity level gauged right when it comes to people's postings and discussions. No one said jb isn't a good friend, I'm sure you all are, the way you rally around when one of you gets attacked. It's very heart warming and moving and always makes me feel it was right to move from IORR to RO, even if I now get sentenced to lurk around the periphery of the inner core forever and ever after this post. But, really, in this acse there is no need to rally, I am not attacking jb, I don't "do" rabid attacks, I have no hidden agendas, I have a fulfilled life, I come here for light-hearted fun (when I'm not bitching), my email is displayed openly, what you read is what you get. I am simply open and say what I think, that is all, absolutely no offence intended.

pdog: may I just say that I like you enormously, you're a good man and it is very loyal of you to defend jb, but you can believe me when I say that one day, my son, you (or your health service) will be rich enough to pay others to wipe your arse! The condition is called "senility", and we're ALL heading there, albeit at a different pace...

Have a good weekend , as the Yanks say: I'm outa here!
3rd November 2006 02:33 PM
Nellcote Jostrom, it's election, not erection, and it's this Tuesday in the US. As I often say, vote early-vote often!
3rd November 2006 02:49 PM
glencar jostorm, Joshy comes across on these boards a lot better than you do. You really need to learn when to STFU. Take your Joshy-bashing elsewhere.
3rd November 2006 02:58 PM
Saint Sway I think one would have to be pretty wealthy and plenty uncaring to just toss a Beacon ticket in the trash
3rd November 2006 03:00 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I think one would have to be pretty wealthy and plenty uncaring to just toss a Beacon ticket in the trash

It is not in the trash....
[Edited by jb]
3rd November 2006 10:06 PM
pdog So what do they do regarding the make up date?
Does fan asylum bring you back?
4th November 2006 05:06 AM
tumblingdice01 I met Josh and his son at the 2nd MSG show in Jan (nice guys!) and I still think the price was great for what I got. I did it again in Sheffield and had just as great a time. In fact there the rep helped me sell my extra tickets (Oops - I wasn't supposed to say anything!). We also got as much liquor as we wanted for two receptions, transportation, the food was good, they even gave us a lunch to take on the bus for after the show, the t-shirt was nice, the extra draw items were good, and I got the best seat that I've had in many years (4th row Keith's side right beside the runway). You get what you pay for in this life. If you are 40+ and don't want to stand around all day with the masses smelling their BO, getting cramps in your legs, wondering if you are going to make it until the show then FA is for you. It's like the hotels that you choose when you travel. If you are a Holiday Inn person then FA is not for you. If, on the other hand, you stay at the Four Seasons, then FA is exactly what you need! No reflection on anyone and their financial status in life - we are individuals and we are free to choose where we spend our dough.
4th November 2006 04:53 PM
glencar Did you get better food than Cheez-its?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)