ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, 6th November 2006
© Chris Stewart
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fan Asylum For AC!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd November 2006 02:23 AM
glencar http://rollingstones.fanasylum.com/offers/atlanticcity2_06.shtml
3rd November 2006 06:10 AM
LadyJane They want Joshy to come back!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
3rd November 2006 06:27 AM
Gazza the most appropriately named company in the entertainment business

anyone who pays those prices is fucking nuts
3rd November 2006 06:30 AM
LadyJane "Transportation to and from the show"

LJ.
3rd November 2006 06:35 AM
SweetVirginia
Well crap. I was hoping that AC was starting to sell because when I checked yesterday the seats in the first 10 rows were no longer coming up on TM.

Now I see those seats didn't sell, they just got set aside for the poor Asylum fools. Now those seats won't pop up again until November 16 when TM and Stones Inc. figure out there aren't enough lunatics to buy the travel packages.

(no offense intended, Josh)

3rd November 2006 06:47 AM
jostorm Fanasylum EXTRA category: For a little bit more $$$ you get an added bonus: you get to stay in a superior style hotel suite, where you can wipe your arse with bog-roll painstakingly folded to an isoceles-triangle, and you can ride the elevator while listening to superior Pan-flute music, while STILL keeping the freedom to fly home the day before the show. Should be just up jb's street???? (No offence intended either)
3rd November 2006 07:02 AM
egon I'm booking now!
3rd November 2006 07:42 AM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
http://rollingstones.fanasylum.com/offers/atlanticcity2_06.shtml

"a historical landmine"???

is philly gonna blow at any moment?

landmark.

for $100 bucks to join you wouldn think the web site would be a little more up to speed... heck 2002 licks wallpapers,screensavers, and aim id's why would expect a little proof reading.
3rd November 2006 09:51 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
"Transportation to and from the show"

LJ.

LMFAO!!!
Oh man, ya gotta hand it to 'em (exactly what I'd like to hand to 'em, I'm not saying...)...those RS.com guys sure got a lot of nerve...
3rd November 2006 09:53 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
chevysales wrote:

"a historical landmine"???

is philly gonna blow at any moment?

landmark.

for $100 bucks to join you wouldn think the web site would be a little more up to speed... heck 2002 licks wallpapers,screensavers, and aim id's why would expect a little proof reading.

Oh shit...this just keeps getting better...
It just might turn into a landmine if they cancel again...Josh's head will explode.
3rd November 2006 10:31 AM
roadster32 Fan Asylum is not belonging to the rs.com organisation.

It is owned by a guy called Tim McQuaid and they're doing travelpackages for other artists as well.

And believe me they're worth every penny.
3rd November 2006 10:38 AM
Saint Sway that price doesnt even include airfare

but, hey, you get a laminate!
3rd November 2006 10:47 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
that price doesnt even include airfare

but, hey, you get a laminate!

And you get to stay on a landmine in Philly when the show is in Atlantic City! And you get deluxe bus transportation to and from the show!

Such a deal, boychick!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
3rd November 2006 12:05 PM
glencar Joshy should do TV ads for these guys.
3rd November 2006 12:07 PM
Nellcote I drank with several FA folks @ Four Seasons in Bahston last year, a wicked pissa bunch they were!
3rd November 2006 12:08 PM
glencar I saw the bus in Dublin & honestly they looked silly.
3rd November 2006 12:15 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
And you get to stay on a landmine in Philly when the show is in Atlantic City! And you get deluxe bus transportation to and from the show!

Such a deal, boychick!

the Stones are such crooks!!

its beyond ugly

what exactly is the "welcoming reception"?? I'm guessing they hand you cheap sparkling wine in one of those faux plastic glasses and slap a name tag on you

I also bet they hit you up for more shit like they do with those time share swindles. As soon as you get to your room theres a phone call from a representative asking if you can meet in the lobby to discuss their "Hot Seat Packages" and offer you an "Extended Legacy Membership"
3rd November 2006 12:20 PM
jostorm Can anyone recall at which tour the Stones got together with FA to offer Fanasylum trips to the ageing and rich fanbase ?????

I recall distinctly queueing for hours and hours in the July heat for the Olympia show in Paris during Licks,and then running like a leper to the front to get to the FOS area, to only suddenly realise that the bastards had made money by selling "our FOS area" to all those people who paid Fanasylum a packet. "The Laminates" got to go in about an hour before everyone else, arrived on their tourbus (more modern than on LJ's picture, though! ), after eating canapes at some hotel buffet, all freshly showered and ready to boogie, while everyone else was wilting and tired and smelled of Parisian BO....(Sure there's a great deodorant ad idea in here somewhere...). Anyway, I was more disappointed than when my elder sister told me aged 7 that Santa didn't exist.....
3rd November 2006 12:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
roadster32 wrote:
Fan Asylum is not belonging to the rs.com organisation.

It is owned by a guy called Tim McQuaid and they're doing travelpackages for other artists as well.

And believe me they're worth every penny.

$1765 per person sharing for two nights with a ticket in row 2-7 for one show is 'worth every penny'?

I'll compare that to what I got for Twickenham. Fourth and fifth row seats for the TWO shows cost me a total of £155 including charges and one fan club fee, add in two nights in an award winning 5-star B&B with impeccable one-on-one personalservice for about £120. I also got given a VIP pass for the second night which saw me end up at the next table to the Fan Asylum folks.

Ok, I didnt get transport to the concerts (it cost me a return trip of about £4 each night for a 15 minute journey on the train or bus) and I didnt get a laminate, but I think the whole thing ended up costing me at the most about a third of the price of the Fan Asylum deal.

And I got to two shows for that price instead of one.
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd November 2006 12:23 PM
jb Fanasylum is fantastic and they are totally independent from rs.com. Why should I pay a broker 2k for a ticket when I can pay the fanasylum and get rows 1-5, 2 nights in a very nice hotel, transportation to and from, a pre-party with auction, etc. It is a great value and they are terrific people. Wished I discovered it sooner.
[Edited by jb]
3rd November 2006 12:24 PM
Nellcote "when my elder sister told me aged 7 that Santa didn't exist....."
WAIT JUST A MINUTE!
You mean I'v been writing these letters to the North Pole for over 40 years to some fake guy?
3rd November 2006 12:25 PM
LadyJane I did the Asylum package for Vegas Feb 2003.

Preparty---cheese/crackers and ONE drink. ONE. Cash bar for the rest.

Ticket to show....5th row center..Nice.

Hotel...Monte Carlo...nice.

Biggest disappointment...the entire reason I booked this was for the promised entrance to Sound check at the MGM Grand.

We arrive only to be "told" the Band is late and the Soundcheck needs to be cancelled.

Ran into Bobby and Bernard in Hallway later...."no soundcheck ever even scheduled."

Consolation prize..."VIP Party"...joke...cheeze puffs/cheap wine and soda.

RIP-OFF.

LJ.
3rd November 2006 12:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Can anyone recall at which tour the Stones got together with FA to offer Fanasylum trips to the ageing and rich fanbase ?????

Licks, I think?
3rd November 2006 12:26 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I did the Asylum package for Vegas Feb 2003.

Biggest disappointment...the entire reason I booked this was for the promised entrance to Sound check at the MGM Grand.

We arrive only to be "told" the Band is late and the Soundcheck needs to be cancelled.

Ran into Bobby and Bernard in Hallway later...."no soundcheck ever even scheduled."

RIP-OFF.

LJ.

Cheese puffs??????
3rd November 2006 12:27 PM
Gazza yes...cheese fucking puffs!!
3rd November 2006 12:28 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
Cheese puffs??????

I swear the God!!!!

LJ.
3rd November 2006 12:28 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I did the Asylum package for Vegas Feb 2003.

RIP-OFF.

LJ.

It may have been different company back then. ...they don't promise you anything as far as meeting the band, baskstage, etc. Also, they offered us at least 3 drinks, maybe more, (more than enough) , and a nice platter of finger food. It may not work for you if you have not used brokers, and paid 2k just for a seat, but for me, it was great . I highly reccommend it to anyone. They also give you a custom t-shirt for the event and you are with others as crazy for the band as you are. I give it a A++++.
[Edited by jb]
3rd November 2006 12:35 PM
LadyJane I DID enjoy my custom Tee and tour of Stage.

Little consolation for the promise of Soundcheck.

LJ.
3rd November 2006 12:35 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
they offered us at least 3 drinks, maybe more, (more than enough)

Ha! Have you spent enough quality time with the likes of this bunch on this board????

Three would be an insult, lmao
3rd November 2006 12:36 PM
pdog Wildwoodand The Jersey Shore are stunningly desolate and breathtakingly empty in mid November!
There's lots of parking near the empty beaches and closed amusement piers!
I'm just wondering, does Jb get to just go back to AC and do The package with no addl. cost?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)