ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, 6th November 2006
© Chris Stewart
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OT: Anybody buy the new Who cd yet? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
1st November 2006 08:43 AM
gimmekeef Okay guys..if I was to download only the best 5 tracks......which ones kick most ass?......Thanks
1st November 2006 08:48 AM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Okay guys..if I was to download only the best 5 tracks......which ones kick most ass?......Thanks

1. Mike Post Theme, 2. Black Widow's Eyes, 3. It's Not Enough

4.God Speaks, Of Marty Robbins, 5. Mirror Door
1st November 2006 08:52 AM
Jumping Jack None of it "kicks ass". Mike Post and Mirror Door are the only ones close to upbeat.
1st November 2006 09:32 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
None of it "kicks ass". Mike Post and Mirror Door are the only ones close to upbeat.

You make Joey very sad .
1st November 2006 09:33 AM
Joey
quote:
2000monkey wrote:

Later I listened to it properly blitzed and it took on the aspect of an epic. I give it 5 stars until the drugs wear off and declare the Who the greatest rockers in the drop zone. Beats Bigger Bang and Modern Times by an endless wire.

I would like to nuzzle you .

Jerscee '
1st November 2006 09:40 AM
Jumping Jack Joeykins, I just watched the Philly DVD and I must say the boring setlist combined with age has truly taken it's toll.

A true snoozefest.

I think I would rather listen to a Kerry speach. Zzzzzzz
1st November 2006 09:49 AM
Gimme Shelter I bought it yesterday but haven't listened to it yet, but will today.
1st November 2006 09:57 AM
gimmekeef Thanks guys....I did download a nice tasty torrent of Who 69 soundboards on the week end....Lemme know if you'd like a copy!
1st November 2006 10:20 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Joeykins, I just watched the Philly DVD and I must say the boring setlist combined with age has truly taken it's toll.

A true snoozefest.

I think I would rather listen to a Kerry speach. Zzzzzzz

Jumping Jack .....................

My DVD's are in the mail .

BTW , it sure didn't take the Democrats long to frig up another election , huh ?!?!

Congratulations Ms. Clinton , another competitor BITES THE DUST !!!!!
1st November 2006 11:09 AM
nanatod
quote:
Joey wrote:
You make Joey very sad .

Today's Redeye newspaper indicates that Pete Townsend and Rachel Fuller return to the Chicago area on December 9, 2006, but this time are playing Martyrs, instead of House of Blues.

Martyrs is about 1/3 the size of House of Blues, so those Chicagoans and others of you want to see Pete Townsend up close (although not as close as the Barnes & Noble in-store of a month ago) should make plans for this.

Plus Medeski, Martin & Wood are in town earlier the same evening at the Vic Theater, which is five blocks south and eight blocks east of Martyrs.

What an ad hoc double bill of entertainment that could be.

Edit: Woops! The shows are at the same time:

In the Attic featuring Rachel Fuller and Pete Townshend
Martyrs'
3855 N. Lincoln Ave.
Dec. 9: 7 p.m.
Price: $50; $300 meet and greet.
Phone: 773-404-9869

[Edited by nanatod]
1st November 2006 11:18 AM
Jumping Jack From thewhotour.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems to me that the audio quality on the CD is better than the DVD. For what it's worth...

I have not been a purchaser of the Encore DVD's, just the CD's. I was tremendously impressed with Zak. To me, he is the most important member of the band other than Pete and Roger. He sets the tone and controls the show.

redrock

Rock God

Posted: November 01 2006, 10:39 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wineaman wrote:
Disappointed on the DVD.
Doesn't someone review these & have input.
I'm sure Roger isn't pleased.
If you ask me The Who & management fucked up this new music launch, they could have done a much better job...

The DVD should have been a perfect cross-promotion for their tour.

Wow great CD AND their on tour............. BUT no mention, not even a sticker or insert saying catch them on their tour and the selection of this show was poor for a mass DVD release.

They were not in top form, no light show etc. If anything I think this DVD will hurt tour interest. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to have it but I think they would have been better just off leaving it off.

Two steps forward one step back. The Who's management must be freakin' out of touch.

detours

Posted: November 01 2006, 11:20 Post subject:

That DVD is just awful! Roger sounds hoarse and miss-times several lines. No attempt at all at a scream on WGFA. Pete's play is uninspiring. It looks like it was hot that day and I am sure that has a lot to do with the quality of the show. Must be the worst concert they could have picked.

willt65

Wholligan

Posted: November 01 2006, 11:49 Post subject:

I would love to know who makes the decisions regarding these things. This is a worldwide release and they put up a mediocre show on DVD. I have 7 Encore DVDs and all are better than this !!

burtonanderson

regular

Posted: November 01 2006, 11:50 Post subject:

I gotta say that “Live from Lyon” DVD sucks. The band is clearly still in rehearsal mode, and the energy from the band and the crowd is lethargic at best. (Generally speaking, the French know how to cook, make great wines, cheeses, and movies, but the French DO NOT KNOW how to rock!) Plus the direction was awful. It had twisted camera angles like “American Bandstand”, and the film showed Pino for a total of 5 seconds, Simon for one second, and Rabbit for ZERO seconds. I knew I had to have the DVD as part of a collection, but I doubt I’ll ever watch it again.

chad1all

regular

Posted: November 01 2006, 12:13 Post subject:

Yes, compare this DVD to the recently posted Roundhouse performance...now performance footage of THAT caliber would get newbies buying tickets on the second leg. But these particular cuts from Lyon give the uninitiated all the wrong impressions of the band at this stage in their career. Those of us that follow them religiously can forgive it as an off night (or even off moments in an otherwise good night...I haven't seen the entire show), but those who don't will assume this is the best they can do these days. Frustrating such decisions must be lived with when you KNOW what the boys are capable of! I wonder if Pete and Roger even take the time (or get the opportunity) to approve this stuff...I get the feeling that once the record company gets involved, all bets are off.

1st November 2006 11:28 AM
Joey

" I get the feeling that once the record company gets involved, all bets are off. "

Amen !

Kins.
1st November 2006 03:49 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

" I get the feeling that once the record company gets involved, all bets are off. "

Amen !

Kins.

JOEY, I AM TRYING WITH THIS NEW CD..SO FAR IT AINT HAPPENING CEPT "PURPLE DRESS".THEN AGAIN,I HATED IT'S HARD UNTIL 21 YEARS AFTER IT'S RELEASE.
1st November 2006 03:58 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

JOEY, I AM TRYING WITH THIS NEW CD..SO FAR IT AINT HAPPENING CEPT "PURPLE DRESS".THEN AGAIN,I HATED IT'S HARD UNTIL 21 YEARS AFTER IT'S RELEASE.

Perks ..................................

I like the effort .

" We Got A Hit "
1st November 2006 04:20 PM
solmask I have had a copy of it for about a week when i first listened to i thought it was ok . But with repeated listening over the week it is gettiing better and better its definitely a grower .
1st November 2006 04:46 PM
Joey
quote:
solmask wrote:
But with repeated listening over the week it is gettiing better and better its definitely a grower .

I have been pouring over all the new material ( the new album ) for the past twenty - four hours and this is DEFINITELY Pete & Roger's BEST WORK since Quadrophenia .

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1st November 2006 05:05 PM
MRD8 Joey,
Don't be put off by JJ's review of the Philly DVD...it flat out SMOKES!!! So does the MSG1 that I sent you...you should get them soon, I mailed your package on Saturday.
1st November 2006 05:13 PM
Joey
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Joey,
Don't be put off by JJ's review of the Philly DVD...it flat out SMOKES!!! So does the MSG1 that I sent you...you should get them soon, I mailed your package on Saturday.

MRD8 ........

Bless You .

You have made me a Happy Man -- AGAIN !!!!!!!!

1st November 2006 05:56 PM
BILL PERKS READ THE LINER NOTES AS PETE MENTIONS THE LATE MRS.WOOD & MCGLAGAN.SO FAR ,FACE DANCES SOUNDS LIKE EXILE COMPARED TO THIS.
1st November 2006 06:16 PM
Joey " READ THE LINER NOTES AS PETE MENTIONS THE LATE MRS.WOOD & MCGLAGAN.SO FAR ,FACE DANCES SOUNDS LIKE EXILE COMPARED TO THIS."

You make Joey weep and shit liquid .

Why Perks ?!?! ..... WHY ?!?!

Why must you make the Joey use so damn much toilet paper ?!

WHY ?!?!

WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?! WHY ?!

******* .... and then , DEPRESSION set it Ronnie ! ****

....cus Bernstein Music

Joey " Bill " Murray ! ™
1st November 2006 06:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
$9.99

1) Endless Wire studio album (plus two extended versions of "We Got a Hit" and "Endless Wire)

2) Bonus CD - The Who Live at Lyon

*The Seeker
*Who Are You
*Mike Post Theme
*Relay
*Greyhound Girl
*Naked Eye
*Won't Get Fooled Again

3) Bonus DVD - The Who Live at Lyon

*I Can't Explain
*Behind Blue Eyes
*Mike Post Theme
*Baba O'Riley
*Won't Get Fooled Again

bollocks. How many different versions are there of this fuckin thing? I only saw the regular CD plus the one with the bonus CD (which I bought thinking it was a DVD). Didnt realise there was a 2-Cd & 1 DVD version too.
1st November 2006 06:35 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Didnt realise there was a 2-Cd & 1 DVD version too.

Yeah , I bought it at BEST BUY last night for $9.99

Gazza ..... do you like the new album ?

Please ..... I's just gots to's knows .

Joeykins !
1st November 2006 06:36 PM
mojoman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

bollocks. How many different versions are there of this fuckin thing? I only saw the regular CD plus the one with the bonus CD (which I bought thinking it was a DVD). Didnt realise there was a 2-Cd & 1 DVD version too.

it might be only currently available through best buy initially similar to the four flicks arrangement.
1st November 2006 06:46 PM
_Boomy_ Best Buy seems to do this a lot. The "Exclusives", that is.

1st November 2006 06:54 PM
Soldatti The album in on track to sell over 100k the first week, enough for a top 5 debut in Billboard.
1st November 2006 07:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yeah , I bought it at BEST BUY last night for $9.99

Gazza ..... do you like the new album ?

Please ..... I's just gots to's knows .

Joeykins !

I bought it on Monday, Joey, but am only finally getting to listen to it now. In all honesty, I put it off as I wasnt sure I'd like it. So far its better than I thought, although I think it'll take a lot of listens to appreciate it.

BTW, the new issue of MOJO (just out this week in the UK) has the 'Oo on the cover and a lengthy article/interview inside. Plus, a free CD (probably only available in the Uk for copyright reasons I suppose) of some of Pete and Rog's favourite songs, which looks pretty nice
[Edited by Gazza]
1st November 2006 07:27 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Like it better with each listen.
Daltrey's in fine form and Pete can still slash and burn.

Wondering how come Tom Waits isn't credited for his guest vocals on In The Ether, though...

1st November 2006 09:26 PM
Paranoid_Android I don't have it...but I took in the 30 second samples from iTunes of every song...sounds very much like Who-Lite...I know it's not really The Who...and Pete and Roger are a bit old in the tooth...but I think I would buy it if it were not called "a Who Album"...perhaps a release by "Daltry & Townshend"...would be more like it...it's a mental block I have I suppose...I was such a HUGE WhoHead in the 70's/80's...

btw...a HORRENDOUS CD cover...very dated...ala 1983 by some johnny -come-lately new wave band of a sorts...
1st November 2006 09:44 PM
mojoman
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
I don't have it...but I took in the 30 second samples from iTunes of every song...sounds very much like Who-Lite...I know it's not really The Who...and Pete and Roger are a bit old in the tooth...but I think I would buy it if it were not called "a Who Album"...perhaps a release by "Daltry & Townshend"...would be more like it...it's a mental block I have I suppose...I was such a HUGE WhoHead in the 70's/80's...

btw...a HORRENDOUS CD cover...very dated...ala 1983 by some johnny -come-lately new wave band of a sorts...

similar to a cover of one of utopia's lps
1st November 2006 09:49 PM
pdog I listeneed to it all the way through. i was pleasantly surprised. good writing, good production... The Stones should wait 24 years between albums.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)