ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, 6th November 2006
© Chris Stewart
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OT: Anybody buy the new Who cd yet? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
31st October 2006 12:39 PM
Poison Dart I haven't had a chance to pick it up today. Anybody out there buy it up yet?

The Boston Globe and USA Today both gave it pretty good reviews. I was wonering what everyone thought of it.

I noticed it was up to #3 on AMAZON.COM early today.
31st October 2006 12:39 PM
lotsajizz yes---it should be in today or tomorrow's mail
31st October 2006 01:23 PM
Hannalee I'm hoping to receive it for my birthday, otherwise I'd have got it already. I've been watching Sunday's gig at the Roundhouse online, having failed to snaffle a ticket...
It's a taster anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/electricproms/who/
31st October 2006 03:30 PM
lotsajizz THANKS!!!
31st October 2006 03:51 PM
_Boomy_ Yeah

I did something I rarely do: buy music at electronic stores.

I couldn't help it; the bonus disc Best Buy puts on this thing is essential. So, basically, it's a 3-disc set (Endless Wire + bonus CD and DVD).

Haven't listened to it yet.

(Plus, there's a grand prize to "Fly Away with the Who" -- 24 runner-up prizes)

31st October 2006 03:55 PM
pdog Joey is stroking himself and staring at it!
31st October 2006 04:21 PM
rolling who Just bought it, trying to do my share to get The Who their first-ever No. 1 album (highly doubtful). It's not bad. Very Quad-ish in spots, no overtly classic songs or hit singles to be found. In all, a nice piece of work.

31st October 2006 04:25 PM
glencar Howe much was it at BB, Boomy???
31st October 2006 04:28 PM
Some Guy The guy at Best Buy told me to think about it a while and then get something else.
31st October 2006 04:28 PM
_Boomy_ $9.99

1) Endless Wire studio album (plus two extended versions of "We Got a Hit" and "Endless Wire)

2) Bonus CD - The Who Live at Lyon

*The Seeker
*Who Are You
*Mike Post Theme
*Relay
*Greyhound Girl
*Naked Eye
*Won't Get Fooled Again

3) Bonus DVD - The Who Live at Lyon

*I Can't Explain
*Behind Blue Eyes
*Mike Post Theme
*Baba O'Riley
*Won't Get Fooled Again
31st October 2006 04:29 PM
Joey
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I haven't had a chance to pick it up today. Anybody out there buy it up yet?

The Boston Globe and USA Today both gave it pretty good reviews. I was wonering what everyone thought of it.

I noticed it was up to #3 on AMAZON.COM early today.

I will be stopping at the " BEST BUY " after work .

First New WHO Album in Twenty - Four Years -- I am now so excited that I am typing this with my nipples .

Joey Townshend !

31st October 2006 04:32 PM
Some Guy I will opt for Mission Impossible 3.
31st October 2006 04:35 PM
_Boomy_ That movie blows. IMO!
31st October 2006 04:37 PM
Some Guy
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
That movie blows. IMO!

Dude, I haven't seen it. It's Tom Cruise!!
31st October 2006 04:37 PM
glencar
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
$9.99

1) Endless Wire studio album (plus two extended versions of "We Got a Hit" and "Endless Wire)

2) Bonus CD - The Who Live at Lyon

*The Seeker
*Who Are You
*Mike Post Theme
*Relay
*Greyhound Girl
*Naked Eye
*Won't Get Fooled Again

3) Bonus DVD - The Who Live at Lyon

*I Can't Explain
*Behind Blue Eyes
*Mike Post Theme
*Baba O'Riley
*Won't Get Fooled Again

We Got A Hit sucked in concert but I quite liked the other song.
31st October 2006 05:11 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
We Got A Hit sucked in concert but I quite liked the other song.

You SHALL be greeted this December .
31st October 2006 06:33 PM
Soldatti It will hit the top 10 in UK according to early sales.
31st October 2006 06:42 PM
Jumping Jack The Who boards are bitching that Lyon was one of the worst shows and can't understand why it was included.

To me the material is simply OK, not great, not bad.

A Bigger Band is far better!

Sorry I make Joey weep and shit liquid, but I gotta call it like I see it.
31st October 2006 06:43 PM
Fiji Joe Joey?

31st October 2006 06:51 PM
Fiji Joe Joey?

31st October 2006 07:32 PM
pdog
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
A Bigger Band is far better!

That's not saying much... are we comparing Joeys dumps now?
31st October 2006 07:37 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Yeah

I did something I rarely do: buy music at electronic stores.

I couldn't help it; the bonus disc Best Buy puts on this thing is essential. So, basically, it's a 3-disc set (Endless Wire + bonus CD and DVD).

Haven't listened to it yet.

(Plus, there's a grand prize to "Fly Away with the Who" -- 24 runner-up prizes)

GETTIN IT TOMORROW-
31st October 2006 07:56 PM
time is on my side Bought it today & gave it a listen. My intial reaction is that it's very much a hit or miss album. Parts of it are very good and other parts are very average. Maybe the average to below average songs will change with repeated listens.

All in all, I would say it's just OK. I enjoy it and like it but it's nothing really special. Leaves me to wonder with Pete devoting this much time & energy into this final product what remains in the creative well if anything.

Still it's a nice album and they give you a bonus CD & a bonus DVD at one great price. I would say it's a BARGAIN.
31st October 2006 08:19 PM
time is on my side Oh, almost forgot, any album with a song called Unholy Trinity can't be all bad.

They've got a hit.
31st October 2006 09:10 PM
Poison Dart After a quick listen or two. I'd say the record is solid if unspectacular. I'd give it about 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

It's great to have The Who back after 25 years.

[Edited by Poison Dart]
[Edited by Poison Dart]
[Edited by Poison Dart]
31st October 2006 09:18 PM
Poison Dart Where would you say The Who ranks among the all time great bands?

In my opinion I think they would rank 3rd behind The Beatles and The Stones. You could make an argument for Led Zepplin at #3. But, I'd go with The Who as the third biggest band of all time.
31st October 2006 09:23 PM
mojoman they had leeds printed with lyon over it. how quaint. havent seen the dvd yet but the new material is really cool maybe not as strong as bigger bang but the who arent goin on as many cyclinders the stones are. next week is the release of the vegas job from 99. if its as good as the 2000 tour was it should be great. only saw the who in 99 play acoustic at the bridge which was different.
31st October 2006 09:35 PM
Fiji Joe Joey?

1st November 2006 12:14 AM
WattsAtScotts I picked it up today along with KISSology which are both great, The Who album is very good, but I think the order of songs up to the mini opera, is a little werid, I think Mike Post Theme should have opened the album, imho
[Edited by WattsAtScotts]
1st November 2006 02:45 AM
2000monkey I listened to it once in the car and the title seemed very fitting...It was long and thin.

Later I listened to it properly blitzed and it took on the aspect of an epic. I give it 5 stars until the drugs wear off and declare the Who the greatest rockers in the drop zone. Beats Bigger Bang and Modern Times by an endless wire.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)