ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Someone... pending credits - with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live Licks...Street Fighting Man Return to archive
November 2nd, 2004 03:27 PM
lucasd4 This song alone makes Live Licks worth buying...a blistering version....Richards sounds like the Richards of old on this...his nastiest sounding rhythm work on an official live album since JJF from Love You Live
November 2nd, 2004 08:26 PM
Soldatti It's on Four Flicks by the way...
November 2nd, 2004 09:22 PM
lucasd4 It doesn't even sound like the same version to me...sounds much, much better than Four Flicks...guitars sound much higher in the mix

quote:
Soldatti wrote:
It's on Four Flicks by the way...

November 2nd, 2004 09:50 PM
Steel Wheels As long as people are getting their rocks off to the Stones, who cares. Everyone now hates 4 Flicks, right? Yeat a year ago it was all anyone wanted. Now its - Tour sucked, Keith sucked, Ronnie sucked, blah blah blah.

I say fuck it. Greatest tour of all time by the greatest band of all time, sounding the best they ever have. The Rolling Stones. I love 'em.
November 3rd, 2004 07:10 AM
Gazza Everyone now hates Four Flicks??

Dont know how you came to that conclusion...I've barely read a negative comment about it in the year since it came out...
November 3rd, 2004 07:23 AM
Make It Funky Well, having been to the Twickenham show where Richards performed that incredibly WICKED version of Street Fightin' Man, I can attest that being there live, was even more chilling.

(how 'bout Keiths face at the conclusion of SSF on that bstage???) WOW!!!

cheers
November 3rd, 2004 07:26 AM
exile No way I loved four flicks!
great package Four DVDs

everyone here has been moaning oh Live licks sucks....but I dont care as soon as i can im buying a copy!

I think we should all be i little more happy that our favourite Rock and roll band is still releasing albums.

......Im on my way to buy a copy now

[Edited by exile]
November 3rd, 2004 07:32 AM
Nellcote Go and get LIVE LICKS!!

Left work early to make my release date pilgrimage, which dates back to Goats Head Soup...

Listening to this without the video gives one a different viewpoint of the release, overcoming my initial reluctance of this project. It is a very positive experience..

As reported by others, instrument separation is dead on.
Jagger's vocals are truly remarkable
Woody is on fire
Keith is his usual grinding/sloppy greatness
Charlie is the rock of all drummers...

As usual, too many gimmicks from the keyboard player, however, as witnessed in concert, he is the glue the core members rely upon, so you live with him.

Live Licks is WICKED PISSA...
[Edited by Nellcote]
November 3rd, 2004 07:36 AM
mac_daddy did anyone else see the video @ the start of the 3rd quarter on MNF..? it wasn't half bad, and certainly the best of the videos they have offerred in that slot this season...

November 3rd, 2004 08:18 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Everyone now hates 4 Flicks, right?

Hum? 4 Flicks? Is impossible don't love these dvds.
November 3rd, 2004 10:08 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
As long as people are getting their rocks off to the Stones, who cares. Everyone now hates 4 Flicks, right? Yeat a year ago it was all anyone wanted. Now its - Tour sucked, Keith sucked, Ronnie sucked, blah blah blah.

I say fuck it. Greatest tour of all time by the greatest band of all time, sounding the best they ever have. The Rolling Stones. I love 'em.

Who said "everyone hates 4 Flicks"?!?!? huh?!? Even a nostalgic Taylorette (you can count me in) wouldn't dare to say bad things about Four FLicks. Now, I can not STAND Live Licks......It's outrageous.....lack of respect with us....we fed them and all we got is that reclycled crap
November 3rd, 2004 10:11 AM
jb Horrible rendition..one of the worst ever...
November 3rd, 2004 10:15 AM
Nellcote Jb, did you pickup the UK or US version?
November 3rd, 2004 10:20 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Everyone now hates 4 Flicks, right? Yeat a year ago it was all anyone wanted. Now its - Tour sucked, Keith sucked, Ronnie sucked, blah blah blah.

Hey, indeed no-one said they hated 4 Flicks!
My only "complaint" (and it's not EVEN a complaint) is that the documentary disc should be longer, with more interviews, backstage stuff etc. But I can never get enough of this stuff, so maybe I'm just a little NOT objective

Releasing material that HAS been released before makes no sense... But I loved 4 Flicks! Who hates it?!
November 3rd, 2004 10:26 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Jb, did you pickup the UK or US version?

Congratulations Nellcote on the Sox, Patriots, and Bush..you are having one hell of a year. Here, I am stuck with the Phins, Cubans for Bush, and I still have fasciculations(tweaking of the muscles) which is a symtom of the alwasy fatal ALS(Lou Gherig's disease).My doctor says mine are benign, bit thatis of little comfort..anyway, glad you're happy!!! Or, I still think Live Licks sucks-take care.
November 3rd, 2004 10:36 AM
glencar Live Licks hasn't grown on me yet. I need more time. Or alcohol.
November 3rd, 2004 10:46 AM
Nellcote JB, to quote another 90's Dem "I feel your pain"

I've had such tweaking since I was a youth, however,
never thought of it as anything. I'll have to keep watch of it. You saw Curt Schilling's shoe during the 2nd World Series game right, the K-ALS? Strike out ALS. He has his own foundation http://www.als-ma.org/curtspitch/ where he raises funds for the disease.

Now, you need to come around on Live Licks. I've listened to it several times now, and enjoy it every time. Beats the stuffing out of anything else out there. Yeah, their marketing team tanks, however, it's probably the swan song of the Virgin contract.

Upward & Onward!
November 3rd, 2004 10:49 AM
glencar Jshy, Best Buy ahd it for $15.99 yesterday. Don't be such a fool.
November 3rd, 2004 10:51 AM
Nellcote Hey, I even got the UK version @ Newbury Comics.
Wicked Pissa!
November 3rd, 2004 11:00 AM
lucasd4 I knew you'd say that..because it doesn't have some self indulgent lead guitarist soloing through the entire song...this has everything I want from the Stones....great Jagger vocal, vicious Richards rhythm guitar, keyboards and background singers barely audible, and no obnoxious Taylor style guitar wailing getting in the way

quote:
jb wrote:
Horrible rendition..one of the worst ever...

November 3rd, 2004 11:05 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB, to quote another 90's Dem "I feel your pain"

I've had such tweaking since I was a youth, however,
never thought of it as anything. I'll have to keep watch of it. You saw Curt Schilling's shoe during the 2nd World Series game right, the K-ALS? Strike out ALS. He has his own foundation http://www.als-ma.org/curtspitch/ where he raises funds for the disease.

Now, you need to come around on Live Licks. I've listened to it several times now, and enjoy it every time. Beats the stuffing out of anything else out there. Yeah, their marketing team tanks, however, it's probably the swan song of the Virgin contract.

Upward & Onward!

Interesting .....yes, some people have the twitches temporarily and some for longer periods....with ALS, the twitching is combined with muslce weakness, atrophy, and changes in reflex which I don't have thank god.....
November 3rd, 2004 07:06 PM
Soldatti I didn't buy it yet.