ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Someone... pending credits - with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bad News For Libertines Fans Return to archive
November 2nd, 2004 10:41 AM
Honky Tonk Man For myself, Factory Girl, Scot Rocks, Zeeta and anyone else who cares

THE LIKELY LADS TAKE A BREAK

CARL BARAT is to retire THE LIBERTINES from playing live for "the foreseeable future" at the end of the year, NME.COM can exclusively reveal.

The band have been touring since the summer without Pete Doherty, who was kicked out of the band while he undertook a well-documented fight against drugs.

Speaking exclusively to NME.COM yesterday (November 1), singer Carl Barat said that from December there are no more plans for gigs – the strongest hint yet that the band will split for good unless Doherty cleans up and rejoins.

He said: "As of the end of December Gary, John and I have decided The Libertines will be off the road for the foreseeable future, no more official gigs are booked. An ongoing problem with my health, which requires an operation, will put me out of action for maybe some months.

"My position with Pete hasn’t changed, I hope he gets better, I still love him and hope he will come back in full health and take the world with The Libertines and put the Albion back on-course. Joining the old crew on the good ship wouldn’t be so hard."

The band have no UK gigs scheduled before December. It is currently unclear what operation Barat requires.

------------------------------------------------------------

This was on the cards in my opinion. No Pete Doherty = No Libertines. They can't really carry on touring without him and certainly entering the studio without him is, I would of thought, unimaginable.

He's not allowed to rejoin the others until he cleans up his bad habits and who's to say he'd even want to go back? He seems to be having a blast with Babyshambles and they are recording in the studio at the moment.

Alex
November 2nd, 2004 10:44 AM
Honky Tonk Man Meanwhile, we have this...

BIG BABYSHAMBLES!

BABYSHAMBLES will play their biggest tour to date next month.

The group, fronted by former Libertine Pete Doherty, will play at the London Forum on December 13 as part of a tour that includes the group’s first Irish dates.

The band, who completed a sold-out tour of the UK last month, will release new single 'Killamangiro' on November 29.

Tickets for the gig go on sale today (November 2).

The full tour dates are:

Belfast Limelight (December 11)
Dublin Village (12)
London Forum (13)
Glasgow Barrowlands (14)
Blackpool Empress Ballroom (15)

For ticket availability, click here or call the NME Ticketline on 0870 1 663 663.

November 2nd, 2004 11:15 AM
glencar 2 albums & they're done? Wow.
November 2nd, 2004 02:50 PM
Factory Girl I just saw the Libertines live,and they were fantastic!!!

Carl Barat looked great,esp. sans. his shirt!! He looked to be in mighty fine health, and was drinking & smoking up a storm. He's only 25 or 26. Is he getting himself fixed??? LOL...

That is bad news, for the Libertines are Great!!

November 2nd, 2004 03:36 PM
jb Too bad...
November 2nd, 2004 08:27 PM
Soldatti Bad news