ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Someone... pending credits - with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Worst album in your collection! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
November 2nd, 2004 05:42 PM
gypsy joey, shut up! My sister gave me that CD...which proved my theory that she hates me.
Also, why call it "The Essential Neil Diamond?" I mean, the essential part is just a given, right? Neil IS essential.
November 2nd, 2004 05:43 PM
glencar I have that Stars on 45 RS song from somewhere. It sounds like sped up bar band Stones. Not much good about it except it is better than that Beatles thing they also did.
November 2nd, 2004 06:47 PM
keith mcjagger the very bvest of kiss..

i was stupid, cuz first of all, i hate greatest hits collections, and and second, it has about 3 good songs on it, and even their greatist song doesnt match up with the beatles worst.

the stones have written some flops, and thats why i say "worst of beatleS"

anyone wanna buy a kiss album?
November 2nd, 2004 07:27 PM
Gimme Shelter I actually do have Culture Club's Greatest Hits. Aleft over from my divorce. My ex-wife even dragged me to a Boy George concert in Seattle and he played You Can't Always Get What You Want.
November 2nd, 2004 08:37 PM
Soldatti Goddess In The Doorway!
November 3rd, 2004 04:04 AM
Zack Two Sides of the Moon, by Keith Moon. Worse than I could have possibly imagined. He doesn't even play the drums.
November 3rd, 2004 05:39 AM
Monkeytonkman I bought Van Halen 3 when it came out, with Gary cherone on vocals.

Man that sucked, I listened to it and listened to it, trying to get into it, but in the end I had to admit defeat, it is just a sheeet album
November 3rd, 2004 06:20 AM
FotiniD
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
I have some great mid 60's Greek VHS tapes with Greek British Invasion style pop bands. One rendition of Twist and Shout is classic!

Oh, the 60's Greek scene is a whole different thing! Very naive, very funny (ridiculous at times ), very imitating the British Invation style bands as you suggest, but really honest, fresh (for that time, I mean) and rather good in some cases!

And there was the whole seventies/early eighties classic rock "movement" in Greece that died way too soon unfortunately. But there were some rather great moments, great bands and music, basements in Plaka with "forbidden" music and all... Ah, beautiful! It's one of my all-time regrets, that I was born too late to see all that happening...

There was a real buzz, and I can't understand why on earth it died so suddenly and replaced by today's completely stupid pseudo-pop, pseudo-folk (can't even describe them!) music and total lack of quality. Not to say there aren't any musicians / bands that still make good music here, but hey, it could have been WAY better and when quality is an exception, well..

Ok, I got too carried away talking about greek music Sorry.
November 3rd, 2004 08:52 AM
glencar The new pop style is about as bad as it gets. Both sides of the Atlantic have been infected.
November 3rd, 2004 10:44 AM
F505 all the cd's of John Denver
November 3rd, 2004 11:11 AM
not bound to please
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Ok, I got too carried away talking about greek music Sorry.

Don't be sorry! it's pretty interesting. Is the folk stuff based in the "mountaineer" music? When I was a kid - my Yia Ya always complained about the "hillbilly" music when it would come on during the Greek Hour tv show, but that stuff was great.
November 3rd, 2004 11:15 AM
Joey
quote:

Don't be sorry! it's pretty interesting. Is the folk stuff based in the "mountaineer" music? When I was a kid - my Yia Ya always complained about the "hillbilly" music when it would come on during the Greek Hour tv show, but that stuff was great.

Woman's Be Thinking Too Much This Morning ........! ™

Joey " IKE " Turner ™
November 3rd, 2004 02:24 PM
Jair Motion, by an obscure group named KGB. My sister gave it to me, as well as The Carpenters greatest hits.

I dont' talk to her since that day, around 1979...
November 4th, 2004 02:34 AM
FotiniD
quote:

No, not exactly mountaineer music... The "folk" word might be wrong I guess... It's hard to explain, it's a mixture of Greek traditional elements, lots of bouzouki, synths, eastern music, occasionaly even hip-hop parts and stupid un-inspired lyrics Put that all together and you get some idea of a large part of Greek "pop" today.

There is some great stuff as well, of course. Some pop-rock bands that play good music and all, but in general, the situation really sucks!
November 4th, 2004 04:20 AM
Jumacfly I would say all my crappy hip hop records!!!
November 4th, 2004 05:09 AM
thousands destinys child... i wish there was an embaressed smilie
Page: 1 2 3