ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Someone... pending credits - with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NFL update (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 1st, 2004 08:35 AM
Some Guy Football has been very good to me. I'm doing well in the office pool now. My Falcons turned it around and looked great. The Steelers won. Terrell can dance, baby! Chiefs are turning around.
November 1st, 2004 09:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
The Steelers won.

Yeah. The Pat's streak is over. But I suppose that record will stand for awhile. The Eagles are the only undefeated team I think.

(oh Gawd...I hope the Curse of the Bambino hasn't been tranferred to the Patriots)
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
November 1st, 2004 09:02 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Chiefs are turning around.

I would like to nuzzle you ™

November 1st, 2004 09:14 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Yeah. The Pat's streak is over. But I suppose that record will stand for awhile. The Eagles are the only undefeated team I think.

(oh Gawd...I hope the Curse of the Bambino hasn't been tranferred to the Patriots)
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

Nah. Just hope the Steelers can lay the smackdown on the candy assed Eagles.
November 1st, 2004 09:23 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

May a diseased Yak invade the Eagles' shorts .

November 1st, 2004 09:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

I dunno, I kind of empathize with the Philly, suffering from CDD (Championship Deficit Disorder) and all. God knows we suffered for many years from that in New England. But on the other hand I suppose the concept of mercy has no place in professional sports. It's the law of the jungle.
November 1st, 2004 09:31 AM
Some Guy Did you see Terrell do the Ray Lewis dance. He was all up in his grill.
November 1st, 2004 09:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Did you see Terrell do the Ray Lewis dance. He was all up in his grill.

I didn't. When I turned on the TV it was 21 to something. So I only listened to the TV from the other room. Ho Hum...even winning gets boring after awhile.
November 1st, 2004 09:43 AM
Some Guy Can't wait to see what Ray babys gotta say about that one.
November 1st, 2004 10:28 AM
jb Eagles must be defeated to protect greatest team of all time , 1972 Miami Dolphins..17-0.....perfection!!!
November 1st, 2004 10:35 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Eagles must be defeated to protect greatest team of all time , 1972 Miami Dolphins..17-0.....perfection!!!

I'm STILL Chubbin'™

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/bush_vs_kerry.html

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! " ™

M. Jackyfly ! ™
November 1st, 2004 10:39 AM
jb The Canes blew it....losing to North Carolina !!!! I was out on fashionable Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach on Saturday Night, and there was a lot of "knish" out dressed in adult Halloween customs....We ate at 32 East and I picked up the tab, as usual, for my cheap doctor friend....He said I had fasciculations, but they were benign and not ALS....
November 1st, 2004 10:49 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
The Canes blew it....losing to North Carolina !!!! I was out on fashionable Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach on Saturday Night, and there was a lot of "knish" out dressed in adult Halloween customs....We ate at 32 East and I picked up the tab, as usual, for my cheap doctor friend....He said I had fasciculations, but they were benign and not ALS....

Yes , your Hurricanes don't look very menacing this year -- on the other hand , The Nebraska Cornhuskers are at LEAST three years away from making another run at the National Championship .

Benign Fasciculations are nothing to sneeze at ..................then again , neither is my S.B.S. ( Shy Bladder Syndrome ) which prevents me from using the " Stand Up Toilets " at all your major public restrooms .

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!?! .....For Dinner Saturday Evening ?!?! ...............SURE !!! :

Rib-Eye Steaks
Baked Potato(e) [Loaded ]
Broccoli
Braids
Two bottles of Kendall Jackson " Grand Reserve " Cabernet Sauvignon '99

Dessert ! :

Orange Cake with little Baby Strawberries strategically placed all around ..........

......... " Jaggerbombs " at my freind " Tish's " party later on that evening .

" Can you say , " Halloween Hangover " Ronnie ?! "

Knishy™

|
|
|
|
|
V
[Edited by Joey]
November 1st, 2004 10:52 AM
Some Guy Falcons played well after having their manhood questioned last week.
Dinner Sat. night, Outback! curbside takeaway.
November 1st, 2004 11:33 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Dinner Sat. night, Outback! curbside takeaway.

Excellent Choice my Stonesian Brother .
November 1st, 2004 11:35 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Excellent Choice my Stonesian Brother .

Outback is a very good gentile steakhouse...here in Boca, we like N.Y. Prime and Mortons.
November 1st, 2004 11:36 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Outback is a very good gentile steakhouse...here in Boca, we like N.Y. Prime and Mortons.

..........how about " Ruth's Chris " or " The Capital Grille " ?!?!?!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm ! Tasty !

Skittles Joe™
November 1st, 2004 11:38 AM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
jb wrote:
The Canes blew it....losing to North Carolina !!!! I was out on fashionable Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach on Saturday Night, and there was a lot of "knish" out dressed in adult Halloween customs....We ate at 32 East and I picked up the tab, as usual, for my cheap doctor friend....He said I had fasciculations, but they were benign and not ALS....

I'm sure hearing about it in NC. Hearing all these Tar Hell, I mean , Heel fans brag about being the first ACC team to beat the Hurricanes makes me sick. I'm sure I'll hear all about that and how they'll beat Wake Forest in two weeks.

Also, I am put in the bad position of hoping Pittsburgh preserves the 1972 Dolphins undefeated season. I dislike the Dolphins, but I HATE the Philadelphia Eagles.

GO DEACS! GO STEELERS!
November 1st, 2004 11:43 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

..........how about " Ruth's Chris " or " The Capital Grille " ?!?!?!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm ! Tasty !

Skittles Joe™

Ruths Chris is also good....nThe Capital Grille {?}
November 1st, 2004 11:52 AM
Some Guy I had sushi for the first time Fri. night, It was great. Very healthy.
November 1st, 2004 11:53 AM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I had sushi for the first time Fri. night, It was great. Very healthy.

It must be fresh and properly prepared to enjoy.
November 1st, 2004 11:58 AM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
It must be fresh and properly prepared to enjoy.

Yeah, My wife loves the place and always gets the sushi- I usually get the tempora. The raw stuff was awesome!!
November 1st, 2004 11:59 AM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Yeah, My wife loves the place and always gets the sushi- I usually get the tempora. The raw stuff was awesome!!

I enjoy the tuna, salmon and shrimp rolls...I also enjoy the Thai dish Pad Thai!!!
November 1st, 2004 12:01 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
I enjoy the tuna, salmon and shrimp rolls...I also enjoy the Thai dish Pad Thai!!!

I'm going back this Friday night also. Excellent choices my friend, you are very wise.
November 1st, 2004 12:03 PM
Bloozehound Sat. night we went out to a cool Italian resturant called Buca di Beppo's. Had linguine with clams, shrimp & calamari, washed it back with a bottle of red red wine.

Our waiter had a very droopy face and an odd resemblance to Sylvester Stallone. Boy after that wine started flowin, the Rocky impressions kept getting funnier and funnier.
November 1st, 2004 12:17 PM
jb
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Sat. night we went out to a cool Italian resturant called Buca di Beppo's. Had linguine with clams, shrimp & calamari, washed it back with a bottle of red red wine.

Our waiter had a very droopy face and an odd resemblance to Sylvester Stallone. Boy after that wine started flowin, the Rocky impressions kept getting funnier and funnier.

The on e in Ft. lauderdale? I went there once as well...as I recall, they served "family" style....
November 1st, 2004 12:19 PM
glencar I ate at "Cozymel's" last night. Feh.
November 1st, 2004 12:21 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I ate at "Cozymel's" last night. Feh.

We had lunch at Magliano's yesterday...very good!!!(behind Bloomingdale's at the Town Center Mall).
November 1st, 2004 12:22 PM
glencar I was at one of those in Chi-town 5 years back. Lotsa pasta.
November 1st, 2004 12:27 PM
Some Guy Keith Brookings, linebacker for the Falcons only eats sushi during the season. At a little place in Suwanee, Ga.
Page: 1 2