ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Someone... pending credits - with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Look at the price of the "1984 world tour" shirt...:-O Return to archive
November 1st, 2004 01:32 AM
TooTough Can´t believe it...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28022&item=3847833372&rd=1
November 1st, 2004 04:32 AM
Gazza bloody hell!!

Theres one born every minute..

actually, come to think of it, with the release of Live Licks today, theres probably tens of thousands..!
November 1st, 2004 08:28 AM
Madafaka I don't have boots about that tour!
November 1st, 2004 08:31 AM
Some Guy I've got uno nickelette
November 1st, 2004 12:17 PM
glencar $132! LOL 1984 was a great tour!
November 1st, 2004 12:19 PM
jb 1984 was the ladt "real" Stones tour...
November 1st, 2004 12:23 PM
glencar 2002 was the last great tour. How can they top it?
November 1st, 2004 08:24 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
2002 was the last great tour. How can they top it?

Wait for 2005...
November 2nd, 2004 02:06 AM
IanBillen
I remember that tour. They opened with Van-Halen's single "Jump". I think their on-core was a Tears for Fears number.
Keith played a synthesizer.
Charlie was replaced by a drum machine.
And Mick wore a Michael Jackson Beat-it Zipper Jacket.

Ian
November 2nd, 2004 02:42 AM
luridchief >>actually, come to think of it, with the release of Live Licks today, theres probably tens of thousands..!<<

Pat my head an call me "sucker!" LOL
November 2nd, 2004 05:10 AM
Gazza ok then..you're a sucker....

(PS : so am I. I've ordered the damn thing. Its only £10.99 for a double CD on the internet, which I'll hardly miss. However, its the first time in over 25 years that I havent had a new Stones album in my hands the morning that it was released. I guess the difference is, I'm completely underwhelmed by this 'product'. Mind you, I bought Satanic Majesties on CD even though I already knew it was awful)

That said,having read your post on the "live Licks" thread, I think with all the shit you've had to deal with in the last year or so, you've more right to be enthusiastic about LL than anyone. Enjoy it
[Edited by Gazza]
November 2nd, 2004 05:32 AM
caro
quote:
PS : so am I. I've ordered the damn thing.

What??!!!

Gazza, you're destroying your legacy. All those great attack posts against Live Licks...
*sheds a tear*

November 2nd, 2004 05:43 AM
Gazza It was cheap. New CDs here are usually about £16 and £11 for a double CD is effectively the Stones way of admitting this is a low budget release. In other words, its in the cut price bargain bins FROM the day of release.

I'll listen to it out of curiosity and with an open mind as to it's musical merits or shortcomings. I'm a collector and a historian/archivist (for want of a couple of better words) after all. Hey - my setlists page needs updating. Lets say I bought it for 'research purposes' LOL. I guess I'm 'obliged' to buy it for that reason!

That doesnt mean to say I'll agree that it should have been released in the first place. It shouldnt have been. No question about it. My contempt over the whole merits of this shoddy product is as strong as ever.

My point in mentioning 'Satanic Majesties' in my previous post is that I'm a big enough mug to buy stuff by certain artists even though I'm not sure that I'll care for it or play it more than a couple of times.
November 2nd, 2004 09:37 AM
luridchief Thanks for the kind words, Gazza! Considering the age of most of their fanbase, "Live Licks" just may be a huge hit thanks to "Cancer-Survivor-Stones-Fans!" LOL

The "Rocks Off" edit is shameful, however--makes NO sense as it couldn't really be because of time since there was ample available for the full deal.