ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Someone... pending credits - with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: groupies Return to archive
October 31st, 2004 09:19 AM
keith mcjagger my frineds aunt was gonna be a groupie for the stones, but she didnt want to be. but they personally invited her. :O

do you know any groupies?
October 31st, 2004 09:40 AM
MP groupies.....LOL yeah
October 31st, 2004 09:42 AM
MP
quote:
keith mcjagger wrote:
my frineds aunt was gonna be a groupie for the stones, but she didnt want to be. but they personally invited her. :O

Elaborate please keith mcjagger....WHO is your aunt? And when was it that the Stones "invited" her to be a groupie? This should be interesting..LOL
October 31st, 2004 09:42 AM
MP oh...sorry oops...your "friend's" auntie
October 31st, 2004 10:09 AM
keith mcjagger well i dont really know when he told me i didnt even really like them. and he's a techno geek, so he wasnt either. ill ask him when i see him, although he moved to mass.
October 31st, 2004 03:40 PM
gypsy I was gonna be a groupie too, but then I changed my mind. I was going to be a soda jerk or a Four-star General...I still don't know what I want to be.
October 31st, 2004 09:00 PM
MP I've always wanted to be in control.
October 31st, 2004 10:15 PM
glencar Control is key, baby!
November 1st, 2004 11:28 AM
Honky Tonk Man My ex-manager has a picture of his aunt, on the back of a motorbike with Mick Jagger. It was taken 1n 1961.

She doesn't talk about it apparently and yes it does exist. I didn't believe him until I saw the snap myself.

Alex
November 1st, 2004 11:32 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MP wrote:
oh...sorry oops...your "friend's" auntie

That reminds me of another poem I memorized when I was a kid (See Lizzie Borden thread).

Put on your old black panties
That used to be your aunties
With the sixteen buckles up the side
With the hole in the middle
Where your Uncle used to diddle
In the good old summertime.
November 1st, 2004 12:27 PM
glencar Well, it's better than Robt. Frost!
November 1st, 2004 08:26 PM
Soldatti
quote:
keith mcjagger wrote:
my frineds aunt was gonna be a groupie for the stones

LOL!
November 1st, 2004 09:26 PM
mickjaggersgrl
quote:
keith mcjagger wrote:
my frineds aunt was gonna be a groupie for the stones, but she didnt want to be. but they personally invited her. :O

no but ill be keith richards groupie
November 2nd, 2004 10:42 PM
MP
quote:
mickjaggersgrl wrote:

no but ill be keith richards groupie

Are you actually living in the NOW???? Have you seen Keef these days????? But then again, what do I know...
November 2nd, 2004 10:52 PM
gypsy I think she's semi-retarded, and just finished reading Pamela des Barres' "I'm with the Band."

That is so fucking lame--"My aunt was going to be a groupie, but decided that fucking twenty roadies to get to the bass player was just too much. So she married my uncle, and opted for the suburban lifestyle instead."

I mean, how does one decide to not become a groupie? Did she almost go all the way with Meatloaf, then she backed out at the last minute? I wanna know.
November 2nd, 2004 11:11 PM
MP any chick who gets to the point of no return doesn't "almost" become a groupie...once one has arrived there is no backing out. The chicks who get that far aren't going to make that type of a decision....lets be realistic, they bare their tits in the front row throughou the bloody show, then when Mick sends for them, they say "oh, no, that wouldn't be right...I might have his love child and go on welfare...I can't do that" LMBAO
November 2nd, 2004 11:12 PM
MP
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I think she's semi-retarded, and just finished reading Pamela des Barres' "I'm with the Band."

That is so fucking lame--"My aunt was going to be a groupie, but decided that fucking twenty roadies to get to the bass player was just too much. So she married my uncle, and opted for the suburban lifestyle instead."

I mean, how does one decide to not become a groupie? Did she almost go all the way with Meatloaf, then she backed out at the last minute? I wanna know.

Pamela was a slut
November 3rd, 2004 05:14 AM
gypsy At least she is honest. Unlike Bebe Buell, who considers herself a very influential muse. Sorry, Bebe, you were a groupie, and you need to grasp that.
I rather like Pamela's writing style. Plus, there's the ol' double standard yet again. It's okay for these rockers to go out and nail any chick they want without a stigma attached...but when it's the other way around, teh woman is a slut. I don't think these chauvinistic views will ever change. Why can't it be "Mick is a slut?"
November 3rd, 2004 05:26 AM
FotiniD
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Plus, there's the ol' double standard yet again. It's okay for these rockers to go out and nail any chick they want without a stigma attached...but when it's the other way around, teh woman is a slut. I don't think these chauvinistic views will ever change. Why can't it be "Mick is a slut?"

That would be a more equal view on things, but as you say, I too doubt things will change anytime soon.

I like the view and comments "Almost Famous" made on that. The whole "band-aid" thing.

The "groupie" thing however, is one of my favorite issues; I think there's a much deeper level to it than just girls wanting to have sex with famous rockers, blah, blah, blah. The whole motivation for being a groupie, the need or desire to be near someone who's made some sort of art, even if it means only sleeping with him... I don't know, I find it sort of fascinating, the whole sociological and psychological extensions of it. Or maybe I'm just reading too much in a simple thing

But I'd sure love to write a big book on that some day. "Groupies: Attitudes, Motivations and Reasons Why", haha

Sure I can equal Pamela's and Bebe's writing skills
November 3rd, 2004 07:18 AM
gypsy Pamela's a good writer. Her first and third book were well-written--particularly her third. The second one was big on adjectives--apparently, Pamela had taken a creative writing course and got a bit carried away. I blame it on her teacher. She redeemed herself with her third book--"Rock Bottom," which is excellent.
Bebe is just a complete idiot and a total bitch who cannot write.
I can't stand when I read something where Marianne and Anita are referred to as groupies. They weren't--they had relationships with Mick and Keith, respectively. A groupie, to me, is some chick who just goes around sleeping with celebrities. But Marianne and Anita don't fall into the groupie category.
November 3rd, 2004 09:23 AM
FotiniD
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I can't stand when I read something where Marianne and Anita are referred to as groupies. They weren't--they had relationships with Mick and Keith, respectively. A groupie, to me, is some chick who just goes around sleeping with celebrities. But Marianne and Anita don't fall into the groupie category.

Sure Marianne and Anita weren't groupies.
But, I still insist that sometimes a groupie is more than just a "chick who goes around sleeping with celebrities".

Again I quote Almost Famous

Sapphire, talking about the new groupies, comparing with the "older" girls: "They don't even know what it is to be a fan. Y'know? To truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts."