ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Someone... pending credits - with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Green Day in NJ Return to archive
October 31st, 2004 09:00 AM
luxury1 anyone else see this show last night at the COntinental Arena? I thought they put on great show, musically and visually, and Billy JOe was fucking hysterical and his voice is pretty good too. (their drummer is a monster).
I did, however, feel my age, when during a slow tune, everyone held up their cell phones and waved them back and forth. I thought they were the good ole fashioned lighters, until I took a closer look at the youngins around me. Jeesh.
October 31st, 2004 01:00 PM
Bloozehound these dayz your suppposed to call your friends on the cellphone, and hold it up so they can hear a particular song they like, and then you both proceeed to yell like crazy at each other because they heard the song.

Repeat as necessary for each song

of coarse I don't participate in any of this, I just report the facts
October 31st, 2004 11:04 PM
PolkSalad No but I saw Social D last night and Mike Ness only made one crack about the punk rockers who weren't born when he started out. He did bring a 7 and 9 year old on stage tho...
October 31st, 2004 11:23 PM
Bloozehound Wow Social Distortion?

Like a reunion? Or have they still been together all this time? I didn't even know that band was still around, they're relics.

Salad are you also the Sleepy LaBeef guy that posts here?
[Edited by Bloozehound]
November 1st, 2004 12:30 PM
glencar You can only here the music during the slow songs. While not a youngin myself, I cellphoned some friends during "Sympathy" & it was unreadable. The Keef set worked better.
November 1st, 2004 03:32 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Wow Social Distortion?

Like a reunion? Or have they still been together all this time? I didn't even know that band was still around, they're relics.

Salad are you also the Sleepy LaBeef guy that posts here?
[Edited by Bloozehound]

Yup, Social D has been around all this time. First cd in 8 years tho.

Yup, I go by Sleepy Joe Presley at times as well. SleepyLaBeef, Tony Joe White, and Elvis all did "Polk Salad Annie."
November 2nd, 2004 03:42 PM
jb They were good !!!