ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Đ 2004 Someone... pending credits - with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live Licks OUT NOW ! Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 28th, 2004 11:18 AM
bootcover Just bought the new Live Licks cd, so it's OUT NOW !
October 28th, 2004 11:26 AM
Jumacfly Hi
is it the same version as FF???
October 28th, 2004 11:29 AM
bootcover Am at work right now, so can't play it
As far as I know only 2 songs are not on FF dvd...
October 28th, 2004 01:04 PM
The_Worst
quote:
bootcover wrote:
Just bought the new Live Licks cd, so it's OUT NOW !

Where did you buy it?!?!
October 28th, 2004 01:04 PM
Saint Sway where did you buy it?

I thought that it wasnt out until next week?
October 28th, 2004 03:43 PM
F505
quote:
bootcover wrote:
Just bought the new Live Licks cd, so it's OUT NOW !

You are the first and will be the last I guess
October 28th, 2004 03:59 PM
edithgrove Anyone know the difference between the US & UK releases?
October 28th, 2004 04:07 PM
erikjjf
quote:
edithgrove wrote:
Anyone know the difference between the US & UK releases?

US: bikini top
UK: topless
October 28th, 2004 04:08 PM
F505 Only the cover design is different. On the UK release you see a completely nude woman whereas the US version is censored.
October 28th, 2004 04:08 PM
F505
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

US: bikini top
UK: topless

you were faster!
October 28th, 2004 04:11 PM
Moonisup it's not worth buying it
October 28th, 2004 04:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
edithgrove wrote:
Anyone know the difference between the US & UK releases?

two little oriental manga titties
October 28th, 2004 04:22 PM
bootcover It's a piece of crap, the worst live cd up to now
October 28th, 2004 04:27 PM
F505 thanks for the warning
October 28th, 2004 04:35 PM
exilestones@netscape
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
it's not worth buying it

How do you know? Is it out in Holland? Have you heard it???
October 28th, 2004 04:36 PM
F505 It is so bad that it is forbidden in Holland!
October 28th, 2004 09:43 PM
Soldatti
quote:
bootcover wrote:
It's a piece of crap, the worst live cd up to now

Sounds good!
October 29th, 2004 01:25 AM
rogerriffin
quote:
bootcover wrote:
It's a piece of crap, the worst live cd up to now

hey friend! itīs a ROLLING STONES LIVE DOUBLE ALBUM since love you live, it doesnīt matter???
October 29th, 2004 08:39 AM
Moonisup
quote:
rogerriffin wrote:

hey friend! itīs a ROLLING STONES LIVE DOUBLE ALBUM since love you live, it doesnīt matter???

it does matter, cos it's crap, with a few terrible edits
[Edited by Moonisup]
October 29th, 2004 09:14 AM
Madafaka On November 2 I will tell you my opinion.
October 29th, 2004 09:32 AM
Gimme Shelter It will be great. Its the STONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 29th, 2004 09:44 AM
jb As usual, I was correct.
October 29th, 2004 10:21 PM
Gazza http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,160426

Great reviews so far by those who have heard it.....NOT!

Disc 1 is 49 mins. Disc 2 is 60 mins.

So, not content with dropping ten songs from the original tracklist, even though they have some 70 minutes free time spread over the two discs - theyve STILL edited the songs. And very badly and noticeably too, by all accounts.

Can this whole thing get any worse?
October 29th, 2004 10:42 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Always!
Look at the Rollingstones.com inteligence service:

Rollingstones.com-
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is once again time to get your Licks. Live Licks, that is. In honor of the release of the brand new two-cd Live Licks album this coming Tuesday (surely the second most important thing happening in America on November 2), the RollingStones.com Official Store is very pleased to announce the opening of the Live Licks pre-order store.

Here's your chance to get Live Licks artwork on a men's black tee shirt, a women's babydoll tee, a women's tank top, and a black flexfit baseball cap. Plus, if you are not going to be able to make it out to the record store soon, you can order the Live Licks CD in a special bundle with the men's tee or the babydoll tee. These designs are as vibrant as Live Licks itself.

Everything ordered will be shipped out on Friday, November 19, arriving to you as early as November 23rd (if you select expedited shipping).

This year, U.S.-based Stones fans can vote twice: once on November 2nd and once for the world's greatest rock 'n roll music and merchandise. Stones fans of any nationality can get Licked one more time!

Thanks,

RollingStones.com Official Store
October 29th, 2004 10:46 PM
Some Guy and then depression set in
October 29th, 2004 11:21 PM
Gazza In the name of good holy fuck......
October 30th, 2004 12:41 AM
Soldatti I saw the new Brown Sugar's video on TV, is taken from Four Flicks, Twickenham.
October 31st, 2004 09:02 AM
exilestones@netscape Got Live Licks. Over all very good. Some things sucks some are great.
October 31st, 2004 10:38 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,160426

Great reviews so far by those who have heard it.....NOT!

Disc 1 is 49 mins. Disc 2 is 60 mins.

So, not content with dropping ten songs from the original tracklist, even though they have some 70 minutes free time spread over the two discs - theyve STILL edited the songs. And very badly and noticeably too, by all accounts.

ouch!

what i don't understand is why they dont just release a show in its entirety, no editing. look 9/10 of the buying public will not even hear the edits, nor will they know what's missing, and/or even care. so why edit, esp. when the format accepts the allotted time - all stones gigs from the licks tour fit nicely on two discs, with no editing necessary...

two things bother me about this. one - they have already recorded the f*cking things. all they need is someone (i gladly offer my services) to sit down, transfer and track the thing without making any errors, burn the CD master and send it to the plant. i do it all the time (everytime i tape), so i know how easy it is to do properly, and i know it can be done with a minimum of effort...

these shows should stand as COMPLETE moments in time. CD players are all equipped with "repeat" functions and ff/rew buttons for the yutz who wants to listen to "Tumbling Dice" one hundred times. the people who only want to listen to the warhorses can do that with a complete show CD set. But those of us that want the whole thing cannot get it the way these are being released. by cutting these things up, you make them historically less significant. now, i know many of you think i am way too anal about all this stuff, but there is something to be said for archiving properly (hell, if you do something, do it correctly)...

but the other thing that drives me insane in regards to this edited/re-hashed garbage the band continues to release is that by doing so, the band looks like they have something to hide. and they do NOT! they were ON much more often than not the last tour, and they have nothing to be ashamed of - they still are one of the top live acts (and with a little more spit, smoke and sweat they could be the unquestionable champs), so why not showcase the band's performances as complete moments in time, and let people judge for themselves..?

why the beancounters haven't spoken up about this is beyond me too, because the revenue stream generated by releasing indivdual shows has a much longer lifespan (note the [real] dead's "dick's picks" series, live! phish, etc.)...

instead we get stuff that is virtually unlistenable...

_____

in regards to the band's horrid merchandise - those doggy sweaters with kr.com splattered all over them were downright depressing. after seeing that, nothing could shock me...

attn: rs.com merchandising folks... here are two items that would be dirt cheap for you to manufacture, and would sell like hot cakes...

1. a ceramic BIG black ashtray with the tongue on the bottom - no ridges in the ashtray, please!

2. a roach clip on a chain, with the toungue emblem hanging at the opposite end (you could even use the same pieces you have left over from all those pins you never sold)...

these two ideas are free - the next ones will cost ya
October 31st, 2004 12:35 PM
F505 This is the first time in my life I don't buy a new Stones album. Heard some samples but it sounded as the last couple of (legal) live cd's: polisged, edited and uninspired.
The cover art and typography is just terrible. Even worse than No Security.
The good news is: I have received the boots from the 81 tour tree. Now that's what I call rock 'n' roll.
Page: 1 2