ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Someone... pending credits - with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What band would you most like to see reunite? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
October 26th, 2004 11:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Kath! I will e-mail you some more

On one hand Jefferson Airplane was the best reunion come-back ever with that 1992 "Jefferson Airplane" album with Nicky Hopkins on piano, in fact the last good album with Nicky on it

But on the other Jefferson Airplane has been the worst spoiling in rock history when "Starship" started with no "Jefferson"

October 26th, 2004 11:45 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Well, yeah, joey, we always need more cowbell. But beer ain't in the C10, so sirmoonie is our man.

JOSHY CAN PLAY THE SKIN FLUTE
October 26th, 2004 11:52 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
If we count dead people, The Who by far, followed by the Clash, then Alice in Chains

Actual possibilities

Soundgarden
Guns and Roses

Along those lines I'd say Screaming Trees. Mudhoney got better when they dumped Matt Lukin and re-united so it ain't all for profit.

I'd like to see Son Seals get back together with Dan and Red.
October 27th, 2004 02:43 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

JOSHY CAN PLAY THE SKIN FLUTE

LOL, he can also play the rectum flute
October 27th, 2004 03:18 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

LOL, he can also play the rectum flute

Ju - is that when you deliberately play a BUM note??
October 27th, 2004 04:20 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

Ju - is that when you deliberately play a BUM note??

Hi SIA
correct!!!
October 27th, 2004 08:00 AM
Some Guy Bon Jovi- not!
October 27th, 2004 08:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

they did reunite for the filthy lucre tour - i, rather foolishly it turns out, decided not go as i thought it wouldn't be any good and would be just a rip off by a bunch of old farts trying to relive their glory days

more fool me as i've since heard recordings of some of the shows and they were brilliant

indeed. AND it was the original line up too!
October 27th, 2004 04:14 PM
gypsy I can't be the ONLY one who wants to see the C10 reunite onstage one last time?!
October 27th, 2004 04:32 PM
Dan Ethyl Meatplow and/or Geraldine Fibbers.

October 27th, 2004 05:17 PM
Nasty Habits The Replacements
October 27th, 2004 05:57 PM
mickjaggersgrl
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
What band?

The Stones

i know rite
October 27th, 2004 06:02 PM
mickjaggersgrl
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Bon Jovi- not!

lolololol
October 27th, 2004 09:51 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Bon Jovi- not!

The new Bon Jovi's box set is released in November with 50 outtakes and if that not is enough they are releasing a new album in March 2005.
October 27th, 2004 10:26 PM
Dan
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

The new Bon Jovi's box set is released in November with 50 outtakes and if that not is enough they are releasing a new album in March 2005.

I still remember Gazza's now legendary tirade about this. It should be included in the liner notes.
October 29th, 2004 03:53 AM
Cant Catch Me The Chipmunks. But did they actually break up and retire or did they just go into extended hibernation?
October 29th, 2004 04:08 AM
Juha The New Barbarians
(between the next two Stones tours...)
October 29th, 2004 04:17 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Cant Catch Me wrote:
The Chipmunks. But did they actually break up and retire or did they just go into extended hibernation?

Chipmunks film in works

October 6, 2004

Dear R.K. Shull: I caught just a piece of a Hollywood report that "Alvin and the Chipmunks" are coming back. I was just a little kid when "The Chipmunk Song" was playing everywhere. What year was that? -- M.G.

Dear Reader: That hit single came out in 1958 and started the "Chipmunk" fervor that lasted through the 1960s. The plan now is for a feature film with live people and computer-generated chipmunks.

October 29th, 2004 04:40 AM
beer
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Chipmunks film in works

Dear Reader: That hit single came out in 1958 and started the "Chipmunk" fervor that lasted through the 1960s. The plan now is for a feature film with live people and computer-generated chipmunks.

Blasphemy. I like THe Chipmunks animated, as they were meant to be. Computer Generated Chipmunks??? The world is certainly doomed. When the Chipmunks started out, they were sincere Chipmunks with a hardcore DIY ethic. Now they just sell out to a slick, polished computer production. Their "Jimmy Miller Years" were certainly their best. Then THeodore quit, and everything went to hell. Simon got addicted to junk, and Alvin was forced to make a living as a gay chipmunk hooker.That poor little furry bastard. very tragic.
October 29th, 2004 05:07 AM
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:

I still remember Gazza's now legendary tirade about this. It should be included in the liner notes.

if thats not bad enough, they have a new greatest hits album out, with the most misleading title in the history of popular music, "100 Million Bon Jovi Fans Cant Be Wrong" (oh yes, they fucking CAN!)

The cover is a mock-up of the classic Elvis' Gold Records Vol.2 cover with a similar title ("50 Million Elvis Fans Cant Be Wrong") - only this time it's the Singing Poodle himself on the cover resplendent in gold lame suit instead of the King.

As an Elvis diehard and notorious Bon Jovi hater, you can imagine the volume of projectile vomiting that ensued at Gazza Towers when I first saw a photo of this atrocity...
October 29th, 2004 06:12 AM
Honky Tonk Man Well, Gazza, I don't have much time for him either!

I am very unfortunite. At any given time, Living On A Prayer will start playing over and over in my head. "WOAA WE'RE HALF WAY THERE, WOAA LIVING ON A PRAYER, TAKE MY HAND, WE'LL MAKE IT I SWEAR, WOAA, LIVING ON A PRAYER!"

I blaim a chain of Irish pubs called O Neils
October 29th, 2004 06:58 AM
Gazza Thanks Alex.

You've now ingrained the song in my head and ruined the rest of the afternoon for me.

Bastard!
October 29th, 2004 07:21 AM
Honky Tonk Man Well, my afternoon is ruined already.

Just found out that my girlfreind has opted to take another bar shift at work. So, instead of going to a decent pub, I have to bloody stay at work 'till 9!

Tomorrow night, I'm going to a Rave!

Partying too heavy house music 'till 7am. Brilliant, NOT!
October 29th, 2004 07:39 AM
Gazza Thats what happens when you lay that Bon Jovi shit on me. bad karma , and what goes around, comes around, etc....
October 29th, 2004 08:58 AM
Cant Catch Me The Chipmunks and humans intermingling freely, what the hell?!!??

What, are the Chipmunks gonna be five feet tall, or are the humans gonna be three inches tall? And what'll the movie be rated if it's filled with the congress of humans and chipmunks?? Five feet tall chipmunks, no less!!
October 29th, 2004 10:53 AM
Saint Sway THE X-PENSIVE WINOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather see a Wino reunion than a Stones tour

the others I'd like to see:
Black Crowes
Uncle Tupelo
October 30th, 2004 06:07 PM
Night Clerk Spinal Tap!
October 30th, 2004 09:41 PM
glencar Orleans.
October 30th, 2004 10:01 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Quiet Riot

Ratt

Herman's Hermits
October 30th, 2004 11:35 PM
Soldatti My little sister is a Bon Jovi fan, the good point is that I'm not in home in almost all day...
Page: 1 2 3 4