ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Toyota Center Houston, TX, 1st December 2005
© Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen Show Was Great Last Night Return to archive
30th October 2007 02:01 PM
Dan L.A. Sports Arena
Oct 29

Got a GA Floor ticket for $40. Though the show was technically sold out, there were no ticketless people to be seen. Saw very few floors and lowers but there were literally hundreds of upper decks available outside. Some guy with 4 extras had dropped the price to $10 and still had the 4 tickets when I went in 30 mins later. My friend traded a beer for a ticket - just some info for anyone considering tonight.

The show itself was awesome. I kinda like the all meat 130 minute set rather than a bloated with filler 3 hour show myself. That, and my legs were tired. The new stuff sounds really good and I am glad the set is half newer material so it wasn't even close to an oldies set. I wish I could go again tonight.

Any questions?
30th October 2007 02:25 PM
Gazza Go tonight and see if you can get it for even less!

Maybe your friend can get in for a coke this time!
[Edited by Gazza]
30th October 2007 02:30 PM
Saint Sway Hey Gazza,

thought you'd might like this band... called Lucero... been tagged as "Memphis Springsteen".... great alt-country band that the singer reminds me way more of early Steve Earle than Bruce (and sounds a bit like the Truckers Cooley too)

natch, I thought of you..

ck it blood:
http://www.luceromusic.com/
30th October 2007 02:40 PM
glencar Did Springsteen continue on with his political blather or has that been dropped?
30th October 2007 02:40 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Go tonight and see if you can get it for even less!

Maybe your friend can get in for a coke this time!
[Edited by Gazza]

I would absolutely love to just for the challenge (and the setlist changes) but I am going to see Neil Young tonight. Late October the concert calendar gets really crowded around here
30th October 2007 02:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Did Springsteen continue on with his political blather or has that been dropped?

he's saving it until you get a ticket.....!
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
Did Springsteen continue on with his political blather or has that been dropped?

During the beginning of Living In The Future, it was brief, non provacative and also really nothing worth getting upset over.
steel driving hammer
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
ck it blood:

ck this...

http://wwhp.com/WhipPicks2007.htm
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:

I would absolutely love to just for the challenge (and the setlist changes) but I am going to see Neil Young tonight.

Bastard.....
30th October 2007 02:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Hey Gazza,

thought you'd might like this band... called Lucero... been tagged as "Memphis Springsteen".... great alt-country band that the singer reminds me way more of early Steve Earle than Bruce (and sounds a bit like the Truckers Cooley too)

natch, I thought of you..

ck it blood:

Thanks for that. Sounds like a good combination. I shall investigate further!
30th October 2007 02:43 PM
glencar I think you should skip Neil. Isn't the 2nd Bruce night in a city the better one?
30th October 2007 02:45 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think you should skip Neil. Isn't the 2nd Bruce night in a city the better one?

Last night the crowd was exceptional and very into it, an anomoly for L.A. Tonight may very well be the typical L.A. crowd.
30th October 2007 02:48 PM
Gazza You'll probably find that theres a higher % of insiders and hangers-on at the first of a two night stand, and so maybe more actual FANS at night 2 as some of them maybe got shut out of the first one. Great to hear it was a lively crowd..did you tape it?

Bruce and Neil on consecutive nights is hard to beat!
30th October 2007 03:11 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:
You'll probably find that theres a higher % of insiders and hangers-on at the first of a two night stand, and so maybe more actual FANS at night 2 as some of them maybe got shut out of the first one. Great to hear it was a lively crowd..did you tape it?

Yes, but I am going to shows every night this week now and a family event this weekend. It's top priority so far though. Got a nice clear shot at the PA, about as a good as you are going to get at an arena show which I wasn't expecting.
30th October 2007 03:22 PM
ebmp
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think you should skip Neil. Isn't the 2nd Bruce night in a city the better one?

Yes. The setlists have been much better on the second night, with lots of gems, such as Meeting Across The River/Jungleland, Incident on 57th Street and Racing in the Street
30th October 2007 03:28 PM
glencar I didn't have the money or interest back then but I wish I'd gone to the Darkness tour.
30th October 2007 03:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I didn't have the money or interest back then but I wish I'd gone to the Darkness tour.

That tour never left the US unfortunately, so 'The River' tour was my first one. I spent the evening before my 18th birthday at Wembley Arena seeing the best concert I've ever witnessed. (The fact that I had my last illegal drink there was merely coincidental). My first ever time in London and the first time I was ever away from home without adult supervision. As an example of my teenage naivety - when the shows scheduled for April got postponed as Bruce fell ill, the new date (June 4th) clashed with my French A-Level exam. I returned my tickets and wrote a letter personally addressed to the promoter Harvey Goldsmith (thinking he handled all the tickets personally!) and asked him if he could change them for a different date even though the tickets said "Cant be exchanged". Whoever read it obviously gave me an Idiot Pass and did so.

Gottorollme saw some great 1978 shows, I think, including one of the legendary Passaic Capitol Theatre ones.
30th October 2007 03:36 PM
GimmeExile Dan, glad to hear you saw Bruce. I know you weren't impressedy by the Dodger Stadium show.

I agree 100% with your comments. Although the show is short for Bruce, there is no fat, no filler...just pure rock and roll intensity.

** How much did you pay for your Neil Young ticket? I'm going to Friday's show and trying to avoid the $257 face value!
30th October 2007 03:53 PM
robpop You guys are killing me with these reviews. It's going to be a long two weeks wait.
30th October 2007 03:55 PM
pdog Neil and Bruce back2back... that is awesome.
30th October 2007 03:57 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

That tour never left the US unfortunately, so 'The River' tour was my first one. I spent the evening before my 18th birthday at Wembley Arena seeing the best concert I've ever witnessed. (The fact that I had my last illegal drink there was merely coincidental). My first ever time in London and the first time I was ever away from home without adult supervision. As an example of my teenage naivety - when the shows scheduled for April got postponed as Bruce fell ill, the new date (June 4th) clashed with my French A-Level exam. I returned my tickets and wrote a letter personally addressed to the promoter Harvey Goldsmith (thinking he handled all the tickets personally!) and asked him if he could change them for a different date even though the tickets said "Cant be exchanged". Whoever read it obviously gave me an Idiot Pass and did so.

Gottorollme saw some great 1978 shows, I think, including one of the legendary Passaic Capitol Theatre ones.

I was pretty naive back then too. I remember sending in several hundred postcards to a radio station in order to win tix to a Stones concert. I was quite perturbed when I didn't win! Not getting to go back then makes be a bit oblivious to their high ticket prices these days. Now, I have a bit set aside & I can go to enough shows,
30th October 2007 04:13 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL...great story! And yes, I was lucky enough to see one of the legendary Capitol Theatre shows, among others. Yeah I'm that old, but it's been a hell of a ride.
30th October 2007 04:17 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was pretty naive back then too. I remember sending in several hundred postcards to a radio station in order to win tix to a Stones concert. I was quite perturbed when I didn't win! Not getting to go back then makes be a bit oblivious to their high ticket prices these days. Now, I have a bit set aside & I can go to enough shows,

I remember those postcard lotteries! I used to send in hundreds of them too. I never won, but I knew people that did. Even THAT beats out Ticketmaster's antics of late though - at least you had a shot. The Springsteen sale was a fiasco.
30th October 2007 04:17 PM
glencar Age is but a state of mind, no? I can do much more now than I did then!
30th October 2007 05:01 PM
gimmekeef At least you guys have options..and great ones at that...Atlanta?....fuck we cant even get drinking water much less decent entertainment.
30th October 2007 06:15 PM
Dan
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Dan, glad to hear you saw Bruce. I know you weren't impressedy by the Dodger Stadium show.

I agree 100% with your comments. Although the show is short for Bruce, there is no fat, no filler...just pure rock and roll intensity.

** How much did you pay for your Neil Young ticket? I'm going to Friday's show and trying to avoid the $257 face value!

Stonebeatle from Shidoobee gave me the ticket! Haven't paid attention to Ebay or anything like that.

Dodger Stadium looked like it could have been a great show but my location and surroundings added a sense of detachment from the actual event which is why I am glad I finally saw him in a smaller venue.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)